PDA

View Full Version : Fathers deadlift vids (410lbsx1 & 450lbsx1)

diesel_dan
01-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Got some videos of my dad in action. Recently also posted a picture thread for him, if anyone wants to check it out: http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=105775 . Anyways, got two deadlift vids today, as the title says. One is a 410lbsx1 and the second is a 450lbsx1. I'd like to also re-mention that he has only been working out about 4 months now.

Comments on form would be great, although not the best angle for critique.

Oh and please forgive our stupidity, it's how we roll lol.

410x1: http://www.mach5host.com/misc/lifting/410lbsDeadlift.ASF
450x1: http://www.mach5host.com/misc/lifting/450lbsDeadlift.ASF

He would like me to thank Built for all her help and AtLarge Nutrition for their great products. His goals are to keep lifting and make a name for himself in his age/weight group.

bjohnso
01-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I'd like to see the videos, but the links don't work for me.

diesel_dan
01-20-2008, 06:49 PM
So sorry guys, forgot to add a directory in the URL. Should be working now.

bjohnso
01-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Hmmm, it won't let me open it with windows media player for some reason.

Built
01-20-2008, 07:03 PM
It's opening fine for me now, thanks.

The old man (okay, to ME he's a KID, you be sure to tell him that from me... ) he's a strong man, hey? I can see you inherited some EXCELLENT genes.

Nice. :)

berfles
01-20-2008, 07:05 PM
I don't know, it looks to me like he straightens his legs too soon and just the majority of the lift with only his back. I think it should be more of a single motion and have the legs lock out as the back is already straightening.

Either way, impressive lifts.

chris mason
01-20-2008, 07:08 PM
a) I LOVE the shirt! :)

b) Great lift, especially for only 4 months of training.

c) Tell him to focus on more leg drive.

diesel_dan
01-20-2008, 07:09 PM
bjohnso:
Not sure why, it works fine for me. Do you have a codecs pack?

Built:
Lol, he got a laugh out of that one. Couldn't of done it without all your great advice and help.

berfles:
Yep, were working on that. He actually noticed it himself after reviewing the video.

Built
01-20-2008, 07:09 PM
I agree with berfles. He needs to lean back earlier in the lift and PULL. I think he's got that healthy fear of removing all the skin off his shins that makes people do this.

May I recommend shin guards? Or at least sweat pants?

diesel_dan
01-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Chris, he was really looking forward to a comment from you. I'll relay the advice to him. He really loves your products.

diesel_dan
01-20-2008, 07:12 PM
I agree with berfles. He needs to lean back earlier in the lift and PULL. I think he's got that healthy fear of removing all the skin off his shins that makes people do this.

May I recommend shin guards? Or at least sweat pants?

We were actually thinking of shin guards. At this time we're still getting form down, but I don't think it's bad at all for 4 months.

Also think I should note that with this being a max for him, his form was a little rougher than usual as well.

Chris Rodgers
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Make sure he leads off the floor with his head/chest. Looks like he basically is driving his hips up and the doing a SLDL. He might as well start the hips higher because he is wasting energy by doing that.

For 4 months, that's an impressive deadlift either way. His lockout is a strong point considering the poor technique off the floor. If he can get his technique down, he'll be over 500 soon. You guys need to get some more big plates, lol.

I would have him not only pull heavy, but pull a lot of singles with moderate weights 60-80% and work on technique. Take lots of video and review them. Look at a lot of powerlifting videos on youtube and compare all the different tecniques. He may want to experiment with sumo as well.

diesel_dan
01-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Make sure he leads off the floor with his head/chest. Looks like he basically is driving his hips up and the doing a SLDL. He might as well start the hips higher because he is wasting energy by doing that.

For 4 months, that's an impressive deadlift either way. His lockout is a strong point considering the poor technique off the floor. If he can get his technique down, he'll be over 500 soon. You guys need to get some more big plates, lol.

I would have him not only pull heavy, but pull a lot of singles with moderate weights 60-80% and work on technique. Take lots of video and review them. Look at a lot of powerlifting videos on youtube and compare all the different tecniques. He may want to experiment with sumo as well.

Thanks for the advice Chris. Just what we were looking for. I'll be sure to make sure he leads with his head/chest. Also I see what you mean by the driving his hips up and basically doing a SLDL.

Yeah, no kidding on the weights... I'm the one that has to load/unload them lol. I'll start taking more videos to post back for more critique after we work on the technique.