PDA

View Full Version : Marius Pudzianoski goes down in CT

vdizenzo
01-20-2008, 08:58 PM
CT native Derek Poundstone took down Marius at the Mohagan Sun World's Strongest Man Super Series event. He qualified for the World's Strongest Man Derek took 4th in the IFSA World's where there is some sick competition. Remember the name.

He got screwed by the judges on the first event and was 9th out of 13. He battled all the way to number one beating Marius on the stones in the last event. Good times!

bigmoney
01-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Thats freakin awsome. I just read about it over on Marunde Muscle forums. Props to Derek, I have always admired his enthusiasm and dedication to his sport!

chris mason
01-20-2008, 09:25 PM
That is awesome! V, do you have any more information on him?

vdizenzo
01-20-2008, 10:08 PM
That is awesome! V, do you have any more information on him?

Why yes I do.

Bob
01-20-2008, 11:05 PM
He got screwed by the judges on the first event and was 9th out of 13. He battled all the way to number one beating Marius on the stones in the last event. Good times!
No he didn't... look at the video, he dragged the frame across the finish line... and there was a mark on the floor where he dropped it...

But Derek was a true competitor (nice guy too)... and workhorse.. he worked his way back with each event... and took out the 4 time world champ Mariusz on the last event... the stones. Derek flew them in the fastest time...

Sorry Vinny, even though you and Rhodes could have eaten me for a snack as we were waiting in line... we gotta be fair and impartial.

Congrat Derek...
Combine that with Donnie setting the new PL WR (back from a non-American)..
and the Giants winning... and it was a great weekend...

vdizenzo
01-21-2008, 12:01 AM
No he didn't... look at the video, he dragged the frame across the finish line... and there was a mark on the floor where he dropped it...

It slid as he fell because he was running past Marius. The chip was from where it fell. He did pick it up to get over the line. I won't argue this anymore and cloud Derek's great win.

It was good to see you.

Lones Green
01-21-2008, 03:42 AM
it really was a great weekend for USA strength.

Fuzzy
01-21-2008, 04:07 AM
Just a thought... how major was this competetion?

I mean, was Marius fully prepared given his supposed party schedule?

I just don't see how the current champ would get wooped like that, I reckon if this was the real WSM comp it would be a different ball game.

Bob
01-21-2008, 07:33 AM
I won't argue this anymore and cloud Derek's great win.
That's exactly why I want to be fair also... no clouds, no controversy.. the 2 refs are world reknown strength athletes, just like you & Derek... without the benefit of instant replay.
What Derek did was amazing!!! taking 9th place in the 1st event to overall gold.. and just added to the drama of the event... there were 4 guys who could have won at the end by just loading the 5th stone... they all came close, but though the sear exhaustion of the competition - 6 heavy strength events in 3 hours, none of them could do it. So the Fastest time won!!

Amazing event...

It was good to see you.
Thanks.. it was nice meeting you also..
And even though I disagree with you on this small detail of the event, I hope someday I could still come down to Southside and BP with you & Rhodes..

Bob
01-21-2008, 07:47 AM

I just don't see how the current champ would get wooped like that, I reckon if this was the real WSM comp it would be a different ball game.
Mariusz doesn't like to loose... especially in HIS fed... he had only lost 2 events in the last 3 years... and he has never lost the Mohegan Sun, the 1st event of the WSM SS season..

Mariusz didn't get wooped... a lot of the guys are just getting better... Mark Felix was in top condition.. and Terry Hollands was much improved... and everyone knew Derek was meant to be near the top after his impressive placing at the IFSA world championships... Mariusz left a few openings and the guys took advantage...

Marius still won 2 of the 6 events... but he really slipped on 2 others... Derek made the initial mistake, but then came back better on each of the following and then won the last event (stones) that were also worth double points. Derek had the heart of a champion that night in front of the hometown crowd.

If this would have been England.. perhaps Terry or Felix would have pulled it out...
Or if it was Poland, Mariusz would have...

Whatever.. it's going to be the best season ever in strongman...
The Arnold in a few weeks...
Then Fortissimus in July..
And the ongoing fed vs. fed controversy - WSM vs. IFSA..
and local competitions here in the US are really heating up too.. there are some big/strong "kids" growing up in this sport...

Fuzzy
01-21-2008, 10:22 AM
It's a brillaint sport.

Pick up heavy objects and move.

Ben Moore
01-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Not too shabby for Derek being a "fill in" after Nee popped his bicep. He only had 4 weeks max to get ready. Very, very impressive.

vdizenzo
01-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Not too shabby for Derek being a "fill in" after Nee popped his bicep. He only had 4 weeks max to get ready. Very, very impressive.

Derek said he only had 13 days to prepare.

Ben Moore
01-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Really? I had no idea it was that quick! That much more impressive of a win then!

drew
01-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Congrats to Derek on a huge win and on keeping CT in the strength spotlight.

Guido
01-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Fine fine, effort by Derek. Does that mean we'll be seeing him on the MetRx WSM soon?

vdizenzo
01-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Fine fine, effort by Derek. Does that mean we'll be seeing him on the MetRx WSM soon?

He had to come in the first four of this Super Series to qualify. So he will definitely be in the World's Strongest Man.

RhodeHouse
01-22-2008, 01:13 PM

It was a WSM qualifier. It was big. Mariusz got his ass beat - hands down.

RhodeHouse
01-22-2008, 01:15 PM
That's exactly why I want to be fair also... no clouds, no controversy.. the 2 refs are world reknown strength athletes, just like you & Derek... without the benefit of instant replay.
What Derek did was amazing!!! taking 9th place in the 1st event to overall gold.. and just added to the drama of the event... there were 4 guys who could have won at the end by just loading the 5th stone... they all came close, but though the sear exhaustion of the competition - 6 heavy strength events in 3 hours, none of them could do it. So the Fastest time won!!

Amazing event...

Thanks.. it was nice meeting you also..
And even though I disagree with you on this small detail of the event, I hope someday I could still come down to Southside and BP with you & Rhodes..

The 2 judges are jokes. Art is a control freak living in his past. And Liane - nothing special. Their claim to fame is as judges? BS call. Horrible. You must be swinging from Mariusz' nuts. Do they smell?

RhodeHouse
01-22-2008, 01:16 PM

13 days

Ben Moore
01-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Again, I said it is impressive that it was such a short time. Derek is a great competitor and it showed by how well he did after having the first event not go his way.

redFury
01-22-2008, 10:18 PM
It was a WSM qualifier. It was big. Mariusz got his ass beat - hands down.

Thats pretty awesome right there...

Guido
01-23-2008, 08:12 AM
It was a WSM qualifier. It was big. Mariusz got his ass beat - hands down.Dayamn. Can't wait to see how the WSM goes down this year then. Where is it going to be this time?

Hatred
01-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Good ****.

drew
01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Dayamn. Can't wait to see how the WSM goes down this year then. Where is it going to be this time?

TBD.

killxswitch
01-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Some guy with a camera put the tire flip/farmers carry up on youtube, if anyone wants to watch.

ttp://youtube.com/watch?v=C89v-rmpQD0

I can't post links for whatever reason, just copy the above and add an H to the beginning...