PDA

View Full Version : Biotest Superfood

IronKidd
01-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Seem's like a pretty strange supplement to me. What's your guys thoughts?

http://www.t-nation.com/article/supplements/the_perfect_superfood_is_here

Edit- Ah ****, wrong section

arnoldsclone
01-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Seem's like a pretty strange supplement to me. What's your guys thoughts?

http://www.t-nation.com/article/supplements/the_perfect_superfood_is_here

Edit- Ah ****, wrong section

this stuff is totally worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i want some!!!!!!!!

kevowamo
01-21-2008, 02:50 PM
interesting. absorption would be a problem maybe. i would break the dose into smaller portions throughout the day. give it a shot and let us know!:nod:

zen
01-21-2008, 02:51 PM
so, they are saying that pills are not what they are proped up to be (which I tend to agree with) because they contain some of the vitamins and minerals that (in their more natural state from fruits and veggies) are teh goodiez for you, but then they slap stuffs in a power and expect it to be that much better?
Just asking.

Granted, extracts are probably better than the chemically derived stuffs in most multi-vitamins, but personally, I'll stick with the real thing.

Last weekend, I made 100 (whole grain tortilla) burritos filled with a mix of 14 fruit and vegetables, along with cheese and egg (for a dose of protein, of course). I'm such a purist about vitamins, I didn't cook any of the vegetables, except that I did steam the broccoli and asparagus. The only bad part is that I gotta freeze them, but that's not nearly as bad as cooking them, and definitely not as bad as processing them.

"Can't get the servings per day..."
Not true.

kevowamo
01-21-2008, 02:55 PM
i was under the impression that GNCs multi was 'all-natural'. i.e. roughly 80% absorbtion when compared to the roughly 20% absorbtion of chemically-made multis like centrum. ever heard that?

arnoldsclone
01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
so, they are saying that pills are not what they are proped up to be (which I tend to agree with) because they contain some of the vitamins and minerals that (in their more natural state from fruits and veggies) are teh goodiez for you, but then they slap stuffs in a power and expect it to be that much better?
Just asking.

Granted, extracts are probably better than the chemically derived stuffs in most multi-vitamins, but personally, I'll stick with the real thing.

Last weekend, I made 100 (whole grain tortilla) burritos filled with a mix of 14 fruit and vegetables, along with cheese and egg (for a dose of protein, of course). I'm such a purist about vitamins, I didn't cook any of the vegetables, except that I did steam the broccoli and asparagus. The only bad part is that I gotta freeze them, but that's not nearly as bad as cooking them, and definitely not as bad as processing them.

"Can't get the servings per day..."
Not true.

this fruit/veggie burrito idea sounds GROSS man lol, with that being said how do i make it??

Holto
01-21-2008, 03:40 PM
i was under the impression that GNCs multi was 'all-natural'. i.e. roughly 80% absorbtion when compared to the roughly 20% absorbtion of chemically-made multis like centrum. ever heard that?

GNC's multi's are VERY cheaply made.

kevowamo
01-23-2008, 11:37 AM
how so?

Holto
01-23-2008, 12:50 PM
how so?

I worked for them. It's the single greatest source of net profit in the entire company. Given they aren't all that expensive, it's easy math to say they are produced dirt cheap. Jamieson made them for years and they are GARBAGE.

kcurrin
02-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Sounds worth it.