PDA

View Full Version : exertional headaches

borsco
01-21-2008, 08:28 PM
hey guys, just for the record and to start this out im not a huge body builder as you'll find out in the next few sentences. so i used to work out at home for a long time, i had a lot of mass gain but then i stopped, i recently started going to the YMCA to lift and the first two times i went it was great, i was very sore and noticed a lot of mass gain, the 3rd time i went i noticed that i couldnt do nearly as much weight as i usually could, and every time i lifted i got a terrible headache, since then ive gotten it at varying intensities but still it keeps me from being able to focus. ive noticed it's a lot worse when i do activities that use multiple muscles (bench pressing) versus when i do targeted work outs like bicep curls. ive tried breathing techniques, warming up a lot before i lift, stretching...im really not sure what to do

thanks
-Scott

bjohnso
01-22-2008, 10:04 AM
You should see a doctor. What is your weekly routine like?

razorcut
01-22-2008, 12:02 PM
....i recently started going to the YMCA to lift and the first two times i went it was great, i was very sore and noticed a lot of mass gain....A lot of mass gain after just two workouts? :scratch:

In regards to the headaches....
There have been multiple threads over the last couple years on this very topic. Try searching through them. If you still have questions afterwards, fire away.

borsco
01-22-2008, 01:03 PM
i didnt mean like mass amounts but enough that i could tell there was a difference in size and even though i had put on more mass i wasnt even as strong as i used to be

Nosaj
01-22-2008, 01:13 PM
There are a couple threads on this, one that I've started personally. Read up a bit and ask again if you have any specific questions. To answer the vague question of "what should I do?" I would say, see a doctor and discuss the possibility of an MRI if needed.

borsco
01-22-2008, 06:56 PM
i think i might have figured it out to actually just be plugged up sinuses...im calling my doctor tomorrow anyway....i did some push ups earlier today and i didnt get the headache at all so i dunno...thanks for the responses, fellas