PDA

View Full Version : i need help with my diet

keltoids
01-23-2008, 03:10 AM
hey there.

i am 24 years old. i am 5'5". i weigh 198lbs. i have been lifting for about 4 months. about 4 months ago i was 215lbs. I have been told by my buddies that i am look like i have lost a lot of weight, and that im looking more beefy. My goal is to be 190lbs or less come the end of march when i go home for leave (im currently deployed).

I go to the gym at least 3 times a week. when i lift i lift heavy, with 4 sets of slow controlled reps...about 8-10 reps a set. on days i lift i also try to do 30 minutes of cardio. 10 minutes running, 10 minutes bike, and 10 minutes jump rope. i cant stand doing one area of cardio for longer than 10 min. i get bored too easy. If i miss cardio one night, or on my days off i play basketball for about 2 hours.

My diet is a little hard to control since i have no control what they serve here at the chow hall. i generally eat 3 meals a day. breakfast is usually a bowl of gritz, banana, and couple pieces of fruit.

lunch varies - i try to eat chicken and 2 sides of veggies with a small plain salad with couple slices of cucumber and a teaspoon of ranch

dinner varies - same as lunch

i find it hard to snack in between as im not hungry at all. and i dont know what would constitute as a good snack.

i also drink one protein shake mixed with creatine immediately after lifting.

I have been seeing results. a little bit more definition and my chest and belly have gotten a little bit smaller along with my waist size. ive lost a lot of chub that was in my face.

my overall goal is to get more definition. i have the size. i just have the soft look. my shoulders and upper body are wide and muscular looking. just kinda looks more puffed than firm and defined....thats the best i can describe it. any advice would be appreciated. if you need to know more in depth detail on anything let me know