PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerate or freeze salmon patties?

espn2829
01-25-2008, 09:01 PM
I will likely make salmon patties tomorrow and was wondering if I should refrigerate them or freeze them? Also, do you guys also make them?

I made some today using some onions, one pouch of salmon, crushed crackers, salt and pepper and one whole egg. It turned out to be very good.

I used to grill them in the George Foreman grill but a friend suggested I fry them on the pan. It turns out that they are better on a frying pan than the grill.

Thank you.

BFGUITAR
01-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Depends on how long you want to keep them.

McIrish
01-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Yuck, why waste salmon (a great fatty fish) by frying it? Grill that sucker, it has such high fat content that it should grill really well. No need to add it to a bunch of oil and fry it...

Why not freeze everything you won't eat in under 3 days and just put the rest in the fridge? When you're done eating everything in the fridge, take the frozen ones out the night before and put them in the fridge - they should be good to go by dinner the next night.

espn2829
01-27-2008, 10:10 PM
So by frying them in a pan makes their good content go away? I tried the George Foreman grill but they end up broken and dry and the taste isn't as good as it is on the pan. I got salmon mainly for the protein and the omega-3s are an added bonus. I do not really know much about omega-3s, honestly.

If frying them in a pan does harm the salmon, then maybe I will look into grilling them. But I'm not really frying them that much. I cook them like how I cook an egg basically.