PDA

View Full Version : Something's missing..

Turino
01-26-2008, 10:41 PM
I've been messing around a bit with a shake, and have found something that seems to taste quite nice :) I know it's probably common, but this is just how I worked mine out.

1 cup milk
2 scoops chocolate Nitrean
1 medium banana
1.5-2 tbsp peanut butter

The problem is that it's not thick enough for me when I make it. I've tried messing with the amount of milk and blending time, but haven't had too much success. What can I add to this to make it a bit thicker? Oats? Thanks for the ideas :read:

Oh, and I'm not necessarily looking for something to get alot of calories into my system; I have no problem doing that with solid foods. Just something that has a decent amount of protein/fat and a lower end of carbs.

Built
01-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Grind oats to a powder in a coffee grinder. Blend a few tablespoons of this into your shake with a few ice cubes, or a few chunks of frozen fruit. You can freeze the banana and use that if you like.

BBB
01-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Ice cubes are my remedy.

MrWebb78
01-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Yogurt.

Turino
01-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks guys! I'll go down the list of replies and try each one until I find one that works :)

McIrish
01-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Frozen banana ftw, Turino - just make sure that you cut it up into little pieces BEFORE you throw it in the freezer (the night before), otherwise blending a whole frozen banana is a stretch for most commercial blenders.

Indifference
01-27-2008, 09:48 PM
2nd grinded up oats/oatmeal. definitely gives you that of which you seek!

Turino
01-27-2008, 11:23 PM
McIrish - Thanks for the heads up, haha I just stuck a couple bananas in the freezer an hour ago and I'll go chop them up now. I was thinking I could have chopped them up with a knife before putting them in (I do that anyway with soft bananas) but better to be safe :)

Indifference - Thanks for the 2nd; I'm gonna be blending some oats in there as well, it makes sense to me too :hello:

Bako Lifter
01-28-2008, 01:08 AM
I vote for 10 more tbsps of peanut butter...

zmann69
02-03-2008, 03:44 PM
try blending microwave oatmeal. nuke it first then add to blender along with other goodies and blend. you will need to play with blending times to get the texture you want. i wouldn't suggest yogart, too much sugar and when blended it just turns to liquid. also let the shake set in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes if you can. this will let some of the air out helping with bloating and gas.

kevowamo
02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
try throwing some casein protein in there too, it'll def. thicken it up..plus add some slow digesting protein

T FLEX
02-05-2008, 09:22 PM
...What can I add to this to make it a bit thicker? ...

A scoop of concrete mix will thicken that shake right up. :omg:
A less intense approach that I have found to work is simply to use less milk.