PDA

View Full Version : How many eggs is healthy in a day?

Charlie_1
01-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Hey guys this is my first post and I am starting to get back into lifting and back into shape. But anyway, I was gonna start cutting and im taking the the Muscletech Shredded Stack. The diet plan in the book it has says to eat 8 hard boiled eggs for breakfast. I was just curious to see how healthy this is? Not to mention, this is supposed to be done for 21 straight days. Hope to hear some helpful feedback?

CiteCollegiale
01-26-2008, 11:21 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=55

So basically, if you're healthy with no family history of cholestoral problems you should be okay.

You should post your entire diet maybe we can help. There's no reason to change a good diet plan after only 3 weeks. You shouldn't expect big results in that short period of a time.

Also, there are cheaper supplements than Muscletech that work just as good.

Charlie_1
01-26-2008, 11:25 PM
What do you mean the problem is the "Muscletech?" By the way after the 21 days i do plan to continue with a diet plan. Not to mention i dont expect amazing results from i t in 21 days either. But anything is a start.

CiteCollegiale
01-26-2008, 11:29 PM
There's nothing wrong with Muscletech it's just completely overpriced.

Charlie_1
01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Meal 1
8 Hard boiled eggs
1 cup oatmeal
1 piece of fresh fruit

Meal 2
2 scoops of Nitrotech Hardcore

Meal 3
1 can of tuna
2 potatoes

Meal 4
2 scoops of Nitrotech Hardcore
1 veggie of some sort

Meal 5
2 boneless skinless pieces of chicken
1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 6
2 Scoops of Nitrotech Hardcore
4 stalks of celery

This is pretty much it, however it will vary some with some fish and beef as well.

Charlie_1
01-26-2008, 11:41 PM
What do you recommend thats not as pricey as Muscletech.

CiteCollegiale
01-26-2008, 11:45 PM
What are your stats? Age, weight, height, bodyfat %(approximately).

I'm just gonna take a guess and assume you're trying to gain weight. Maybe cut back on the protein powder and add more foods like cottage cheese, peanut butter, and olive oil. This is a good thread: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

Hope this helps.

Charlie_1
01-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Age-21
Weight-230
Height-6'1"
Bodyfat-16%

CiteCollegiale
01-27-2008, 07:42 AM
But anyway, I was gonna start cutting

I missed this in your first post. I'll tell you what I would do in your place it's up to you if you want to take the advice.

Since you're cutting I wouldn't drink so much protein because it doesn't fill you up and leave you satisfied like whole foods.

I remember reading on this website that you should try and seperate Carbs and Fats from the same meal. So put the oatmeal from meal#1 somewhere else in the day.

I wouldn't eat the fruit. Eat more vegetables like brocolli, spinach, brussel sprouts, asparagus, onions, and peppers.

Remember, lose weight slowly and keep your training sessions short and sweet.

supplementking
01-27-2008, 07:57 AM
I agree with everything Collegiate is saying. Remember dont' lose more than 2 pounds per week. If you do, than your losing valuable muscle as well. Remember, a pound of fat has about 3500 calories, so, you want to burn and eat 7,000 calories less in a 7 day period. How can you accomplish this, well, by calorie reduction and good 30 minute cardio sessions. Divide 7,000 by 7 and you get 1,000 calories per day that need to vanish some how some way. Lets 600 from cardio/and intense weight training and the other 400 from calorie reduction. should look like a pro in about 8 weeks. good luck

The King

supplementking
01-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Hell, what protein powder ain't expensive now.......they have all went through the roof, its ridiculous, im actually better off buying Egg protein again!

cphafner
01-27-2008, 08:17 AM
What do you recommend thats not as pricey as Muscletech.

Where are the veggies (for fiber and vits) and healthy fats?