PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter what kind of jelly is used for PB&J sanwiches?

Blade55
01-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Is worrying about which jelly to use as pointless as obsessing over Natty PB instead of using regular PB?

Two PB&J sanwiches are 1,000 calories which will give me a good boost to further my gains.

deeder
01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
For maximum performance I use ultra berries.

I'd say as long as it fits in with your needs then use whatever you like best :thumbup:

RhodeHouse
01-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Oh my god! Really? Eat your food. I'd like to meet the jackasses that are filling you young guys' heads with all this BS. It's PB and Jelly. It's been good for you for who knows how long. Eat it and stop worrying about things that don't matter. Spend more time lifting and eating and less reading the internet. All it's gonna do is confuse you.

I'm so glad the internet wasn't around when I was beginning my lifting career.

Blade55
01-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Haha, RhodeHouse is great. Believe me, I'm not as bad as the people on here who spend the extra money to buy Natural PB because they think it's so much healthier. If you're using Natty, it should be a matter of taste...not because you read that it's better.

zen
01-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Haha, RhodeHouse is great. Believe me, I'm not as bad as the people on here who spend the extra money to buy Natural PB because they think it's so much healthier. If you're using Natty, it should be a matter of taste...not because you read that it's better.

WTF! Is it some type of monumental effort for you to use your brain for 10 seconds and look at some labels and determine that natty PB is better because it doesn't have hydrogenated oils?
My god, if you don't give a crap about it, fine, but don't rip on people who make the (minor) effort to make a better choice if they are going to buy PB anyway. You make it sound like they made a 3000 mile march just to get natty peanut butter.
I mean, hell, you spend hours per day toiling and grunting over iron and steel, but you can't be arsed to stand in the grocery aisle for 3 freaking seconds and read a label, or google information about what you put into your body???

SDS
01-29-2008, 10:06 AM
:withstupi:

Natty PB has peanuts and salt.......anything more than that isn't required for PB to be PB, it just changes the taste and texture which IMO is unnecessary. Jif, Peter Pan, et al, are more akin to peanut flavored spreads than they are real PB.
As for the jelly, you're always better off without HFCS if you can avoid it, but it ain't gonna kill you.

manowar669
01-29-2008, 10:14 AM
I eat PB and salmon sandwiches (try it), PB and egg, or just plain old PB. Jelly is too sweet for my tastes.

dpdd
01-29-2008, 02:15 PM
What is jelly in america? I know in Ireland Jelly is a desert and cant be put on sandwichs so I presume in America you have a different name for it......

Kind of like your waffles are completly different aswel......

getfit
01-29-2008, 02:26 PM
What is jelly in america? I know in Ireland Jelly is a desert and cant be put on sandwichs so I presume in America you have a different name for it......

Kind of like your waffles are completly different aswel......

Jelly

In the US and Canada, the term jelly refers to a type of clear fruit spread consisting of firmed fruit (or vegetable) juice made with pectin[2]. In British English, these products are commonly referred to by the terms fruit spread or preserves, although jelly is also used in some instances, for example mint jelly. Jelly can be made from sweet, savory or hot ingredients. Jelly is made by a similar process to jam, with the additional step of filtering out the fruit pulp after the initial heating. A cloth "jelly bag" is traditionally used as a filter.

"Good jelly is clear and sparkling and has a fresh flavor of the fruit from which it is made. It is tender enough to quiver when moved, but holds angles when cut.

IronGrip IV
01-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Every day regimen for me, Smuckers squeezable Strawberry Jelly FTMFW!!!

Along with Wonder Bread 100% wheat and Extra Crunchy Jif!!! (toasted of course)!

Blade55
01-29-2008, 03:02 PM
WTF! Is it some type of monumental effort for you to use your brain for 10 seconds and look at some labels and determine that natty PB is better because it doesn't have hydrogenated oils?
My god, if you don't give a crap about it, fine, but don't rip on people who make the (minor) effort to make a better choice if they are going to buy PB anyway. You make it sound like they made a 3000 mile march just to get natty peanut butter.
I mean, hell, you spend hours per day toiling and grunting over iron and steel, but you can't be arsed to stand in the grocery aisle for 3 freaking seconds and read a label, or google information about what you put into your body???

I laughed for like 10 minutes when I read this. Did you pop a vein while typing this?

I used my brain for 10 seconds and searched the forums to read a debate thread over regular PB v.s Natty PB. The difference between the two is so small it doesn't even matter which one you use.

I'd like to meet the jackasses that are filling you young guys' heads with all this BS.

Look above.

zen
01-29-2008, 03:25 PM
I laughed for like 10 minutes when I read this. Did you pop a vein while typing this?

I used my brain for 10 seconds and searched the forums to read a debate thread over regular PB v.s Natty PB. The difference between the two is so small it doesn't even matter which one you use.

If I was angry I would have said so, or emoted it. :hello:
If you don't care what you eat, that's fine by me.
But if your gonna be kewl and try to rip on someone's question, have a leg to stand on.

HahnB
01-29-2008, 03:27 PM
This question is ridiculous.

Blade55
01-29-2008, 03:36 PM
But if your gonna be kewl and try to rip on someone's question, have a leg to stand on.

WTF?

This question is ridiculous.

And yet you opened up the thread....

caseymajor
01-29-2008, 03:49 PM
its funny how all the young guys, like myself included think about everything, etc-"what kinda jelly do you guys use". I always stick with the basic old fashion ways, meat and potatos.
I see a lot of guys at my gym having magz in there hand like Flex, MD, Men's Health and thats where they get there workouts from and everything else like supps. I think the young kids learn to much and start doing the wrong things all the time, and think they are going to be the next Ronnie C. Stick to the basic and you will never go wrong, but try something new every now and then just to see how it works.
Just my 2cents, hope it works

KoolDrew
01-29-2008, 03:59 PM
its funny how all the young guys, like myself included think about everything, etc-"what kinda jelly do you guys use". I always stick with the basic old fashion ways, meat and potatos.
I see a lot of guys at my gym having magz in there hand like Flex, MD, Men's Health and thats where they get there workouts from and everything else like supps. I think the young kids learn to much and start doing the wrong things all the time, and think they are going to be the next Ronnie C. Stick to the basic and you will never go wrong, but try something new every now and then just to see how it works.

Really. When I started I worried about WAY too much. I read a ton of ******ed stuff on the internet and tried to make sure everything was "perfect." Guess what? I made no progress. Once I just went to the gym and lifted heavy and just ate, I made gains. That's why I think people just starting should stick to simple routines and a simple mindset when it comes to dieting. Only adjust when needed.

Worrying about this type of stuff, IMO, is just setting yourself up for failure. Too many people when starting (including myself) think everything has to be perfect, and if everything isn't, they think they failed and won't make any progress. Which often just leads to people giving up. Flexibility is a wonderful thing and most of the time will actually help progress.

BFGUITAR
01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Make sure the jelly contains no more than 3 parts per million of neptunium dioxide. Also make sure your jelly HAS NOT gone through a Drafinian distillation. I cannot stress this enough! Check the label to see if it contains any 1-methyl-3-butyl-4-carbonylacetate. This stuff can promote "gerade" type bacteria in your intestines and liver.

Jelly is some ****ed up ****.

Invain
01-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Jelly is for bitches. Wasted space on your sandwich where more peanut butter could be.

Notorious
01-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Jelly is for bitches. Wasted space on your sandwich where more peanut butter could be.

My thoughts exactly.

Runty
01-29-2008, 06:20 PM
I usually get my natty PB for as cheap or cheaper than regular. Just buy the store brand crap. Roundy's FTW!

BFGUITAR
01-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Jelly takes away the viscous feeling of PB.

RhodeHouse
01-30-2008, 10:49 AM

You got it, man

RhodeHouse
01-30-2008, 10:50 AM

Really. When I started I worried about WAY too much. I read a ton of ******ed stuff on the internet and tried to make sure everything was "perfect." Guess what? I made no progress. Once I just went to the gym and lifted heavy and just ate, I made gains. That's why I think people just starting should stick to simple routines and a simple mindset when it comes to dieting. Only adjust when needed.

Worrying about this type of stuff, IMO, is just setting yourself up for failure. Too many people when starting (including myself) think everything has to be perfect, and if everything isn't, they think they failed and won't make any progress. Which often just leads to people giving up. Flexibility is a wonderful thing and most of the time will actually help progress.

You got it, too

zen
01-30-2008, 11:06 AM
There's a big difference between "worrying" and having an open mind to what you are buying.
I don't understand why this is a black/white issue!

IronGrip IV
01-30-2008, 12:34 PM

Takes too long to slam it down without it though!

Slim Schaedle
01-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Is worrying about which jelly to use as pointless as obsessing over Natty PB instead of using regular PB?

Two PB&J sanwiches are 1,000 calories which will give me a good boost to further my gains.

You talking about different kinds(brands) of jelly, or the question between sugar-free jelly and regular jelly?

Stumprrp
01-31-2008, 11:19 AM
peanut butter and banana is really tasty but very filling, if you make 1 monster one you will need at least 24oz milk to down it, but its a healthy meal.

brihead301
01-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Ya it F***ing matters what kind of Jelly you use. You gotta use Strawberry. Come on now.

bjohnso
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Raspberry.

brihead301
01-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Raspberry.

Don't go there.
:ninja:

John04Civic
01-31-2008, 01:37 PM
peanut butter and banana is really tasty but very filling, if you make 1 monster one you will need at least 24oz milk to down it, but its a healthy meal.
That is one of the greatest meals ever!

zen
01-31-2008, 01:42 PM

I wonder if there is a way to fry that inside elephant ear batter

Invain
01-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Takes too long to slam it down without it though!

Well then, you sir would be in the bitch category.

J/k. Seriously though, I vote for raspberry too.

bjohnso
01-31-2008, 08:00 PM
Don't go there.
:ninja:

Oh, I'm already there, bitch.

LOL! JK!