PDA

View Full Version : History and Background of ALN?

PatheticJoe
01-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Been doing a lot searching on the site and its been cool to see the growth of ALN since the Dec. 2002 announcement I found but I'm still confused a bit on how it works and came together. One thread says that Daniel owns 50% but he's in England (spent 6 years there myself) but Chris seems to have the USA thing goin and I guess owns the other 50%. So who does what and how did you get started? I was thinkin Daniel develops the stuff and Chris is the buisness guy but it seems Chris is doing a lot to develop the Results(TM) stuff. I think this would be cool info especially with all the new folks like myself.

chris mason
01-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Daniel and I met online. We struck up a business partnership in 2002 and have not looked back.

I am heavily involved in product development and Daniel handles the computer related matters for the business.

That is the extreme nutshell version and all I am comfortable sharing for now.

Chris

PatheticJoe
01-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks Chris, I love your products after only my first purchase so keep going strong.

kajeaun
01-28-2008, 11:52 PM
I love this site! Very Addictive with so much information. Products are competative as well. Look forward to a long relationship with WBB & ALN

Joe Black
01-29-2008, 06:19 AM
Pretty much as Chris said :)

We're really proud of what has been built, but don't plan to stop there.Expect many new products and much more building of Atlarge Nutrition awareness in general in 2008!

PatheticJoe, where did you live in England?

PatheticJoe
01-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Daniel, My Dad was stationed at RAF Lakenheath and we lived off base in Eriswell. Great time in my life, we went to the air show in Mildenhall every year, toured Scotland, Ireland, and Wales and we went to London twice every year for school. I'd love to go back but its hard justifying the expense just for nostalgia.

method115
02-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Pretty much as Chris said :)

We're really proud of what has been built, but don't plan to stop there.Expect many new products and much more building of Atlarge Nutrition awareness in general in 2008!

PatheticJoe, where did you live in England?

Seriously I can't even imagine how proud you guys are (just with the forums alone never seen one so informative). Theres nothing like being successful in something you truly have a passion for.

chris mason
02-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Seriously I can't even imagine how proud you guys are (just with the forums alone never seen one so informative). Theres nothing like being successful in something you truly have a passion for.

Thank you! We do our best.

Chris

tyler
02-17-2008, 06:29 PM
need to open a shop in CANADA!!!!

bjohnso
02-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Chris, when am I going to walk into a GNC and see AtLarge products on the shelves?

chris mason
02-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Chris, when am I going to walk into a GNC and see AtLarge products on the shelves?

Good question. Daniel and I have purposely avoided aggressively trying to court such companies and ditributors in order to maintain control of our brand (so we can do what we want in essence).

That said, the time in coming.

Chris

Joe Black
02-18-2008, 01:30 AM
Daniel, My Dad was stationed at RAF Lakenheath and we lived off base in Eriswell. Great time in my life, we went to the air show in Mildenhall every year, toured Scotland, Ireland, and Wales and we went to London twice every year for school. I'd love to go back but its hard justifying the expense just for nostalgia.

wow, RAF Lakenheath is only about 20 mins drive from my house. I actually went clay pidgeon shooting in Lakenheath the other week, it was great fun!

If you ever do come back you should let me know and we'll go for a beer! (erm, protein shake)

Joe Black
02-18-2008, 01:32 AM
and guys, thanks for the kind comments in this thread.

Chris and I are stoked about how things are going and stay commited to build a bigger company and not shift from our core values of providing high quality supplements that really do work!

I expect later this year we will explore how we could get our products available to everyone offline.

Invain
02-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Wow that's crazy, finding your business partner online.

Slim Schaedle
02-18-2008, 07:45 AM
RAF Lakenheath
Nice base.

You ever get over to RAF Alconbury, Molesworth, or Upwood for anything?

I was there for 2 years.

PatheticJoe
02-18-2008, 08:06 AM
wow, RAF Lakenheath is only about 20 mins drive from my house. I actually went clay pidgeon shooting in Lakenheath the other week, it was great fun!

If you ever do come back you should let me know and we'll go for a beer! (erm, protein shake)

Small world, I remember going clay pigeon shooting at a range with my friends dad while we were there, might of been the same place. I hope someday I have the expendable funds to go back, especially since everything still looks the same on Google Earth.

Nice base.

You ever get over to RAF Alconbury, Molesworth, or Upwood for anything?

I was there for 2 years.

Lakenheath was one of the better bases my Dad got stationed at for sure. I remember going to Alconbury for something but not the others, of course my memory is a little rusty.