PDA

View Full Version : Can see my ribs under breast area and mid-chest :(

smad4479
01-30-2008, 09:19 AM
This is literally the only thing that I'm insecure about. In fact, I haven't been to the beach in about six years (and I'm only 21). I'm very much an ectomorph and unfortunately the 'eat more' argument won't work here, as I have a very fast metabolism. I'm eating 4 meals/day as it is (good mix of protein and carbs). I have put on around 5kg in about six months, but it seems that my cap weight is about 60kg at the moment (130 pounds).

In fact, I'm relatively happy with my weight. I also am not that interested in being incredibly muscly. Are there any specific areas for me to get rid of those contours. I know you can't see it that well in the photos, but you can see a general indication of my problem. It seems to look worse the further away you stand from it - the rib outline then really stands out.

Images attached.

smokinHawk
01-30-2008, 09:22 AM
just get some muscle on you , are you posting this again under a different user name?
and you can eat more then your body can burn, everyone can put on weight, but its not like your that lean as your probably about 16% body fat with no muscle.

Guido
01-30-2008, 09:28 AM
You are not going to get "incredibly muscly" magically and not without gaining a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight. Sorry to tell you, but the only way you are not going to see your ribs is to EAT MORE. Contrary to what you might believe, yoiu are not some special freak of nature with some crazy metabolism that does not allow you to gain weight. You may think you are eating enough, but I can almost 100% guarantee you that you are not.

Go to www.fitday.com. Track what you eat and it will show you exactly how many calories per day you are eating, and how many you are burning based on your current weight and activity levels (your basal metabolic weight).

Don't think I havent been there before, either, buddy. I was at 140lbs for over 9 years before I made a conscious effort to get bigger, and it involved a whole lot of heavy lifting and a whole lot of heavy eating. Once I was dedicated to the goal, the pounds were added rather quickly, to the tune of 50lbs gained in about 7 months. You won't even need to do anything that extreme to make yourself look 1,000x better.

smad4479
01-30-2008, 09:29 AM
what do you mean? im a new member. was there a similar request? if so, could you link me to the thread?

Actually my stats according to a test i took are:

Height: 178cm = 5"10'
Weight = 59.8kg = ~130pounds
Muscle mass = 48kg
Body Fat mass = 9.5kg
Percent body fat = 15.8 (you were very close :p)

if i eat more than i can burn im going to spend too much time on the toilet, and I work full time.

So there's no way to get rid of those embarassingly visible ribs by virtue of working out specific parts of my body? I've recently gone back into working out (used to only do biceps, and even the tiny biceps i have took a lot of effort).

Guido
01-30-2008, 09:32 AM
You are 5'10 and 130 lbs. OF COURSE your ribs are visible. Really, your only solution is to gain weight, which would be highly advisable considering your stats.

smad4479
01-30-2008, 09:37 AM
You are not going to get "incredibly muscly" magically and not without gaining a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight. Sorry to tell you, but the only way you are not going to see your ribs is to EAT MORE. Contrary to what you might believe, yoiu are not some special freak of nature with some crazy metabolism that does not allow you to gain weight. You may think you are eating enough, but I can almost 100% guarantee you that you are not.

Go to . Track what you eat and it will show you exactly how many calories per day you are eating, and how many you are burning based on your current weight and activity levels (your basal metabolic weight).

Don't think I havent been there before, either, buddy. I was at 140lbs for over 9 years before I made a conscious effort to get bigger, and it involved a whole lot of heavy lifting and a whole lot of heavy eating. Once I was dedicated to the goal, the pounds were added rather quickly, to the tune of 50lbs gained in about 7 months. You won't even need to do anything that extreme to make yourself look 1,000x better.
oh i'm sure i could gain more weight (even though it took me sooo long to hit close to 60kg). Getting from 50-55 was also a massive effort: I had to drink lots of protein shakes, eat 4+ meals/day, etc., and also work out.

The problem now is that I don't have that much time to do this stuff. I would be in at work at 9am and finish after 6. My diet whilst at work is simply breakfast, a lunch at 12pm, and then a meal at around 6, then a final one around 10.

Ultimately, those contours have remained for many years despite gaining weight (albeit not to as much weight as the majority of you guys). I've seen numerous guys close to my age, weight and height without those over-visible ribs. Guess it also has a lot to do with bone structure.

smad4479
01-30-2008, 09:39 AM
You are 5'10 and 130 lbs. OF COURSE your ribs are visible. Really, your only solution is to gain weight, which would be highly advisable considering your stats.

so no amount of working out will help more than eating more? considering i cant eat more, practically speaking, looks like i'm stuck.

smad4479
01-30-2008, 09:43 AM

oh and i just realised that 140lbs = 63kg, which is a decent weight in my books. Quite a few of my mates are around that weight, and look absolutely fine.
I mean, I was 110 pounds not too long ago.

Brad263
01-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Dude you are bones. Of course you can see your ribs. And lots of people have high metabolisms so you can't use that excuse. I have to add like 1000 calories to my diet to make any progress. I work 9-5 and go to class from 6-10 and I get in enough calories so you can't use that excuse either. Make shakes they are your best friend. You can take some peanut butter and milk and protein and blend it and get 500 calories at least out of it, you can also do milk yogurt and protein and get around 500 there too. Make one for between breakfast and lunch and one for between lunch and dinner. and it will start adding weight. I doubt very highly someone isn't going to let you drink a milk shake at work, they cant' deny you water right then why deny you a smoothie?? People drink them in class you can drink it walking down the street or driving so time should not be a problem.

Go into the recipe section and some advice I haven't seen there is get some 20 oz gatoraide bottles and use them to put the shakes in, they are perfect size and the big mouth makes pouring very easy as well as cleaning.

nhlfan
01-30-2008, 09:46 AM
you won't gain weight without eating more, and you refuse to eat more.

I'm having trouble figuring out what this thread is about, other than to maybe post up a few excuses.

having trouble gaining weight? only drink milk from now on, and carry a sizeable bag of cashews with you at all times to munch on.

kevowamo
01-30-2008, 09:48 AM
if you're going to make "time" excuses..dont ask questions. You cant just get rid of those rib issues by doing one particular thing. given when you say you eat (4 times), you have the "time" to eat. maybe add one snack at work and simply eat as much as you possibly can. and as rediculously clear cut as it sounds..eat heavy, lift heavy. its that simple. sorry to say it man but dont worry about those ribs..worry about those arms, that chest, and those shoulders of yours!

leetuck
01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
You can train as much as you want but it will do you no good unless your diet is right. Have you actually tracked how many calories you are actually consuming per day? If so, how many are you eating?

By the way, theres nothing wrong with your ribs.

smokinHawk
01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
what do you mean? im a new member. was there a similar request? if so, could you link me to the thread?

Actually my stats according to a test i took are:

Height: 178cm = 5"10'
Weight = 59.8kg = ~130pounds
Muscle mass = 48kg
Body Fat mass = 9.5kg
Percent body fat = 15.8 (you were very close :p)

if i eat more than i can burn im going to spend too much time on the toilet, and I work full time.

So there's no way to get rid of those embarassingly visible ribs by virtue of working out specific parts of my body? I've recently gone back into working out (used to only do biceps, and even the tiny biceps i have took a lot of effort).
a few threads down
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=106636
similar problem.

i went to 161-178 in about 3 months (and probably only 1% more body fat), just by eating a little bit more on each meal (3 maybe 4 meals at most) I work a full time job.
try some baconators, quadstackers etc. high calorie high protein foods
but you have to lift hard or youll just put allot of fat on.

benchpressing and developing your chest will hide your rip cage i guess, but i think you look normal.

smad4479
01-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Dude you are bones. Of course you can see your ribs. And lots of people have high metabolisms so you can't use that excuse. I have to add like 1000 calories to my diet to make any progress. I work 9-5 and go to class from 6-10 and I get in enough calories so you can't use that excuse either. Make shakes they are your best friend. You can take some peanut butter and milk and protein and blend it and get 500 calories at least out of it, you can also do milk yogurt and protein and get around 500 there too. Make one for between breakfast and lunch and one for between lunch and dinner. and it will start adding weight. I doubt very highly someone isn't going to let you drink a milk shake at work, they cant' deny you water right then why deny you a smoothie?? People drink them in class you can drink it walking down the street or driving so time should not be a problem.

Go into the recipe section and some advice I haven't seen there is get some 20 oz gatoraide bottles and use them to put the shakes in, they are perfect size and the big mouth makes pouring very easy as well as cleaning.
Of course I can drink a milk shake at work. Your advice helps, but don't you get a lot of gas. I found that as i was increasing my protein intake, I would fart a lot.

if you're going to make "time" excuses..dont ask questions. You cant just get rid of those rib issues by doing one particular thing. given when you say you eat (4 times), you have the "time" to eat. maybe add one snack at work and simply eat as much as you possibly can. and as rediculously clear cut as it sounds..eat heavy, lift heavy. its that simple. sorry to say it man but dont worry about those ribs..worry about those arms, that chest, and those shoulders of yours!
Lift heavy in what way? I think people are asserting that I want to get 'beefcake', which I really don't. I in no way want to be a power lifter. I also in no way want to look buff. I simply want to not feel embarassed to go to the beach.

The reason I asked my questions was because I assumed that I could do specific exercises: e.g. if i built up my pecs, my skin would naturally pull up in that area, my nipples would go up, and the ribcage problems underneath my breast would go away (for example, if i pull my nipples up with my fingers, you cant really see the rib definition). Guess I was wrong.

Overall from your response, it seems like i certainly posted on the wrong forum. I'm not trying to look like the guy in the ads on this site, in the top-right corner. Again, I'm not trying to be huge, I'm comfortable with my muscles and have never had any trouble with getting women or getting into fights.

smad4479
01-30-2008, 09:57 AM
You can train as much as you want but it will do you no good unless your diet is right. Have you actually tracked how many calories you are actually consuming per day? If so, how many are you eating?

By the way, theres nothing wrong with your ribs.
i think it's difficult to see with that lighting and from a close distance - i'll try and take some better photos when it's lgiht here.

i havent actually tracked the number of calories i consume - it's quite difficult here (I'm currently living in Singapore and I always eat take-away foods since it's so cheap and great quality). It'd be difficult to figure out how much noodles, prawns, etc are in a dish for lunch, or what the composition of a meal at dinner is when it's called 'hor fun'

RickTheDestroyer
01-30-2008, 10:03 AM
The word "breast" in the title was some extremely disappointing false advertising.
You just need to eat more, plain and simple. Skinny dudes always think two things- 1. that their metabolism is abnormally super high and unique (which it's not), and 2. that they already eat a lot (which they don't). Stop crying and put more food in your belly.

smad4479
01-30-2008, 10:06 AM
but i can't help crying. i'm emo :(

NC - good state. went to school at UNC for a semester.

kevowamo
01-30-2008, 10:10 AM
i said lift heavy in that if you dont strive to lift heavy weights, you wont gain any weight (bc youre skinny/high metabolism/whatever). i dont want to be a bodybuilder, but i lift heavy because i too was/am thinner than most and to gain lean muscle mass (which will erase your 'rib' worries) you have to lift heavy

Brad263
01-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Of course I can drink a milk shake at work. Your advice helps, but don't you get a lot of gas. I found that as i was increasing my protein intake, I would fart a lot.

Lift heavy in what way? I think people are asserting that I want to get 'beefcake', which I really don't. I in no way want to be a power lifter. I also in no way want to look buff. I simply want to not feel embarassed to go to the beach.

The reason I asked my questions was because I assumed that I could do specific exercises: e.g. if i built up my pecs, my skin would naturally pull up in that area, my nipples would go up, and the ribcage problems underneath my breast would go away (for example, if i pull my nipples up with my fingers, you cant really see the rib definition). Guess I was wrong.

Overall from your response, it seems like i certainly posted on the wrong forum. I'm not trying to look like the guy in the ads on this site, in the top-right corner. Again, I'm not trying to be huge, I'm comfortable with my muscles and have never had any trouble with getting women or getting into fights.

The stomach issues may just be the increase in fat from the milk if you don't drink a lot already. I know I got it when I went from 2% to whole. It went away after a couple weeks. If it becomes to hard cut down on the fat of the milk like if you are drinking whole go to 2% or 2% to skim but the more fat in the milk the better its going to be to help you gain the weight. Also make sure you are eating a good diet other then just the protein. Eat greens and switch to wheat bread for more fiber. I find the more fiber I eat the more regular my stomach is. if it gets really bad Fiber 1 cereal it may taste very boring but it fixes the stomach issues same day.

You won't get beef cake you won't get buff you won't get any of those things without lots of hard work. A bodybuilder body doesn't come for a long time, so adding some weight to hide your ribs won't make you look buff it will just make you look more average build and less skinny build. But if you lift weights while you eat more it will help prevent getting a gut or man boobs or flabby arms. And as long as you don't just up and decide to be a bodybuilder one day you never will become one by accident. I sure wish I could accidently become buff and huge. It takes hard work and a long time to be buff and huge I doubt very highly you will become buff any time soon.

KoolDrew
01-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Lift heavy in what way? I think people are asserting that I want to get 'beefcake', which I really don't. I in no way want to be a power lifter. I also in no way want to look buff.

And you think you're going to look "buff" by accident?

To build up your pecs, you'd need to eat more.

You don't have time to eat? You're afraid you're going to be taking a **** more often and have more gas? WTF is this? Stop making excuses and just ****ing eat.

BFGUITAR
01-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Eat more fat. Its easy calories and its good for you. All this time your saying your eating carbs+protein. Its very very hard to get enough calories on just this. Add fat to everything.

arnoldsclone
01-30-2008, 11:38 AM
This is literally the only thing that I'm insecure about. In fact, I haven't been to the beach in about six years (and I'm only 21). I'm very much an ectomorph and unfortunately the 'eat more' argument won't work here, as I have a very fast metabolism. I'm eating 4 meals/day as it is (good mix of protein and carbs). I have put on around 5kg in about six months, but it seems that my cap weight is about 60kg at the moment (130 pounds).

In fact, I'm relatively happy with my weight. I also am not that interested in being incredibly muscly. Are there any specific areas for me to get rid of those contours. I know you can't see it that well in the photos, but you can see a general indication of my problem. It seems to look worse the further away you stand from it - the rib outline then really stands out.

Images attached.

Here Is my RX for you. Start eating 10 eggs a day, start eating 2 cans of tuna a day, 1 on each sandwich, and start having 2 45-50 gram protein shakes daily, and on top of that have a GOOD dinner with a minumum of 500 calories and 50 grams protein (ie good sized chicken brest, or a steak, or some fish). this is all added up to 250 or so grams of protein daily, if you ate all of this you WILL GAIN WEIGHT AND YOUR RIBS WILL HIDE THEMSELVES:indian:

deeder
01-30-2008, 11:50 AM
I think the OP is a troll.

Who comes on a bodybuilding forum asking how to hide his ribs (because he weighs as much as a 10 year old) then says he doesn't want to gain weight, just hide his ribs?

arnoldsclone
01-30-2008, 11:55 AM
I think the OP is a troll.

Who comes on a bodybuilding forum asking how to hide his ribs (because he weighs as much as a 10 year old) then says he doesn't want to gain weight, just hide his ribs?

on some real ish it's rediculous how people think you gain weight (I'm talking about the newbies who plague the forum with hilarious q's) , they think you can will it to be if you lift without a change in diet, or by adding a pbj to their current diet, or that if they get full 3 times a day it's all the they can eat............EAT TILL IT HURTS!!!! TO GROW YOU NEED TO CHANGE SOME THINGS SPECIFICALLY YOUR DIET!!!!

Indifference
01-30-2008, 03:54 PM
somebody close this thread.

Runty
01-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Seriously.. "I'm on wannabebig but in no way do I wannabebig." Fail.

smad4479
01-30-2008, 05:56 PM
i said lift heavy in that if you dont strive to lift heavy weights, you wont gain any weight (bc youre skinny/high metabolism/whatever). i dont want to be a bodybuilder, but i lift heavy because i too was/am thinner than most and to gain lean muscle mass (which will erase your 'rib' worries) you have to lift heavy

what is heavy, though? I'm using dumbells atm, as that's all the gym downstairs has. What would be a good weight for someone of my body build to lift? So should I be going for a small number of reps, but high number of sets?

And you think you're going to look "buff" by accident?

To build up your pecs, you'd need to eat more.

You don't have time to eat? You're afraid you're going to be taking a **** more often and have more gas? WTF is this? Stop making excuses and just ****ing eat.
No, not by accident. But a lot of people seem to assume that my goals are to be a bodybuilder rather than make a minor improvement.

As for eating, as I said, I do eat quite a bit - if I eat more, I do get bad gas. I wouldn't want to sit in my office farting all day. Hell, I had a lot of fun at school drinking my protein shakes. I'd fart a few times an hour. On the eating thing, I eat a lot more than my friends who would way over 150lbs, even.

Which also explains the 'eat more' problems. I'm very skinny, even though I do eat more than the average person who weighs a lot more than me. Hell, I'm currently living with two guys: one very buff (weighing about 176lbs) and another who weighs about 230lbs. The 230lb guy certainly eats a lot more than me. However, the 176lb guy eats a lot less, and has always eaten less than me. He can eat 2 meals a day and still maintain his weight and muscular structure. Meanwhile, I'm trying to eat 4/day here, and haven't noticed that much change (although I think in a month, I may gain a few pounds due to the fatty food I eat here [staying 2 months here]).

Eat more fat. Its easy calories and its good for you. All this time your saying your eating carbs+protein. Its very very hard to get enough calories on just this. Add fat to everything.

I'm actually eating a bit too much fat. It's hard not to in Singapore - everything is deliciously greasy.

smad4479
01-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Seriously.. "I'm on wannabebig but in no way do I wannabebig." Fail.
Pass. I assume that weightlifters may have had some good tips for skinny guys like me. Some shortcuts if you may.

Altephor
01-30-2008, 06:36 PM
As for eating, as I said, I do eat quite a bit

No, you don't.

berfles
01-30-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm 5'10 170lbs and you can still see my ribs at some places a little bit. You're doomed, get plastic surgery and hook up with a drug addict.

WBBIRL
01-30-2008, 08:20 PM
I hate you for your metabolism... but the battle is the same for you as it is for me. I have a slow metabolism and a hunger that is out of this world.

Gotta pay the cost to be the boss.

fuzzbecool219
01-30-2008, 11:16 PM
If u want the ribs 2 go eat BK :)

smad4479
01-31-2008, 04:01 AM
I'm 5'10 170lbs and you can still see my ribs at some places a little bit. You're doomed, get plastic surgery and hook up with a drug addict.

Or I could sell my ribs to a Chili's. I hear they make good ribs.

If u want the ribs 2 go eat BK :)
Dude, I tried KFC for a month :S At least 5 times/week

BFGUITAR
01-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Well than you werent eating enough KFC.

Track your calories for a week and post what youve got here. We can make the descision.

Hatred
01-31-2008, 01:04 PM
The "Eat more argument won't work?"

That's like saying....

Yup.. in that room Gravity just doesn't exist.

Or.
If you get into THIS tub of water you displace only half of your volume....

arnoldsclone
01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
The "Eat more argument won't work?"

That's like saying....

Yup.. in that room Gravity just doesn't exist.

Or.
If you get into THIS tub of water you displace only half of your volume....

I like these examples, you can't argue with em'

smad4479
02-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Well than you werent eating enough KFC.

Track your calories for a week and post what youve got here. We can make the descision.

how do i track my calories if i only eat takeaway food each day, which doesn't provide the calorie values.

WBBIRL
02-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Why are you only eating takeout? Your not getting enough protein in fast food and way too many carbs. You do NOT want to blow up like a big fluffy balloon trust me.

Start cooking ahead of time and take food with you, lots of people do it so buckle down and pay the cost.

BFGUITAR
02-01-2008, 11:24 PM
For fast food its easy... go on the internet and they have all the information there.

VikingWarlord
02-02-2008, 07:05 AM
No, not by accident. But a lot of people seem to assume that my goals are to be a bodybuilder rather than make a minor improvement.

Hey, guess what? By eating a lot and lifting weights, you're building your body, numbnuts.

You ever think there's a reason that everyone here's giving the same advice? All this time you're spending telling us why you don't have time to eat should be spent eating. Unless you're typing with one hand and eating a jar of peanut butter with the other, zip it.

QuadzillaRF
02-02-2008, 11:33 PM
3 words.

Eat, Fart, Grow.

I fart a lot in my cubicle and hide it with a well timed insidious cough or sneeze. Maybe a fart routine for starters as flatulence in public seems to be your demise. Warm up with some squeakies and finish off with some beefy farts with a 2 minute rest between each set.

smad4479
02-03-2008, 06:41 AM
For fast food its easy... go on the internet and they have all the information there.

Why are you only eating takeout? Your not getting enough protein in fast food and way too many carbs. You do NOT want to blow up like a big fluffy balloon trust me.

Start cooking ahead of time and take food with you, lots of people do it so buckle down and pay the cost.
since when is takeout always 'fast food'? you can get lots of proper food takeaway. I'm in Singapore and it's unrealistic to cook for yourself - too expensive and time consuming, when I can go downstairs to a hawker centre and get a Nasi Lemak (which is rice + peanuts + chili + fish) for $3.

Hey, guess what? By eating a lot and lifting weights, you're building your body, numbnuts.

You ever think there's a reason that everyone here's giving the same advice? All this time you're spending telling us why you don't have time to eat should be spent eating. Unless you're typing with one hand and eating a jar of peanut butter with the other, zip it.
Oh wow, so now we're talking semantics. So a person who lifts a weight is automatically a weightlifter? We tend to associate the term body builder as someone who does so professionally, or religiously: wants to be ginormous.

And I understand that's what everyone's advice is, I'm just saying that I am eating to my capacity (well, to the point of not leaving myself in discomfort). I expected to be given advice about some lifting exercise I could use, and didn't expect an answer about more food, for those specific areas. I am trying to gain weight through food, generally, but I'm not willing to push myself with eating any more: I'd be happy to gain 5kg in the next 6 months, and wouldn't want to go over 65kg.

3 words.

Eat, Fart, Grow.

I fart a lot in my cubicle and hide it with a well timed insidious cough or sneeze. Maybe a fart routine for starters as flatulence in public seems to be your demise. Warm up with some squeakies and finish off with some beefy farts with a 2 minute rest between each set.
My organisation doesn't have cubicles. It's very collaborative. Collaborative to the point where we'd bask in the glory of my farts if I let one rip.

QuadzillaRF
02-03-2008, 08:28 AM
I sense a forum troll. From your first post, you sound really metro sexual. This is my last post because you obviously are stuck in your ways about weight gain and backing your facts with your lame excuses. I really would like to help but feel like I'm talking on deaf ears. Deal with extra gas and fart outside. IMO, farting while working builds character. And if smell is factor, light a match.

Reason I'm responding is I "used" to think just like you when I started training. You sound just like my training partner and he has the same physique as you. As a n00b, I lifted heavy and ate light. All I did was maintain and didn't see any results. Years ago a friend, who now competes in national bodybuilding shows, said get on the "Seefood Diet" ( you see it. you eat it diet.) and you will make tremendous gains. Diet is 80% of the game in body transformation. I also felt discomfort in eating large portions but didn't let a little discomfort and gas hinder my gains. Farting when doing heavy deep squats was the norm for me. It really is a good way to ward off curl jockies asking questions about bicep exercises. I gained 20 pounds of quality muscle in 3 months and little of it was fat. All my coworkers and family thought I was on drugs and took this as a compliment / insult.

You and many others are the reason the weight loss / weight gain industry is making billions because you do not understand this simple concept: Calories in versus Calories out. You eat more calories than you burn you gain weight. You eat less calories than you burn, you lose weight. If you want to get big, you have to eat big. You want to be small, you eat small. You eat 4x a day? You should eat 8x a day of clean food. Obviously, you will not gain quality weight eating 3 boxes of Cheezits like my training partner does, but he's stubborn and I accept that as he is my friend and coworker. He questions why I eat a huge chicken breast, potato, and broccoli 4x a day at work. I eat while I work!! Food on the left hand, right hand on the key board. I'm gaining muscle, he is not. To me, it sounds like you don't wannabebig. You wanna maintain. Either talk to a nutritionist about a good bulk diet and learn about dieting or talk to a plastic surgeon about your rib problem.

SDS
02-03-2008, 11:00 AM
He's eating plenty.

Do some wrist curls and tricep kickbacks with those dumb bells and you're ribs will be hidden in a couple weeks.