PDA

View Full Version : rtrose's Bulking Journal!

rtrose
01-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Last semester I bulked up from 5'8 and 124 lbs to 153 lbs. Over Christmas break I didn't keep with the routine, and didn't have much available at home to work with. I weighed in today at 146 lbs. I think I mostly lost fat.
I hired a student trainer here at school to help me bulk untill May.
I will be lifting MWF
Here are my workouts so far:

Workout A Sets reps
Squat 3 10-12
SL Mach. Press 3 8
SL Calf-Raise/ 3 8
Hip Flexion Mach.
BB Flat Bench 3 8
Wide Lat Pull 3 8
DB SHLD. Press/ 3 8
DB Horz. SHLD. Raise 3 8
Rope Splits 3 8
Hammer Curls 3 8
Ab. Machine 3 8

Worhout B
Ball-Squats 3 10-12
Lunges 3 8
Laying Leg Curl 3 8
DB Inc. Press 3 8
3-way seated row 3 8
Rear Delt Mach./ 3 8
SA Cable Pushdown
Front SHLD. Raise 3 8
Bicep Curl Mach./ 3 8
DB SA Curl
Front Planks- 2 sets for 45 seconds

rtrose
01-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Continued:

Workout C
DB Deadlift 3 10
Inc. Leg Press 3 8
SL Knee Ext. 3 8
Seated Leg Curl 3 8
Front-Pull Down 3 8
Chest Fly/ Seated Mach. Press 3 8
Tricep Mach/ SA Cable Pushdown 3 8
Cable-bar Curls 3 8
Floor Abs

Workout D
SL Press 3 10
Lunges 3 8
Mach. Calf Raise 3 8
Cable Hip Abd. 3 8
DB Flat Press/ Push Ups 3 8
Close grip Lat Pull/ Aided Pull Ups 3 8
Mach. SHLD Press 3 8
Front SHLD Raise 3 8
DB Bicep Curl 3 8

Workout E
Ball-Squats 3 10-12
Lunges 3 8
Laying Leg Curl 3 8
DB Inc. Press 3 8
3-way Seated Row 3 8
Rear Delt. Mach./ SA Cable Pushdown 3 8
Horz. SHLD Raise 3 8
Bicep Curl Mach/ DB SA Curl 3 8
Front Planks- 2 sets for 45 seconds

rtrose
01-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Key
/- Superset
SL- Single Leg Exercise
SA- Single Arm Exercise
BB- Barbell lift
DB- Dumbbell lift
Inc.- Incline lift

rtrose
02-16-2008, 07:38 PM
I am starting a new program on Monday, since I have already been thru this one. I am also going to experiment with weight gainers for about 2 weeks to see what results I get...

rtrose
03-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Diet:
I am going to try the Bako shake for a month and see how that does.

I am also cutting fettucini and soda from my diet. We'll see how that does for a month

rtrose
03-26-2008, 01:48 PM
So, I have gone from skinny to skinnyfat... So here is my game plan to fix that a little.

Diet:
-More protein, less carbs
-Cut any soda and replace it with an overload of water
-Drink around 2 cups of a Bako shake for breakfast, and another 2 cups after a workout.
-Any other suppliment will be a whey protein shake.
-Back off of the family's southern fried foods.
-Any milk I put in any shake will be skim.

Workout:
-Change to a split workout, working one muscle group a workout instead of hitting each one lightly every workout.
-Adding some cardio for the next two weeks.
-Higher reps.
-Higher intensity per workout.

Fat prevention:
-Measure my bodyfat percentage every week along with my weight to make sure I am adding muscle and losing body fat.

Basically, I am a newbie at all this. September was the first time I really started to lift and bulk. I have never had a good grasp on any kind health/athletic subject. My two biggest mistakes were not paying attention to what I ate/ paying too much attention to making the numbers go up on the scale.

I have gained a significant amount of muscle mass, but all the fat in my gut throw the proportion off and makes me look skinny with a large gut. However, I am awesome at loosing weight. If you have ever seen my before pictures you would know that! I literally have to force feed myself, and I can go all day on one meal and not think twice about it.

I am down to around 157 lbs from 159 on my last picture. My pants etc. already feel looser than they were. So, I think I this should work in a relatively short amount of time. I know my chest, arms and legs are alot thicker than they had been, so this will hopefully do justice to all the training I have put in so far.:)

rtrose
03-26-2008, 02:12 PM
When I started on September 24, 2007 my goal was very simple...
PUT ON AS MUCH WEIGHT AND SIZE OVER THE SCHOOL YEAR AS POSSIBLE!

I was only eating 1-2 meals a day, and I only ever drank water.
I upped that to 5 meals a day, with a protein shake about 3 times a day.
I also added pepsi to my diet. Laugh, but I wanted to gain some fat to fill out my sunken in face.

Unfortunately all the fat has gone to my gut and butt, leaving my arms and legs somewhat defined still.

Fortunately I don't like stuffing my face and I don't really care for soda, so cutting back on those things will be a relief. As sick as it sounds, I am trying to get back to urinating clear again. I actually think that will help a ton...

rtrose
05-01-2008, 12:37 PM
So far I am still at around 156 lbs, but noticing alot less fat and alot more muscle. I added branch chain amino acids and realized I wasn't taking as much creatine as you are supposed to. Along with way more water/ protein and way less carbs I am very pleased in the direction this is going!

rtrose
10-27-2008, 05:38 PM
In moving to Georgia from Indiana, I started up alot of my lazy habits like no sleep, no food, no workouts and lost alot of weight. BUT I found this gym thats owned and run by a 1950s 1960s bodybuilder. His name is Howard Cohen. Its a pretty cool place... it has all kinds of black and white photos of bodybuilding champions that he trained.
Here are a few links I found about him...
http://www.classicbodybuilders.com/bodybuilder/howardcohen1.jpg
http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/nge/Multimedia.jsp?id=m-8091
http://www.beaverfelton.com/Weightlifter.asp

I think its all pretty cool. I refuse to go to a chain owned gym, when there are really cool local gyms like this.