PDA

View Full Version : Question about my PW Shake.

FREAKZILLA
01-30-2008, 04:46 PM
After every weight workout I down a PW Shake. Now, I am lost as to when it is best for me to drink it. Immedietly after my weight routine I jump on the tread for 20 minutes, and then I drink my shake. Should I be downing it before I get on the tread, or am I doing it right the current way?

My goal is fat loss, so I worried that drinking the cals from the shake before I did the tread would hurt my fat bruning.

Bako Lifter
01-31-2008, 12:13 AM
What you're doing is fine.

Lones Green
01-31-2008, 09:19 AM
you're over thinking it. drink it within about an hour after your workout.

ddegroff
01-31-2008, 12:23 PM
As long as your at a caloric deficit it doesn't really matter.

Shake after the cardio session is fine.

blackmetal
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I was wondering about that too.

I've read that unlike carbs, your body does not store protein, and if you intake a certain amount of protein (based on your height, weight, body composition) in one sitting, your body can't digest it all.

To act on that knowledge I have a quarter of my protein shake immediately before a workout; half of it immediately after; and then after I shower and leave the gym I drink the remaining quarter.

BFGUITAR
02-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Your body will digest it all (unless you eat godly amounts of protein). Weve got ancient bodies in a new world. People would often go a week without a substantial meal back in the day. When they do eat, they go mad and can eat upwards of 200 grams of protein from one meal (an animal?) or more (including a lot of fat). Sure, it will take more time but our body always thinks ahead and will take everything it can get at all times (hence the fat world).

Unreal
02-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I was wondering about that too.

I've read that unlike carbs, your body does not store protein, and if you intake a certain amount of protein (based on your height, weight, body composition) in one sitting, your body can't digest it all.

To act on that knowledge I have a quarter of my protein shake immediately before a workout; half of it immediately after; and then after I shower and leave the gym I drink the remaining quarter.

It takes hours for the protein to be digested. Your body will have a steady stream of amino acids from the protein for hours after ingesting. No need to do anything like this.