PDA

View Full Version : Little help please

cjones5632
02-01-2008, 07:48 PM
I need a little help with my diet. Well maybe a lot of help. I'm 6'3" 215-220lbs and 33(if that matters). I'm trying to cut and figured myself to be moderatly active. So I calculated 2500 Cals.
Here is what I ate today.

7:30 Breakfast-3 egg omelet with bell peppers, Jalapenos, rice and cheese.

9:00 Workout NROL FL III

10:30ish- Opticen shake

12:30 Lunch- 5oz Sirloin and Broccoli

3o Snack- .5 cup almonds

6:30 Diner- 5oz Sirloin, 2 scrambled eggs again with onion and bell peppers.

9o Bedtime snack- Nitrean Shake and .5 cup cottage cheese

10:00 Bedtime

I also had 3g fish oil and 1 MV

2346 Cals 115 Fat 87 Carb 245 Protein

Klotz
02-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Lots of good stuff in there. Not sure what the supplements do but you probably do. If you haven't already read as much as you can by John Berardi.

McIrish
02-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Speaking strictly on diet, it looks decent to me... could use a little more fiber, but then again I say that every time I read someone's diet on here so it's more of a gut-check reaction to this type of post than it is to your diet.

I'd like to see some more veggies on here (I like the peppers, though, as those are solid in nutritional terms) - specifically, get thee some more cruciferous/leafy greens. Can't go wrong with a bowl o' spinach plus olive oil for dressing. Hell, put in some cut pears/chopped walnuts/bleu cheese crumbles and you have a gourmet salad. Bam, that simple.

Do your shakes have oats? I like oats for fiber.

Alright, back to general diet stuff - you said you're cutting, so I'm assuming that you're expending more calories than you are taking in. About how many are you consuming each day? I'd completely eyeball what you wrote there somewhere in the 2000-2500 range. Are you losing weight eating this every day? Are you working out like a banshee in the gym? Are your lifts staying relatively constant while your body-fat percentage is dropping slowly?

Give us some more info here and congrats on makin the first step to changing your physique.

Invain
02-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Definitely looks healthy. Maybe throw in some fruit? Eat your cottage cheese with peaches or something.

I wish I could eat Sirloin's twice a day :(

cjones5632
02-03-2008, 08:55 AM
I wish I could eat sirloin everyday too. My wife was gone that day and she doesn't eat red meat. It is usually chicken, tuna or fish. If I didn't have the rice in omelet it would have been oatmeal and boiled eggs. I agree with the more veggies. Again, if the wife was home there would have been more, she is a veggie freak.
Thanks for the help.

kcurrin
02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, sounds like a pretty good plan.