PDA

View Full Version : Update on bulk!

Morox
02-04-2008, 04:46 PM
The weight differences are rounded off. All three are the approximate weight...

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8227/updateva9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I don't know if I should be pleased with the results so far or not? It seems like a lot or most of the weight I am gaining is just sitting in my gut. I plan on going up to 190 and then cutting down to about 175 or so.

By the way, I am 5'8".

Detard
02-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Lookin solid bro. Shoulders seem to be lagging a little. Nice bulk though. You should definitely be pleased with the results. Keep going to 200!

fpr
02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
looks like a lot of fat gain to me... maybe slow it down a bit?

BFGUITAR
02-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I really dont see that much fat gain...

Lookin good!

maxiscool
02-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Arms def got bigger

Detard
02-04-2008, 08:34 PM
looks like a lot of fat gain to me... maybe slow it down a bit?

:confused:

WBBIRL
02-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Well... those pictures don't do you much justice. Try taking them in a background with objects that remain the same... IE dresser or a book or something... how about in your room. That way you have a relative judge of size and since the background is static you have a very good overall judge of progress. It doesn't look to me like you've added 20 pounds of mass. It could be the pictures though.

Morox
02-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Well... those pictures don't do you much justice. Try taking them in a background with objects that remain the same... IE dresser or a book or something... how about in your room. That way you have a relative judge of size and since the background is static you have a very good overall judge of progress. It doesn't look to me like you've added 20 pounds of mass. It could be the pictures though.

The last two are in the same place... Give or take a few inches apart from the mirror though...

WBBIRL
02-04-2008, 09:14 PM
But theres nothing in the picture to give any idea of size... just yourself. Its image trickery... trust me use a different background (static one) with a few different objects. I'd say take them in front of a door (stand close to it) and that would be a much better backdrop.. give a lot more perception of size.

andrewnp
02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
you got a little fat, a good amount of muscle. i think tis the angle one side of your neck looks bigger. the difference in the actual picture taking does throw me off a little.

maxiscool
02-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah I guess it is harder to tell if you've gotten bigger cuz the last picture is just cropped closer, so you cant really tell. But I mean it does look like you've gotten bigger, and you have a little gut but the gut looks relatively the same in all the pics so it doesnt look like you added alot of fat. I have the same problem I got the little gut but I still need to bulk.

Detard
02-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Whenever I put 2 pictures side by side, i'll make one of them about 50% transparent and then place it on top of the other one and resize it/position it so the eyes are over top of eachother. I'm pretty sure as you get heavier, your eyes dont change position.

maxiscool
02-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah right dude when i bulk i like to put some serious mass on my eyes. Do some heavy eye pressin.

mba788
02-12-2008, 04:21 AM
Lookin good great gains bro.. Whats your diet like?

Morox
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Lookin good great gains bro.. Whats your diet like?

I just basically eat whatever (within reason). I just try to stay away from sweets and whatnot...

Morox
02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Quick question here... What's a decent weight to gain to and a good weight to cut down to? I was hoping I can finish the cut by late June... What is a good time to start the cut and how fast should I lose the weight? This is my first time for bulking/cutting...

Morox
02-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Help?

McIrish
02-16-2008, 07:07 AM
I would aim for the same type of weight gains/losses you did while bulking - shoot to lose three pounds a month or so. Don't have a 'set number' in mind while cutting - oftentimes, you'll end up only cutting to a few lbs above that before the cut starts ruining your strength and you cut away a lot of muscle. Go by the mirror and take it slow. Kudos on putting on those 20.

If you really need a number, I think you should be able to slowly knock 10 off before June and look fine. Start in early March.

Morox
02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
So, my bulk is slowing down. I don't think I am going to get to a decent weight to start cutting and to be ready for summer. I started early enough but went too slow. I wanted to end my cut by mid June. An suggestions on what I should do to get optimal results? I am still sitting at 170.

rtrose
03-06-2008, 10:51 PM
i think you should keep going thru summer and wait to cut next summer when you hit 200...

rtrose
03-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Your chest looks much bigger

Morox
03-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Yeah, I think I am just getting fat now. I am still at 170, TRYING to gain more weight, but I seem to be looking smaller in the mirror now and I look as if I am getting fat. My diet hasn't changed, but my build seems to be different. It's pretty damn disheartening...

Is this even possible? I feel like crap...

rtrose
03-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Yea, I feel like I have gotten alot fatter in the last few months, so I am going to try and clean up. You don't look bad in your 170 pic. If you look different take a new pic, and a side pic and post them... maybe you can get some advice!
However, you do look much more muscular at 170 than 160. Wider, bigger chest, nice traps, and larger arms! I'm jealous!

ProLogic
03-19-2008, 03:09 PM
It looks to me that.. you have less clothes on every 10 pounds you gain :D