PDA

View Full Version : Question about my diet

OGROK
02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Right now I am eating a both a pre-workout and a post-workout shake. But I usually lift just after lunch or dinner. Since my lunch/dinners are like 1200 calories each (2chicken breasts/2cups veggies/1cup rice/3 1/2 oz peanuts) would it make more sense to just eliminate the pre-workout shake and double the calories in the post-workout shake?

I feel like I can't lift at convenient times just because lunch or dinner is coming up and I would have to wait another 2 hours after lunch/dinner to drink my pre-workout shake or else it would be too many calories all at once.

If I did this, my diet would consist of 4 meals, is that bad? Or I guess I could eat the peanuts as a snack between meals. That's another option, and it would make 6 meals.

OGROK
02-05-2008, 11:17 AM
In case anyone is wondering, with the modifications it would look like this:

Breakfast 1: 1 Cup Oatmeal, 1 Cup Egg Beaters, 1 Cup 2% Milk

Snack: 4oz Peanuts

Lunch: 2 Chicken Breasts, 2 Cups Vegetables, 1 Cup Rice

Post-Workout:

2 Cup 2% Milk
2 Cups Whey
2 Bananas

Snack: 4oz Peanuts

Meal 5:

2 Chicken Breasts, 2 Cups Vegetables, 1 Cup Rice

mikey4402
02-05-2008, 11:35 AM
im a little confused here.

But are you asking if you should elminate the pre workout shake, because you lift after a meal?

if thats the case then yeah ditch the pre workout shake. You dont neccesary have to double the calories in the post workout shake. As long as your macros are in check at the end of the day its all good.

If you need more protein or calories take a shake before bed, or maybe durning your snack.

Aslin
02-06-2008, 09:55 AM
i need to know some healthy fats

Doobs
02-06-2008, 02:10 PM
i need to know some healthy fats

If you had to guess, how many times do you think that question has been asked on this forum?

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565&highlight=healthy+fats

Healthy Fats

Natural Style Peanut Butter
Olive oil, Safflower oil
Flaxseed oil
Fish Oil
Nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts)

Aslin
02-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks, seriously you dont have to be so ironical about it.