PDA

View Full Version : getting wisdom teeth pulled???

mmnotch
02-05-2008, 06:18 PM
so in 2 weeks im getting my wisdom teeth pulled. witch seem to worry me because i have been packing on mass/strength very well lately, and im not wanting to part with it. im not sure how long i will no be able to eat solid foods but im thinking at least 3 days with out solid foods or at least ill be on quarters that long. what type of nutrition can/should i consume? weight gainers, dextrose, protein? any help would be very appreciated.

getb1g
02-05-2008, 07:07 PM
3 days shouldnt set you back much. But yeah dextrose for the carbs. Weight gainers for calories. And protein shakes for... protein, lol. Olive oil for healthy fats too.

MrWebb78
02-05-2008, 07:20 PM
I doubt it will be 3 days. At any rate, oats, yogurt, smoothies.

Worst case scenario is what? You go a few days without a huge amount of food and your progress is hindered for maybe a week before things go back to normal?

kcurrin
02-06-2008, 01:00 PM
You'll bounce back fast, don't worry too much.

Guido
02-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Eating solid foods will probably be tough for the first 3-5 days. Doesn't mean you can't make plenty of protein shakes. Your biggest concern for a while should be avoiding dry socket. That's the worst.

Doobs
02-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Dextrose is a bad choice of carb if you're not going to work out. You'll get a big spike for nothing.

Notorious
02-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Go read the thread about a liquid diet.

The Bran Man
02-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Eating solid foods will probably be tough for the first 3-5 days. Doesn't mean you can't make plenty of protein shakes. Your biggest concern for a while should be avoiding dry socket. That's the worst.

x1,000 If you wisdom teeth are impacted solid may even take up to a week. Getting my wisdom teeth pulled was potentially the worst week & 1/2 of my life. Plus I got two dry sockets and was not aware of it and thought pain like someone was pulling my teeth constantly was normal! I think I am in tears thinking about it :drooling: You should concentrate more on not geting a dry socket then your weight. And don't use a straw. Goodluck :evillaugh:

pulse
02-09-2008, 01:54 PM
When I got mine pulled I lost like 10lbs or so on all my lifts. I thought I would be making tons of shakes and stuff but the fact was I felt like such **** the first few days I just slept. But it wasnt 3 days before I was eating solid food. More like 5 or so..

Slim Schaedle
02-09-2008, 02:01 PM
If they give you good drugs for it, you won't care one bit about the 1-2 days you are out of it, laying on the couch, not training and eating.

MrWebb78
02-09-2008, 02:07 PM
I never understand all the horror stories. I must have been lucky or had the one good dentist performing the procedure.

I went home and took a nap, then had oats, yogurt, soft food for the rest of the day. The very next day I was back to solid foods and working out. Pain free.

HighSchoolGuy
02-09-2008, 02:21 PM

Pardon my stupidity, what's dry socket?

Steve24
02-09-2008, 02:39 PM
It's really not that bad, but make sure you CLEAN your mouth amazingly well. I thought I did but mine got infected and I couldn't eat solid foods for like a week.

BFGUITAR
02-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Youll be out for 1-2 weeks. Even if you can work out after a week you wont be as strong as before. When I got mine out I ate split pea soup by the gallon.

Horrible experience... good luck!

DaveG
02-12-2008, 10:16 PM
I just had my wisdom teeth taken out on Friday, Feb 1st. I was bulking at the time. It's really not too bad to do a liquid diet for a couple days. I did get sick of Opticen after my 5th shake in 24hrs. You should be back to eating solidish food in 2-3 days. My brother had his done at the same time, and he was eating burritos by that night. By Sunday, he was eating pizza. I got a dry socket on one side. It wasn't THAT terrible. No need to take the lortab or anything. I'm just now really getting over it.

So yeah, don't worry about it. It sucks for a week or so, but you only have to do it once! Keep your Opticen/weight gainer/etc close.

The Bran Man
02-13-2008, 04:55 AM
I never understand all the horror stories. I must have been lucky or had the one good dentist performing the procedure.

I went home and took a nap, then had oats, yogurt, soft food for the rest of the day. The very next day I was back to solid foods and working out. Pain free.

you must be just one big badass :clap:

yankeekd25
02-13-2008, 06:22 AM
Run into a corner and hide. Don't go get them removed. Very painful. My mouth was swollen for a week, couldn't eat any solid food, couldn't talk for 5 days, it hurt when I laid down, plus I wasn't allowed to take any Vico's 'cause my mom hid them from me.... Hell any mention of the words wisdom teeth evoke pain and suffering in my mouth.

so_calmaxwell
02-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Just don't get anything stuck in the holes.... I wouldnt recomend oats.
Maybe if finelly blended... or possible creme of wheat. Soft pasta would be a good carb choice.
Rinse well with water after every meal. And no straws. You won't want to eat that first day anyways. Last but not least make sure they give you vicodine...It helped me sleep when I had mine done ( I had 3 done at once)

It was like a 2 day thing then you can eat whatever just carefully.
Pain for me was gone by the end of the following day after the surgury.

Tofer
02-16-2008, 11:17 PM
When I got mine pulled I lost like 10lbs or so on all my lifts. I thought I would be making tons of shakes and stuff but the fact was I felt like such **** the first few days I just slept. But it wasnt 3 days before I was eating solid food. More like 5 or so..
Same here. I went into it thinking I would just pound back shakes but it didn't really work out like that. I felt like absolute **** for a good 6-7 days and didn't really eat a whole lot of anything. For a couple months after, it was a pain in the ass eating some foods because of the holes in the back of my mouth.

Everyone has a different experience. Some people are completed unaffected, and then some people like me get ridiculous sinus complications, puffy cheeks, and a week-long pounding headache. At least I didn't get dry sockets, though. Good lord.