PDA

View Full Version : OlePapaBobby's Brand New Rag Mag

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-14-2002, 11:32 AM
Reinier: 16 on top, 16 on bottom. 32 total. You'll get themall eventually.

Latty, he didn't say exactly why, but he came across as a no BS kinda guy.

He's also competed in America and he was really taking you guys apart, saying for the most part you're all talk. He's been over a few times and said that each time he's had guys talking like they're winners but then being grounded when he lifts. In essence, i guess he was saying they're all talk. Well, a lot are at least.

Have you found any competions results with him in?

Blood&Iron
07-14-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

As far as weight loss goes, this is the crack: Last week i weighed in 2 days early cause i went for a curry and knew it would make the weigh in obscured. I weighed in 14st 11lbs [207lbs] then, and i weighed in again on the sunday after the friday night curry at 15st 1lb [211]. This week i went drinking on friday and i'm 14st 10.5lbs [206.5] as of this morning. No doubt i'm still holding some glycogen and water from the alcofrol which leads me to the question - should i reduce cals a tad, or just keep things static until say tuesday or thursday and weigh in then to see what's happening. I'll prolly keep doing the short GPP sessions this week too if i can make time for it, so that's a bit more activity.

Any opinions?

I'd wait before you rush to reduce calories. Weigh yourself once or twice more, and if you still haven't lost appreciable weight, then go ahead. Personally, though, I think .5lbs is a perfect amount of weight loss(if it's legit) for one week, provided you lose that much every week. I tend to lose nothing, then suddenly lose 3lbs without any change in my program. I prefer weight loss to be slow and consistent.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Blood&Iron

I'd wait before you rush to reduce calories. Weigh yourself once or twice more, and if you still haven't lost appreciable weight, then go ahead. Personally, though, I think .5lbs is a perfect amount of weight loss(if it's legit) for one week, provided you lose that much every week. I tend to lose nothing, then suddenly lose 3lbs without any change in my program. I prefer weight loss to be slow and consistent.

I'm really glad you replied about this actually man, i was just about to bump it.

And this is exactly what i've decided to do. I'll be doing GPP on my "off" days so i'll relatively active all week so it's prolly for the best.

I also have an italian meal this thursday (with beer) and a chinese on the friday (more beer) so they'll be some jolly refeeds for Ole' Robboe lol.

I'll weigh in on tuesday morning and see how it goes, and then maybe again on thursday.

Tanks mang :)

Marcel
07-14-2002, 04:14 PM
Reinier: 16 on top, 16 on bottom. 32 total. You'll get themall eventually.

LMMFAO!

Nice Squatting Robboe. Ace.

Blood&Iron
07-16-2002, 09:09 AM
You're only 18, man?(Well, 17 for a few days more...) I thought you were my age. W*nker.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-16-2002, 09:35 AM
No, 18. 19 on Thursday.

Where did you get my age from anyway?

MonStar
07-16-2002, 09:48 AM
Wow youre only 18 now? Damn I didnt know you were my age Robboe. I thought that you were like 20-25 or something like that.

Blood&Iron
07-16-2002, 11:18 AM
No, 18. 19 on Thursday.

Where did you get my age from anyway?
The WBB Crier. It said birthday, then in parenthese (18) so I figured you were turning 18, not 19.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-16-2002, 12:43 PM
Strange. I didn;t know my year of birth was on the wbb database.

And no, Micky, I is jes' a young stud like your good self.

Well i forgot my training log for the first time in about 2 years today. Man that was annoying. And the gym was chocka block too, which aided matters, not. I had to pinch a pissy bit of A4 and borrow a pen to log my lifts. And i'm fuckin' glad i did, cause i had a belta of a time in there tonight.

BB bench: 102.5k [225.5] - 4!
100k - 3

Weighted dips: +42.5k [93.5] - 4

Decline machine press: 245k [539] - 9!

Well last week i struggled for 6 with 242.5k, but since i never had my log today i just threw on 245k without thinking twice. Quite amazing that. Prolly cause last week was my 'forced and negatives'** week and i wasn't so tired going into the exercise this week.

**I alternate weeks where i go to failure and beyond with weeks where i stop either at failure or one rep short. If you hadn't already realise or didn't already know.

Incline flyes: 36k [79.2] x2 - 8!

Fuckin' ace set. Just...fuckin' ace.

Side laterals: 14k [30.8] x2 - 11!
14k x2 - 8

CGBP: 85k [187] - 6!
87.5k [192.5] - 3!

Fuckin' class session. If all my blood wasn't currently in my chest, delts and triceps, then no doubt it'd be filling a rather large erection in my shorts. lol.

One thing i notice when the gym is packed, is the seriously poor form of the majority of lifters in my gym. It's unreal how superior mine is in comparison.

Tryska
07-16-2002, 07:37 PM
damn! look at you! ace session chigsy.

Mystic Eric
07-16-2002, 10:07 PM

The WBB Crier. It said birthday, then in parenthese (18) so I figured you were turning 18, not 19.

Sweet! People read it!

rookiebldr
07-16-2002, 10:19 PM

...I tend to lose nothing, then suddenly lose 3lbs without any change in my program. I prefer weight loss to be slow and consistent.
yep, that's me to. although I rack it up to being a bit more consistent during those few days.

Originally posted by Mystic Eric

Sweet! People read it!

doesn't everyone! Keep up the good work on the crier Eric.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-17-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
damn! look at you! ace session chigsy.

Yeah, i know. Damn.

Also, i got up at 6:15am this morning and did 20 minutes morning cardio - just sprints and jogs up and down the lane next to my street. The 'Gregg's'** van was stocking the shop as i was running past, and i noticed i tended to slow right down to almost sluggish pace everytime i passed it lol ;) It semlled almost too good...

**Gregg's is a pasties, sandwiches, cakes and buscuits franchise in the Uk.

One thing i noticed was that my hunger for food really disappeared this morning. Usually i'm hungry by my 10:30am meal, but not today. It wasn't till about 12ish that i got hungry. And i'm starving now haha.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-17-2002, 09:43 AM
I forgot to mention last night's appauling sleep. I went to bed last night earlier than i have since last summer (i **** you not) at 10:30pm. Anyhoo, i wake up at 4am thinking i have slept in and i'm gonna be late for work - naturally, because i suddenly got this in my head i kept waking up every 10 fuckin' minutes thinking i'd slept in.

Twatty, twatty bollock twat.

Relentless
07-17-2002, 11:05 AM
Twatty, twatty bollock twat.

Hey, set that to music, and you could have something there . . . maybe a east-end version of http://www.chittythemusical.co.uk/frame.htm

:D

Tryska
07-17-2002, 09:11 PM
i logged on for the sole purpose of letting you know that i drank a broon with you in mind this evening, chigsy.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-18-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
i logged on for the sole purpose of letting you know that i drank a broon with you in mind this evening, chigsy.

Tina, I love you. You know that right?

Callahan: Lmao.

Tryska
07-18-2002, 07:10 AM
oddly enough i didn't know it was your birthday today. But since my drinking would have been after midnight your time, i find it oddly coincedental...and am really happy i told you.

Ps...happy birthday, baby! love you back.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-18-2002, 09:12 AM
Bless you my love.

Righty, i just totally made myself sick with chocolate lol. Damn, at least i'll not want chocolate again for a few months. Normally i wouldn't break diet, but i just finished training and had my post w/o shake so i figured some chocolate is nice. Hopefully it'll give me some hellish food cravings so i scoff down more food at tonight's meal :cool: haha.

Anyhoo, the gym was boiling today. And i think the crappy sleeping from the night before coupled with the morning cardio may have tired me out a little.

High row: 152.5k - 5 (eq PB)
152.5k - 3

T bar rows: 78.75k - 3/4 + 3 negatives.
OH grip: 65k - 5!

Wide grip chins: BW - 7

As laughable as it is, i do actually think that 7 strict reps like them is actually a PB. Sorry state of affairs, i know, but it may be true!

Rear flye machine: 55k - 6

Kneeling shrugs: 70k x2 - 6 (eq PB)
70k x2 - 4

Sorry for not converting Kg's to lbs today, but since the session wasn;t particularly sintilating (sp?) i figured i wouldn;t bother).

Not a ground breaking workout, but it got the job done.

I weighed in this morning at 14st 10lbs (206lbs) which shows a 0.5lb drop this week.

On the way home from work i picked up some lecithin and some L-tyrosine. Although i won;t use the tyrosine for a few more weeks yet, and at the same time i'll prolly crack open the old ECA. But only when i feel it's necessary and i need the boost for (morning) cardio.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-21-2002, 07:13 AM
I really think the two days of eating out have helped me. During my workout today i didn't feel any mid-session fatigue or tiredness and i had a great workout. I was also pissed off again cause i forgot my log a-frickin'-gain for the second time in one week :mad: I had to guess some of my numbers and in some cases actually jumped a bit of weight without realising!

Squats: 157.5k [346.5] - 7!
157.5k - 4

I was much more pleased with the depth here too.

SLDLs: 170k [374] - 5!

Last week i did 167.5k for 4! :eek: Like i said, i had to guess.

Leg press: 265k [583] - 12!

Last week i did 262.5k :rolleyes: Then without telling me, my partner upped the weight again...

270k [594] - 12!

ace.

Did some calf work and some ab work and then i was done. I MUST remember to take my log to the gym with me.

MonStar
07-21-2002, 08:15 AM
Nice leg workout Robboe!! Keep up the hard work man, seriously.

Thats really crazy that youre almost my age exactly. You just turned 19 correct? Ill be 19 in October. Years from you and I will be the WBB vets... :D:D

Franco
07-21-2002, 09:58 AM
Ace session Mr. Dazzler:D

Originally posted by MonStar

Thats really crazy that youre almost my age exactly. You just turned 19 correct? Ill be 19 in October. Years from you and I will be the WBB vets... :D:D

???

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-23-2002, 12:26 PM
Yeah, Micky, what in the blazes are you baffling on aboot?

Great push session, even though we had to wait 30 minutes for the freakin' bench. It seems like a regular occurance for tuesdays these days. But happily, i remembered my log today (gracias frando).

And it goes a lil' sumthin' like this...

BB bench: 102.5k [225.5] - 5! + 1
102.5k - 4

Weighted dips: 42.5k [93.5] - 5!

The fifth rep felt like it took a lifetime. I wasn't totally sure whether i'd manage lockout, but thankfully it came.

Decline machine press: 245k - 9 + 3 negatives (Eq PB)

Incline flyes: 36k x2 - 8 + 1 (Eq PB)

Side laterals: 14k x2 - 12!

Fuckin' brilliant set.

16k [35.2] x2 - 4! + 2

CGBP: 87.5k [192.5] - 4! + 2
87.5k - 3 + 1

Overall, a great session.

I plan to get up at 6:15 tomorrow in order to do about 20 minutes cardio of some description - running, jogging, added sprints - the usual, y'know?...

Silverback
07-23-2002, 12:32 PM
nice work, if you can hack morning cardio then go for it, but i cant do morning cardio, i just don't feel right doing it.

Tryska
07-23-2002, 12:33 PM
i hve eben trying to get up at 5 am for 2 days in a row now. it's not working.

great session big guy!

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-23-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
nice work, if you can hack morning cardio then go for it, but i cant do morning cardio, i just don't feel right doing it.

I know, but if i wait till after work i'm fooked and won't leave my house to do it.

By forcing myself up in the morning i make the most of it. Plus, i get to see the best part of the day, even if it has been raining a lot early on round here lately.

Tina: spank you, babs.

Franco
07-23-2002, 12:48 PM
Great push session, even though we had to wait 30 minutes for the freakin' bench. It seems like a regular occurance for tuesdays these days.

Your asian mates I presume?

But happily, i remembered my log today (gracias frando).

:D

And it goes a lil' sumthin' like this...Tag team back again check 'n' derect and lets begin, party on party people let me here some noise...
Whoops...Got carried away there:D

Tryska
07-23-2002, 12:52 PM
*inserts scratch here*

heathj
07-23-2002, 01:08 PM
whoop there it is

ElPietro
07-23-2002, 01:27 PM
How is your cutting going?

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-23-2002, 02:07 PM
Good, Pete, thanks for asking.

The way my training is going you'd hardly know i was in calorie deficit.

I'm dropping weight steadily as i go.

Actually, today marks my 8th week dead.

I still want to be around the 190 mark by the time i'm done (or there abouts) and i'm currently about 206 or so, i think.

I'm looking leaner in the arms and my belly is going down slowly but surely, which is all good and proper. All in all, i'm tres pleased.

ElPietro
07-24-2002, 09:28 AM
Yeah that's why I asked. I notice your lifts are doing quite well...so I wasn't sure if you had slowed down on the cutting or not. Good job. I'm not sure but I think I'm shrinking a bit too. People are noticing but I think that my shoulders and arms are losing size too. :( Or it could all be an illusion as I seem to be the same bloody weight everytime I get on a scale.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-24-2002, 10:02 AM
Well the first few weeks i lost a bit of size but i attribute that to glycogen and water loss.

I seem to be retaining muscle quite well thus far (touch wood).

I got up 30 minutes early today before work (6:15am) and did a 20 minute run in the lane next to mine. And amazingly, i'm not that tired or fatigued today, which was a nice suprise. I'll try and make wed and fri my regularl morning cardio days, methinks.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-25-2002, 12:54 PM
Excellent pull day. More than made up for last week's mediocre lifting exhibition.

High rows: 152.5k [335.5] - 6!
155k [341] - 3!

I've dropped all my underhand rowing for now, i'm focusing on overhand grip and trying to hit my middle back muscles better, cause in comparison, they suck.

So even though my T bar rows have dropped weight, they're still PB's (for this grip).

T bar rows: 65k [143] - 7/8!

8th rep went about 80% of the way but wouldn;t budge further. Incidentally, i use a much slower rep tempo when i use OH grip compared to UH.

66.25k [145.75] - 5!
66.25k - 3

WG chins: [b]BW - 8!
+10k [22] - 3/4!

lol, pityful weight considering some of the other weight i pull, but my wide grip anything has always sucked. Time to put that right. Actually, i'd appreciate anyone/everyone taking the piss out of my chinning weight at every given opportunity. It'll help me knuckle down and focus more on increasing the lift. It'll give me a good chuckle too. Thanks in advance.

Kneeling shrugs: 70k [154] x2 - 7!
70k x2 - 4

Rear flye machine: 55k [121] - 8!

So all in all, a superb session.

Another point to not, i'm definately noticing myself getting leaner now compared to how i was. It's probably not something someone else would notice, but for me it's change - for the better - and i'm well chuffed.

I'll update this mofo' on saturday with my weight.

Blood&Iron
07-25-2002, 12:57 PM

WG chins: BW - 8!
+10k [22] - 3/4!

lol, pityful weight considering some of the other weight i pull, but my wide grip anything has always sucked. Time to put that right. Actually, i'd appreciate anyone/everyone taking the piss out of my chinning weight at every given opportunity. It'll help me knuckle down and focus more on increasing the lift. It'll give me a good chuckle too. Thanks in advance.

You suck.

Sorry. I'm having difficult coming up with anything more creative, you twatty weak-assed mofo.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-25-2002, 01:02 PM
lol.

Good try though.

Ok, the ball is rolling.

(P.s. For any mods looking at this, it's not degradation, so no locking of my journal pwease :))

ElPietro
07-25-2002, 01:14 PM
Increase that chin weight you pikey b@stard! It could save your arsehole from being spelunked!

Think about when you are caught stealing the next car and you are running from the little gay bobbies (cops) and you need to quickly jump a fence. Much of the fence jumping technique can be compared to a wide grip chin. Now if these muscles aren't developed and you lack the explosive strength to drag your tosser ass up and over the fence quick enough to evade capture you will go to jail for being a damned gypsy car thief. Now whilst in jail you may receive a new knickname...such as snookums or b!tch, at which point your bum bum could be compromised! All this because you weren't well motivated on back day!

I hope I have provided you with some small amount of motivation to increase the poundage on your wide grip chins. :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-25-2002, 01:19 PM
LMAO.

Blood&Iron
07-25-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
Now whilst in jail you may receive a new knickname...such as snookums or b!tch, at which point your bum bum could be compromised

I'm pretty sure it's been 'compromised' for some time. He does, after all, lift at a gym called 'Men at Work'

Alex.V
07-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
Increase that chin weight you pikey b@stard! It could save your arsehole from being spelunked!

Think about when you are caught stealing the next car and you are running from the little gay bobbies (cops) and you need to quickly jump a fence. Much of the fence jumping technique can be compared to a wide grip chin. Now if these muscles aren't developed and you lack the explosive strength to drag your tosser ass up and over the fence quick enough to evade capture you will go to jail for being a damned gypsy car thief. Now whilst in jail you may receive a new knickname...such as snookums or b!tch, at which point your bum bum could be compromised! All this because you weren't well motivated on back day!

I hope I have provided you with some small amount of motivation to increase the poundage on your wide grip chins. :)

bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*snort*

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-25-2002, 01:22 PM
My ass is as stern as a barn door.

It's a one way street.

Blood&Iron
07-25-2002, 01:23 PM
My ass is as stern as a barn door.

It's a one way street.
Have you not been getting enough fiber?

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-25-2002, 01:25 PM
Ah, touché.

w8lifter
07-25-2002, 06:44 PM
Alright, this is gonna be a helluva post Chicken Baby...especially seeing as how I'm half ******* corked :angel:

BB bench: 102.5k [225.5] - 4!
100k - 3

Weighted dips: +42.5k [93.5] - 4

Decline machine press: 245k [539] - 9!

Okay first...I'm late...butt, too damn bad :D ....awesome W/O...really! :thumbup: and the fact you put a "!" after your reps is really.......well, cute...sorry but it 's true :p

It's much easier when you convert to lb's, btw....lol

I know, but if i wait till after work i'm fooked and won't leave my house to do it.

By forcing myself up in the morning i make the most of it. Plus, i get to see the best part of the day, even if it has been raining a lot early on round here lately.

Okay...been there...early morning cardio SUCKS ASS!!! Butt it feels so good about an hour later after you've done it...I can't do it alone though, my biatch always has to drag my ass out to do it....kudos to you for getting up and going on your own! So...you just sprint up and down your street?

Tina: spank you, babs.

Do I detect a little w8 here? I'm not rubbing off on ya am I Chicken Baby? ;)

WG chins: [b]BW - 8!
+10k [22] - 3/4!

Alright...well how's this...I can do 5 WG chins...so if you can only do 8..doesn't that make you a huge pussy???? :D

I'm dropping weight steadily as i go.

tuttut Don't you know by now...that should be dropping fat ...we don't want to drop w8! That implies LBM loss!

Alright then...my work here is done, lol :D

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Woo! You were drunk? Ace.

I woke up early for my morning cardio today, but decided that the extra Zzzz's would prove more beneficial. To make up for this, i hit the gym after work today and did an entire body GPP routine, 10 minutes on the stepper then 5 minutes on the tready. had a sauna too :angel:

Leah, i was totally thinking of you when i wrote that, actually.

I run up and down a lane next to mine. It's basically the backs of all the shops on the main road near mine - where the loading trucks go down. It's a far distance and takes me about 4 minutes to properly run down to the end.

And thanks for the insult ;) I was, however, expecting a lot more in here by now :mad: What the hell is up with you people?! Don't you love me?! Call me names, dammit!

Oh, and i use my weight as my gauge. I could use the mirror, but i change body composition so slow that it's harder to tell. I find actual numbers easier to work with than memory.

I shall weigh in tomorrow morning and update.

I have an all day wedding tomorrow. Shall be muchos fun. Lots of alcofrolic frosty beverages floating my way...

w8lifter
07-26-2002, 02:39 PM
Leah, i was totally thinking of you when i wrote that, actually.

And thanks for the insult ;) I was, however, expecting a lot more in here by now :mad: What the hell is up with you people?! Don't you love me?! Call me names, dammit!

I have an all day wedding tomorrow. Shall be muchos fun. Lots of alcofrolic frosty beverages floating my way...

Willy? You were willy thinking of me? Aw, spanks...I'm touched :D

Hey....have one of them frosty's for me eh?....no w8...make that about 5 of them :angel: ....you pussy-assed little wimp! Nah...I like Chicken Baby better! :D

(p.s. I notice my other posts are gone....was that you or the powers that be?)

Tryska
07-26-2002, 04:42 PM
makem.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-27-2002, 02:42 AM
lmao at Tina.

Leah, i have no idea, i don't edit my journal at all. What posts are missing?

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-27-2002, 02:46 AM
Shag, forgot to add, i weighed in at 14st 9.5lbs today [205.5], which is a 0.5lb drop since last week. The past few weeks the losses have slower right down. I think after next week i need to start adding some kind of refeeds or carb-ups to my weekly routine. I have nothing specific planned yet, but i'll start thinking about it soon.

Wedding later.

w8lifter
07-27-2002, 05:40 PM

Wedding later.

You freakin' lush...you better be having drinks for me LOL :D

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-29-2002, 01:56 PM
Huh?! :scratch:

explain yourself fr the first part of that sentence, young lady.

Anyhoo, me forgots to update this mofo' yesterday and i was too enthralled (is that how you spell it?) in LOTR II, cause it kicks metaphorical ass. I was also quite bad from all day drinking on saturday.

*****On a side note, before i begin, training legs on a very hot and sunny sunday afternoon after being on the piss the entire day previous whilst very dehydrated is not recommended.*****

Squats: 157.5k [346.5] - 8!

I pushed it and was happy with the depth.

160k [352] - 4!

ace.

SLDLs: 170k [374] - 5/6

The **** just wouldn't lock out. The rep felt like an entire minute itself, the bastard. Still a great set though, and i'll get the ****** next week.

Leg press: 272.5k [599.5] - 12! dropped to 220k [484] - 8

This was fuckin' killer. Excuse all the swearing but it's totally necessary.

I also stopped the workout here, cause from all the straining of the leg press drop set i felt something go in the back of my neck. It's nothing horribly painful, rarely effecting me at all, but i felt it a best idea to leave it at that and not push it further.

Maybe i'll do calf and ab work tomorrow after or before chest work, instead.

That was yesterday. Today, monday, i helped a family friend move his entire comic book collection from his attic down into one of the bedrooms. His back is fooked, so it was basically him shifting boxes to the opening and me running up and down the ladder carrying them down.

Did i mention his collection is 40 A4 Xerox boxes full?

Nice.

It's worth something along the £50k region too.

well i was sweating like a pig, naturally. But i must admit, it was quite fun. It was something different and it got my heart rate well elevated, so as far as i'm concerned, it's all good.

I have push tomorrow.

Toodles.

ElPietro
07-29-2002, 02:03 PM
Hehe, every now and then I "tweak" my neck as well. I'm pretty sure it's just a slight muscle strain that occurs when you are lifting weight in the "holy sh!t" range for your strength. Sometimes it will be a bit stiff for a couple days...other times it goes away immediately. Excellent squatting my friend. :)

Franco
07-29-2002, 02:27 PM

Leg press: [b]272.5k [599.5] - 12

Look out Sav;)

Good work considering all the stuff you consumed the day prior to this.

Oh and 50k worth of comics is amazing

ElPietro
07-29-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by FAngel
Look out Sav;)

LMMFAO! :D

Savannah
07-29-2002, 03:08 PM
:strong:

Go Robboe, Go Robboe!

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by FAngel

Look out Sav;)

And to think i was so nice on the phone to you today.

One word: Drop sets. ;)

No idea why, but that's the second session in a row i've used them. Just for fun i 'spose...

No real progression as far as strength goes, but i attribute this mostly to last night's comic shifting. Still a good workout though.

BB Bench: 102.5k [225.5] - 4 + 2

i then decided as soon as i lifted the bar on the second set to use an extremely slow tempo, and my training partner didn't know what the hell was going on.

2 + 2

Felt good though.

Weighted dips: +42.5k [93.5] - 5 (Eq PB)
dropped: +20k - 3
dropped: bw - 3

Killer. The drops felt heavier than the initial weighted set.

Decline machine press: 245k [539] - 8/9

I just couldn't lock it out. I would have prolly progressed here if it wasn't for my dip drop sets too. Ah well, next week i shall.

Inclined flyes: 36k [79.2] x2 - 6
dropped: 26k x2 - 3

Side laterals: 16k [35.2] x2 - 5!
16k x2 - 4
dropped: 10k x2 - 4

Now i couldn't do CG on the actual BP cause there were some dudes on for ages, so i had to set it up on a plain ol' bench. Very awkward. I also used the shorter curling bar which fukked around with my balance a bit. My partner had to keep his hands there to keep sure it stayed stable.

CGBP: 87.5k [192.5] - 4 + 3 (Eq PB)

I asked him after the set how many he helped me with and he said "hard to say cause i was making sure it didn't go to one side, but about three." If i didn't actually progress here, no worries, i'll nail it next week.

And that was that. I'll see about a morning jog tomorrow, but the weather round here has been really tempremental (sp?) lately.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-31-2002, 10:16 AM
Stayed up too late pissing around on the net and reading LOTR II.

Woke up at 3am really hot and sweaty from the hummidity (even though it's fuckin' thundering and lightening and rain storms etc...) had to get up and drink water.

I ended up sleeping in this morning so no morning cardio was performed. Ah well. Maybe it's for the best since that study came out showing morning workouts to be worse compared to evening workouts go as far as the immune system is concerned.

I've been organising, today at work, when i plan to switch to full NHE. My current diet is working, but the way i feel near the end of my workout as far as my heartbeat and general "fat burning" senses go, i feel like more fat would come off quicker without the post workout carbs, hopefully not at the expense of muscle tissue. We'll see how it goes. It won't be for a long time though so i'm not that concerned - i'll be on NHE for about 6-8 weeks max.

Maki Riddington
07-31-2002, 10:17 AM
Ah well. Maybe it's for the best since that study came out showing morning workouts to be worse compared to evening workouts go as far as the immune system is concerned.

*** You're joking right?

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-31-2002, 10:28 AM
No, actually. I haven't seen the study myself, but i kept the newspaper article i got and i'll type it out for you here:

"Fitness enthusiasts who swear by that pre-breakfast gym workout could be running into trouble.

People who exercise early in the morning risk getting infections because their body's immune system may not have fully kicked into gear, a study found.

And it is not just 'part-timers' who are affected.

Even serious athlete should think twice about dawn fitness regimes, researchers said.

They warned the human body was 'simply not awake enough' for early exercise, and recommended the evning as a far more healthy time to workout.

They tested 14 British competition swimmers at 6am and 6pm on different days.

They measured levels of cortisol, a stress hormone which can suppress the immune system, and IgA, a substance which measures how well the system is working. Cortisol levels were marginally lower - therefore better - in the evenings, the researchers told the british journal of sports medicine.

But the IgA levels were reduced dramatically in the morning, which meant the swimmers were running a risk of infections.

The rate of flow of saliva, which also helps to protect against bugs and viruses, peaked in the evening.

The report, by Brunnel University in mIddlesex, concluded: 'The best time of day to train is in the evening.

'Exercising in the morning could possibly increase susceptability to infection.'

Researchers said the best way to boost the immune system was to eat fresh fruit and vegetables, take vitmans and minerals and avaoid processed foods and sugar."

I'm not too sure what IgA is right now, and i realise that the study wasn't done on bodybuilders, so who's to say?

MonStar
07-31-2002, 10:32 AM
Weighted dips: +42.5k [93.5] - 5 (Eq PB)
dropped: +20k - 3
dropped: bw - 3

Damn Robboe looks killer!! Great burnout for your pecs and tris huh man? Haha this would have killed me.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-01-2002, 01:27 PM
Yeah, it did.

High row: 155k [341] - 4!

decided to drop the weight and go for a few extra reps.

130k [286] - 8

I'm so used to only doing low reps on this that doing a mere 8 reps was really tough.

T bars: 66.75 [146.85] - 5 (Eq PB)

Could have prolly forced another rep out here but didn't. Incidentally, i did some kinda lying shrugs with this weight at the end of the set, for...fun, I suppose.

66.75k - 4
dropped: 55k - 4
dropped: BW - 3

Weighted WG chins: +10k [22] - 4!

~sigh~

Progression, but still...

~sigh~

+10k - 3
dropped: BW - 3

DB rows: 60k [132] - 5 ES

No real reason for doing these other than i wanted to. So there.

rear flye machine: 55k - 7

Kneeling shrugs: 70k [154] x2 - 5
70k x2 - 3 <--- with a quite long static shrug on the last rep for good measure.

And that was that.

I think i'm going camping tomorrow night. Can't say for definite right now though. Some things i need to arrange and details to sort out.

w8lifter
08-01-2002, 06:42 PM
Huh?! :scratch:

explain yourself fr the first part of that sentence, young lady.

lush = a bloody drunk :D:alcoholic

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-04-2002, 07:28 AM
Well, the gym was red hot, the sun was shinning bright and dumbass Roboe forgot his shorts, so i had to train in the tracky bottoms i was wearing :rolleyes:

I was (and still am as i type this) sweating like a bitch. Good though.

Squats: 160k [352] - 5!
160k - 4

Good sets. Twas rather fun, yet hard.

SLDLs: 170k [374] - 5 (told ya i'd get the ****** this week didn't i? :))
dropped: 140k - 3

Ahh...me and my drop sets. They're great for heart rate elevation. This was solidified in my next exercise...

Leg press: 275k [605] - 12!
dropped: 240k [528] - 8

Holy Mother of God.

Words cannot describe.

I felt the back of my neck hurt again this week too, but it went away within a few minutes and didn't stick around for the rest of the day like last week.

Decided to do some leg curls too, for some reason.

St. leg curls: 35k - 6 ES (Not to failure)

I finished up with some seated calf drop sets and a set of standing calf raises, and then some sit ups - weighted too.

And then my heart stopped beating and i died.

Luckily i had enough life left in me to reach for my shake, though...

It's like my spinach (popeye), or my banana (bananaman) or my three magic words (superted).

Something like that anyway.

Franco
08-04-2002, 07:36 AM
Squats: 160k [352] - 5!
160k - 4

Ace, ace, ace

Good sets. Twas rather fun, yet hard.

I bet

Decided to do some leg curls too, for some reason.
Because your just an insane kinda guy maybe!!!

St. leg curls: 35k - 6 ES (Not to failure) [/B][/QUOTE]

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-06-2002, 10:35 AM
Had a BBQ last night before we went out. I started drinking at 5pm lol. Ah well, twas a good night anyway. Worth it. I took today off work so i didn't feel like crap and have a shitty workout today.

Actually, i think the sugars of the alcoholic beverages i was consuming in copious amounts last night has actually replaced some glycogen and allowed me to have a really good session earlier.

BB bench: 102.5k [225.5] - 5 (Eq PB)

dropped the weight for some higher reps.

95k [209] - 7

Weighted dips: +42.5k [93.5] - 6!

Woo ha!

Decline machine press: 250k [550] - 7!

My God, this weight sounds ridiculous for a press eh? I think it's been badly designed actually. To really feel the resistance you have to use a **** load of weight.

Incline DB flyes: 36k [70.2] x2 - 9!

Super duper set here. Great fun.

Side laterals: 16k x2 - 6!
16k x2 - 3
dropped: 12k x2 - 4

CGBP: 87.5k [192.5] - 4 (Eq PB)
87.5k - 3

Great workout.

Now that i remember this i'll tell you all; A mate of mine who i had suspicions about his sexuality (not that i'm bothered whether he's straight or gay cause he's a good lad) introduced me to his new girlfriend last night.

My jaw hit the floor.

He's an ugly lad, i'll admit, and i swear i thought she was Denise Richards at first glance (albeit i was pissed and the club was dark) but still...

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Forgot to add, i start full NHE tomorrow.

10 weeks of my modification have worked well, but now i think it's time for a change.

kimpy225
08-06-2002, 10:47 AM

ericg
08-06-2002, 12:24 PM
Good luck with the NHE man!!

Nice lifting to btw

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Hey Eric, glad to see you back.

Kim: :)

I got up at 6:15am yesterday and did some morning running. Notice i say 'running' and not 'jogging'. I initially decided to go for a bit of distance and so ran around my entire estate, only once i finished i realised i'd managed to clock in my best ever time. Ever ever. I didn't dawn on me till i'd finished that i'd actually ran the course at a very fast pace, which was ace. And that rhymed. Double ace.

I then decided that morning, pre-breakfast cardio IS superior for weight loss - i was having a hard time keeping my food down afterwards, i bet the calorie deficit created was huge. I'll be ripped in no time...

I also started up my ECA again before the run. I felt warm inside all day, almost sweaty like. It was quite comfortable actually.

I also went to the prestigious Newcastle Utd vs Barcelona in town last night. It's been an ambition to see Barca play since 1994 when i visited the city. Amazing place - i hope to go back some day. Anyway, we out played them the first half but two goals against the run of play killed us off. My precious were slaughtered in the second half. I can now officially say i know what it feels like to be raped. Repeatedly. Painful to watch, it was.

Today marked my first day of training on NHE - ie no carbs post train. Feels a bit weird actually. Usually after my carb/pro shake ingestion i'd feel bloated, 'soft' and feel tired (most likely the seritonnin) but today after my whey and cream i felt quite 'jiggy jiggy', sorta. I'm hoping for good results with this diet.

Anyway, here's the training. Totally different to usual back days. What can i say? I fancied a change.

WG chins: +10k [22] - 5! Gained one rep despite doing them first :rolleyes:
+10k - 4
+10k - 3

Supersetted last set with WG pulldown:
85k - 4
dropped: 70k - 3
dropped: 50k - 5

BB rows:60k - 8
80k - 7
80k - 6

These felt really great. Dunno what inspired me to try them. I'm seriously considering changing t bars for these for a while.

CG pulldown: 95k - 6

DB shrug: 70k x2 - 5

All in all, the workout was fun, and since i felt a little tired going into this workout, made all the difference.

Anyhoo, onto diet, here's a short list of what i've ate today:

1. 4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs

2. 60g chicken
94g cottage cheese
15g cashews
green veg

3. 4 scoops simply whey
1 fluid oz whipping cream

4. tin tuna
1oz cream (or 3 tsp oil)

5. 60g chicken
100g cottage cheese
15g cashews

6. Tin tuna
2 tsp oil

7. 200g serloin steak
green veg

Actually, the steak is up next, but i added it anyway.

I'm still in the planning stages of saturday's carb load, but it's looking like a 300g carb up, with the first 100g coming from liquid carbs. We shall see, i'm awaiting clarification from someone else.

Laters

08-08-2002, 08:25 PM
Rob, I see your shortening the 7-day metabolic shift. Are you also skipping the 2 day down cycle before the first carbload?

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-09-2002, 10:43 AM
I'm not actually doing any metabolic shift, just sticking to my diet how it was only now with the bi-weekly carb loads and fat and pro post train.

I've been training low carb stylee for 10 weeks now, so i don't see how 7 days will make that much difference, except for aid me in losing strength, shutting down my thyroid even further and slowing my metabolism right down.

Personally, i reckon the 7 day metabolic shift is only for people who use carbs as their major macronutrient - ie someone who has at least 30% of cals coming from carbs everyday. I've carb cycled almost every day since July 10th 2001. Also for everyday people who also tend to get the majority of their cals from carbs (usually sugary ones).

I'm typing this debating whether or not to go to the gym and do some cardio.

ericg
08-09-2002, 10:46 AM
BOTH you biatch

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-10-2002, 07:35 AM
I got up, took 2g L-Tyrosine, 200mcg caffiene and a multivit. Waited about 30 minutes (impractical for me to wait even more) and then headed off.

I began with 5 minutes warm up on the tready and then did 5 minutes of progressive running (starting at 8mph and moving up 0.5mph every minute until i was on 10mph). After that, i slowed right down to 4mph before my heart packed it's bags and left my chest for good and walked for 3 minutes. I followed it up with a further 3 minutes of progressive running.

Sat down for a few minutes.

Did 30 minutes on the stepper, was sweating like a fat one. Felt great.

I've come home, waited 30 minutes and had some chicken breast.

I'm about to go start my proper eating for the day. In 5 minutes precisely, in fact.

My hunger has all but disappeared too. Strange that. Usually i'm ravenous.

I'm doing a little experiment. I do legs tomorrow morning, so i'd usually not do cardio today, but i'm carbing up tonight, so we'll see if i can get away with cardio the day before legs. I'll tell you if i have a good workout tomorrow.

Blood&Iron
08-10-2002, 10:01 AM
I got up, took 2g L-Tyrosine, 200mcg caffiene and a multivit. Waited about 30 minutes (impractical for me to wait even more) and then headed off.

I began with 5 minutes warm up on the tready and then did 5 minutes of progressive running (starting at 8mph and moving up 0.5mph every minute until i was on 10mph). After that, i slowed right down to 4mph before my heart packed it's bags and left my chest for good and walked for 3 minutes. I followed it up with a further 3 minutes of progressive running.

Sat down for a few minutes.

Did 30 minutes on the stepper, was sweating like a fat one. Felt great.

I've come home, waited 30 minutes and had some chicken breast.

I'm about to go start my proper eating for the day. In 5 minutes precisely, in fact.

My hunger has all but disappeared too. Strange that. Usually i'm ravenous.

I'm doing a little experiment. I do legs tomorrow morning, so i'd usually not do cardio today, but i'm carbing up tonight, so we'll see if i can get away with cardio the day before legs. I'll tell you if i have a good workout tomorrow.
So you decided to try Lyle's idea. Are you going to be doing this on a regular basis from now on?

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-10-2002, 12:14 PM
yeah, i got it off the ketogenic forum. I noticed yesterday you quoted it in your journal (i missed it first time round).

I'm only gonna do it when i actually have time for it. I've already mailed him and told him that doing that much cardio before work is impractical (since i'm already getting up around 6am for work and i train later in the day because of it, therefore not allowing me to get to bed earlier and wake earlier) and he said that since i'm doing a cyclical low carb diet that he suspects the effects will be similar and if i wait about 3 hours after eating it should still be good practise. Therefore i can do it after work. Also, cause i find HIIT quite boring, i asked if a short rest GPP workout before the duration cardio would work, and he agrees it would be a fair substitute. Much more fun too.

wednesday mornings will kinda have the same principle for cardio, but i just won't spend as long doing it (only about 30 minutes in total).

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-11-2002, 08:45 AM
Leg day. Gladly, yesterday's cardio session didn't effect my legs. The carb load last night seemed to have worked. Hopefully this experiement will prove successful everyweek, but only time will tell.

Squats: 160k [352] - 6!
160k - 4
140k [308] - 7 Really good depth here.

SLDLs: 170k [374] - 6!
dropped: 140k - 4

Excellent set. Up by a rep on both sub-sets.

Leg press: 280k [616] - 12!
dropped: 240k [528] - 8

I tried to do some calf and ab work, but the strength or intensity just weren't there.

And da-zit.

MonStar
08-11-2002, 08:51 AM
Squats: 160k [352] - 6!
160k - 4
140k [308] - 7 Really good depth here.

SLDLs: 170k [374] - 6!
dropped: 140k - 4

Good to see that Lyle's recomendation worked out for you Robboe. Nice squat and SLDL strength. Looking good man. :thumbup::thumbup:

ElPietro
09-01-2002, 03:37 PM
:confused:

kimpy225
09-03-2002, 11:32 PM
hey!!
:)

heathj
09-18-2002, 04:26 PM
bizump...

Paul Stagg
12-10-2002, 04:53 PM
*ahem*

Blood&Iron
12-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
*ahem*
I think he's dead.

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-10-2002, 05:08 PM
Lots of work to be done for Uni, so no regular updates.

Lets just say:

1. I'm bigger than i've ever been (but still rather small by my own standards).

2. I'm maintaining a relatively decent level of leaness (having a good concious idea of portion size) despite not really counting calories (although i'd like to be leaner, which i will achieve in February onwards).

3. I'm stronger than i've ever been, which is really cool cause i outlift a lot of drug users in my gym, and i'm really enjoying lifting.

4. The whole jive is still important to me but i now arrange my training and eating around my life and not vice versa. Just enjoying life, baby.

Silverback
12-10-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Blood&amp;Iron

I think he's dead.

lol,

Nice to hear from you robboe,

Sounds like youve made a few changes, for the better it sounds. Although i do miss your educational posts on the forums. But hey you gotta do what you gotta do:)

later keep up the good work and i hope uni is going well

B-R

Miss Rezza
12-10-2002, 05:22 PM
so no regular updates.

"Get it sorted, Mr!"

Sound familiar???

;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-10-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Miss Rezza

"Get it sorted, Mr!"

Sound familiar???

;)

Yeah, you suddenly sound all sexy and intelligent.

I dunno why that is...

Miss Rezza
12-10-2002, 05:45 PM

Yeah, you suddenly sound all sexy and intelligent.

I dunno why that is...

pffft!!

that is all!