PDA

View Full Version : squat pain

jbrin0tk
02-07-2008, 03:12 PM
In the last couple weeks I've been squatting with a wider stance, and I've started to experience some pain in my groin area from it. It's not a normal weightlifting pain, but I only feel it when I am squatting. Otherwise, during normal everyday activities, I feel fine. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? Thanks, guys.

brihead301
02-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Try squatting with a narrower stance again. I have the opposite problem. If I squat narrower, my knees start to bother me, so I have to stand a little wider. The squat is a very difficult lift to perform correctly. If it is done correctly though, it should be pain free.

jbrin0tk
02-07-2008, 05:31 PM
yea, I didn't feel the pain when I squatted with a more narrow stance. I guess I will give it a whirl tomorrow and see how I feel. Thanks for the advice, man.

Travis Bell
02-07-2008, 06:04 PM
do you have a belt as well?

elitepler
02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
pretty normal when moving your stance out to quickly. You need to slowly move your stance out over a matter of weeks. I was a fairly close stance squatter even in my first suit. I had to really work to move my stance out. I had alot of pain in my hips and groin in the beginning. Just take your time, when you get used to it you will find much more power using the hips.