PDA

View Full Version : Chest falling behind due to nutrition?

FREAKZILLA
02-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Hello all,

I just got back from the gym and today was Chest and Bicep day. The whole time I was training chest I felt soooo weak, even 135 was heavy for me, I could only belt out 6 reps of 4 sets. I felt like there was very little blood flow hitting the chest and I could not get going no matter what. I warmed up on the tread for 10 minutes, then I warmed my chest up on the peck deck with only 40lbs for 30 reps. My blood was flowing but I could not get a good pump in my chest.

My question is, could this be related to my preworkout meal? I ate at about an hour and thirty before my workout. My meal was

1 cup oats
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup 1% Milk
1 tbsp diced walnuts
1 tbsp honey
and 1 scoop of On's Any Whey

My chest routine is this:

Incline DB Press 4X 10-12

Bench Press 4X 10-12

Db Flyes 4X 10-12

Cable Cross Overs 3 X 15 -20 (moderate weight)

Slim Schaedle
02-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Were your carbs lower the previous day(s) ?

FREAKZILLA
02-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes, My wife and I had a busy day so did not go shopping until last night. My cupboards were bare, my carbs basically all came from veggies. Other than my morning meal which was also oatmeal.

arnoldsclone
02-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Yes, My wife and I had a busy day so did not go shopping until last night. My cupboards were bare, my carbs basically all came from veggies. Other than my morning meal which was also oatmeal.

there's your issue then, you should eat some simple carbs prior to lifting, like a banana or a juice, or a soda......

Slim Schaedle
02-07-2008, 03:47 PM

Then your glycogen storage was low and would explain the lack of a pump.

FREAKZILLA
02-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Then your glycogen storage was low and would explain the lack of a pump.

OOh ok cool. Tommorrow back day, and so far today I have had a good balance of carbs and protein, and fats. I am sure tommorrow will be better.

kcurrin
02-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Carb it up!