PDA

View Full Version : Post Workout Shake made me sick.

Brad263
02-07-2008, 03:33 PM
I read about how your supposed to put dextrose into your post workout shakes to create a insulin spike. Like 60 grams. So I got some sports drink powder stuff from the suppliment store. In each serving it had 60 grams of dextrose like your supposed to. I mixed it with my whey and drank it. It made me feel sick and I got tired and dizzy and wanted to take a nap but wanted to puke at the same time. Is this normal when you drink that much dextrose? Is there something I can eat like maybe a few tablespoons of honey or a banana or something that can get me this in a natural way. Or is there a cheap suppliment out there that will handle it for me. Also my appetite was ruined for the rest of the night, so I would rather skip the shake then skip a important meal. Any ideas.

MrWebb78
02-07-2008, 05:33 PM
I've noticed that sometimes trying things out of the norm can make me puke. Try building up to the 60 gram serving. Start with half that and see if it is any better, then build up to 60 over a couple days.

I think it was years ago when i tried cell-tech it had the same result. Nausea and puking afterwards the first couple times. Could have been the excessive sugars, could have been cause it was cell-tech.

Brad263
02-08-2008, 05:49 AM
I was thinking cranberry juice has 30 grams of carbs per serving, what if I mix my whey in 2 servings of cranberry juice? Hawaiian punch or really any sugary cheap drink would probably work too since the carb level is around 30 per serving anyone do that? I am thinking it might just be the suppliment I tried to get my carbs from since I know for a fact these natural forms of carbs have never gotten me sick.

dpdd
02-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Throw some rice krispies in your whey with milk.

kevowamo
02-08-2008, 07:00 AM
yum, rice krispies in the shake sounds pretty good!

Lones Green
02-08-2008, 07:43 AM
you don't have this problem with waxy maize...its still cheap, give it a try

Brad263
02-08-2008, 08:42 AM
you don't have this problem with waxy maize...its still cheap, give it a try

Only problem is I can't find that near me and I don't like ordering suppliments online its usually not cheap to ship. I can get this local though anyone ever use it?

http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=itemdetail&item_id=14793

caseymajor
02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
I would say best bet would be just cutting it in half and just taking 30grams and try building your tolerance up to 60grams. I had the same problem when I was in high school taking a certain creatine that was out. Good luck

kcurrin
02-08-2008, 01:30 PM
I agree with caseymajor, try to build up your tolerance.

CrazyK
02-08-2008, 01:38 PM
A lot of sugar and/or salts at once when not accustomed to it will make you feel very queezy. Try pounding a lot of McD's after not eating it for a year. :tuttut:

Brad263
02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks for all the help guys I am going to try Waxy Maize like LonesXedge suggested. I read this thread which got me really excited. Now I can't wait to try it.
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=106279&highlight=waxy+maize