PDA

View Full Version : Strength through perseverance..

Bullshark
02-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Monday will be day 1 of Wbb 1.1...

Stats:
Sex: Male
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 185lbs (BF is prob ~20-25%)

Training history:

Wrestled in high school.
Serious weight training for about a year after that. Did all the WBB routines.. pretty successfully..
About 6 months of MMA (Boxing, Brazilian JiuJitsu, Wrestling, etc...)
Consistently inconsistent in my training after that. One month on two or three off, diet on for a week, three weeks off.. Very much yo-yo..

Goals:

Short term: Stop being fat (cruise in 3 weeks)..
Long term: Stop being fat, be strong like bull again..

Plan:
Wbb 1.1 and be in the gym doing SOMETHING 6 days/week. Four days on Wbb1.1, the other two will be some sort of cardio training. I find when I take days off, I don't go back..

Wish me luck..

:outnumber: :ninja:

Bullshark
02-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Diet so far:

Breakfast:
3 eggs
1 protein shake
I cup OJ

Mid morning:
8 protein wafers

Lunch:
2 scoops protein shake
12 almonds

**TOO long break in btwn lunch and next meal**

Before dinner:
10 more almonds (****in starving, ready to eat really ****ty food.)

Dinner:
1 large chicken breast
1 mozzarella stick from applebees (looked so damn delicious)

Goal for this coming week: FIX THE DIET..

Shopping list for Sunday:
1. Lots of chicken breast
2. Brown Rice
3. Natty PB
4. Sweet Potatoes
5. Cashews and Almonds
6. Flax oil
7. Steam Fresh Vegetables

More as I think of them..

Bullshark
02-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Diet 2/9/08

Breakfast:
2 eggs scrambled (w/small amount of ketchup)
2 scoop protein shake w/water
1 Cup oj

Mid-day:
1/2 grilled chicken breast (small amount of ketchup)

Lunch:
Brown rice (little butter) (Need a protein element here)

Dinner:
Steak in some kinda marinade, half sweet potato, small piece of garlic bread

Desert:
Fat/Sugar Free strawberry jello with fat free whipped cream.

Shopping list completed..

dynamo
02-10-2008, 12:16 PM
when are you getting back in the gym?

Bullshark
02-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Tomorrow after work.. Wbb 1.1.. Why?

Bullshark
02-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Diet

Breakfast:
2 eggs
1 scoop protein with water
1 cup oj

Mid morning
20 almonds
12 power food wafers

Lunch:
Brown rice with butter
Grilled chicken breast

Mid-afternoon:
20 almonds
*Must add protein shake or bar here, I cant stomach 12 more of those wafers*

Pre-Workout:
Kinda f'ed up on my pre-workout meal. I came home and had piece of whole wheat bread. Then I look on the stove and there is a tremendo pot of pastina.. So I had a bowl :(.. What can I say, I'm mentally weak. So to remedy this, I'm going to have my pre-workout shake AFTER my work out, and an hour later I'm just gonna have some chicken and forget the sweet potato to make up for the extra carbs from the pastina..

Post-Workout:
1 scoop protein in water

Dinner:
Half grilled chicken breast
3 fruit flats (DELICIOUS)

Goal for tomorrow:
Work in ANOTHER protein shake in place of the second set of 12 power food wafers. Also, work a vegetable in to the day somewhere. I have a mental block on vegetables. I find them horrifyingly disgusting. For the most part anyway. Try to exercise a little more willpower when it comes around to dinner time and there is delicious food made on the stove..

Training:
Really liking Wbb 1.1 so far. Today was first day training legs in a few months, so I took it easy and for the sake of being able to move the next time legs come around (2 days) I cut it from 6 sets, to 3. I think I'll do that for the rest of this week on the lower body workouts so I don't hurt myself. Upper body I can probably handle doing 6 sets. I really like the wood chops and the planks. I'm looking forward to utilizing the core strengthening parts of the routine. Something that I'm not used to dedicating specific exercises to.

Tomorrow is day 2 of Wbb 1.1. Looking forward to it.

As a side note, I have been feeling a little weak since adjusting my diet. Not sure if this is a side effect I'll have to deal with since I'm cutting cals to lose fat, or if this is bad and I should intake more cals.

Bullshark
02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Wbb 1.1 day two tomorrow..

dynamo
02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
hows wbb 1.1 going for you? I'm doing wbb 1 and i've had great results.

Bullshark
02-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, day 1 went well.. Ill let ya know in a couple of weeks when I start seeing results. I did WBB 1 also some time ago, had great results with it also.

Bullshark
02-12-2008, 11:00 AM
2/12/08

Diet:

Breakfast:
2 eggs
1 protein shake
1 cup oj

Mid morning:
12 power food wafers
10 almonds

Lunch:
1 cup brown rice w/butter
1/2 grilled chicken breast

Mid-Day (Pre-Workout):
10 Almonds
1 Scoop protein in water
1 slice whole wheat bread
3 slices think sliced american cheese

Post-Workout (Dinner)
1 rotisserie chicken breast
1/2 sweet potato
4 teaspoons natty PB
5 or 6 slices of American Cheese (sliced thin)
1 fat/sugar free jello with fat/sugar free whip cream

Thoughts:
Did great all day but what ***** happens at night? I fall victim to my cravings almost nightly. Last night was Pastina, tonight was american cheese. AMERICAN CHEESE! It's not even THATTT good, nothing worth cheating for I would say. These little things have to be ironed out, they are gonna ***** everything up. Anyway, on another note loving the lunch meal. By far my fav of the day.

Training:

Did day 2 of Wbb 1.1.. Felt great actually. I expected a little more out of my shoulders, but that will get better. They always start off weak and then catch up pretty quickly when consistency comes. Honestly, from what it feels like so far, my lack of calories is affecting my strength a little bit. I just don't have the "oomph" that I normally have when I eat a ton. I was able to get 6 sets from each exercise, unlike with legs yesterday, although 6 sets will take some adjusting. By the 6th set my muscles are screaming.

Feelin good, looking forward to my day off tomorrow. My legs are barely supporting my body weight after yesterdays workout and DOMS like crazzzzzyyy.. A good day off will serve well.. Also looking forward for the AtLarge stuff to get here. Hoping that will help with recovery..

Bullshark
02-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Day off tomorrow..NICEEE

Bullshark
02-14-2008, 07:57 AM
2/13/08

Diet:

Breakfast:
2 eggs
1 scoop protein in water
1 cup oj

Mid morning
10 almonds
12 power food wafers

Lunch
1 cup cooked brown rice with butter

Mid day
10 almonds
1 scoop protein in water

Dinner
1 piece rotisserie chicken
1 half sweet potato
1 jello with whip cream fat and sugar free

Day went ok. Got my atlarge order! Woot! Starting ETS tonight. The rest tomorrow.

Bullshark
02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
2/14/08

Diet:

Breakfast:
2 eggs
1 scoop protein in water
1 cup oj
4 ETS pills
2 Thermocin pills
1 Multi

Mid-morning:
10 almonds
12 power wafers

Lunch:
1 cup brown rice w/butter
1 multi
2 thermocin

Mid-day:
10 almonds

Dinner (Pre-workout):
Ugh... My mom made me and g/f a "special" valentines day dinner. So I ate 6 of the most delicious homeade cheese raviolis and one chocolate dipped strawberry.

Post-workout:
1 scoop protein
1 teaspoon of Creatine
1 Multi
4 ETS

Overall:
Did fabulous all day until mom ruined it and brought on the guilt. Feel like it didnt hurt me though. I'm right back on track, and ready to keep going. If Thermocin keeps me feeling the way it did today, whoa man I love the stuff. I was cranked all day.. Happy, raring to go at work and not so much jittery. I can't tell if its the ETS or what, but from last night when I went to bed barely able to move my legs, I woke up significantly less sore, almost not at all. NIIIICCEEE.

Training:
Wbb1.1 day 3

No leg soreness. Did surprisingly well with deadlifts (again, ETS? not sure). Holy freaking step ups batman. For something I previously thought to be a ladies exercise it sure kicked my ass. By the time I did 8 reps on each leg I felt like I sprinted a mile. I had to wait longer than a minute between sets on that one. I pretty much went at a turtles pace. And during the exercise I felt if I did the reps MUCH slower, I felt it more in my legs and less in my lungs. The rest of the exercises went well. Not sure where I'm supposed to be feeling the pull throughs, they killed the lower back but they may be a leg exercise.. HAHA.. Walk outs hit me harder in the lungs than in the abdomen or back. Overall, kick ass workout, very challenging, keeps heart rate up and the routine interesting. Good job Maki..

Bullshark
02-14-2008, 07:03 PM
wbb 1.1 Day 4 tomorrow..

Bullshark
02-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Yesterday and todays diet pretty much mirrored the last one i posted (with the exception of dinner, which I have been eating chicken and sweet potato) so I'm not typing it all over again.

As for the training, my homeboys wife had their baby so last night i went to the hospital to see them and put the gym off until today to comply with visiting hours. Tonight is Wbb1.1 day 4, and monday will be back on schedule with the days. Thermocin is great, its taking care of a lot of my hunger and I got on the scale this morning and recieved some good news..

Wbb1.1 day 4. Wow, what a terrible day in the gym today was. Felt totally weak and drawn out. My lower back is still sore. Strength was not there and nothing was grooving. I'll do a lot of relaxing tomorrow and hopefully I'll be good to go on Monday. Disappointing..

Bullshark
02-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Today is Sunday, and i have my cousins 1st birthday party. Tonight I'll have to eat dinner with everyone else, I cant request a special menu for me so I'm gonna do my best to keep my calories down during the day so I can eat dinner. Italians love carbs, so ill be eating pasta and meatballs and everything that goes along with it. Portion size will be kept to a minimum, but damn its so good.. lol... Back on track tomorrow with the regular diet..

Diet:

Breakfast:
2 eggs
1 cup oj
3 thermocin
4 ETC
1 multi

Lunch/Mid-day:
2 piece bread w/butter
1 cup reg soda
3 forks of baked ziti

Bout to make a protein shake with water and one scoop creatine, 3 thermocin and a multi..That should be it until dinner..Which will most likely be healthy..

Bullshark
02-17-2008, 07:55 PM
WOOT! ****ty Sunday, but PSYCHED to start the day tomorrow.. Will NOT have a bad day at the gym like Saturday.

Bullshark
02-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Diet

Breakfast:
2 eggs
1 protein scoop in water with creatine
1 cup oj
3 thermocin
4 ETS
1 multi

Mid day:
12 power food wafers
10 almonds

Lunch:
1 cup brown rice (no butter)
3 thermocin
1 multi

Mid-day:
1 protein shake in water
10 almonds

Pre-Workout:
1 slice whole wheat
1 teaspoon natty PB (YUMMM)
2 Flat Fruits (fantastic)

Dinner:
Nothing yet..

Training:
Wbb1.1 Day 1 - Good workout.. Followed the directions of the body and advice on the board to chill out a little bit due to pain and jumping back into it from a stand still. Limited leg exercises to 3 sets instead of 6 and I only stretched my back using the bar for the good mornings (ANY type of bending over gives me a serious amount of pain, so I'll be waiting until I can comfortably move again before I start the lower back work)..Same thing with the planks. I feel like front squats force me to keep better form that rear squats which is fantastic. Did the speed bag for my entire minute rest period at a pretty blistering pace so that helped keep my heart rate up longer which is also good. Overall better day/mind state than saturday but still needing improvement..

Killa Kurt
02-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Get some V8s for vegetables.

Bullshark
02-18-2008, 03:25 PM
have you tried that new V8? Its supposed to be fruit and vege's but you only taste the veges. I havent tried it, but I would be willing to give it a go..