PDA

View Full Version : My Cut

Aslin
02-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Ok bear with me..

I've almost finished putting together my diet but i have a problem. I've used up all my calories on carb and protein, and i've not got enough left for fat otherwise i'll go over my maintainance calories

Here's my diet:

Meal 1 Oatmeal + Protein shake

Meal 2 whole meal sandwich

Meal 3 Tuna + Pasta

Meal 4 (pre workout) Protein Shake

Meal 5 2 chicken breasts with veggies

Meal 6 Protein Shake

Meal 7 Oatmeal

Calories = 1820

Carbs = 150g

Protein = 220g

fat= 5g?

see, my LBM is 157lbs

so 157 * 12 = 1884

1884 is my maintainance calories right? So i dont have enough room in my diet to include any fats!?

Should i increase fats to what i should be eating (78.2g per day) and add another 500 cals to my diet and see what happens?

Thanks.

T FLEX
02-09-2008, 07:37 PM
edit

Aslin
02-11-2008, 11:51 AM
i'm also doing cardio 3 times per week burning roughly 600 cals each time but i dont account for the extra calorie defecit in my diet, i just assume that that will accelerate fat-loss....

Or is the cardio bad because i'm already below maintanance and its taking off muscle??

nathan183
02-11-2008, 12:38 PM
This seems relatively simple. Do more cardio, eat more fat. As long as you're lifting, muscle loss should be minimal.

Unreal
02-11-2008, 01:02 PM
First of all you can't use a calculator to detemine maintenence.

Fill out your protein and fats first, then add carbs. You need to lower your carbs if you are only going to get 1800 cals a day and still get your protein and fat in.

BBB
02-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Yep. Meet your protein and fat requirements first. Any cut in calories has to come from carbs.

bjohnso
02-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Wait...what? You're only eating 1800Cal a day? I think you are supposed to multiply your whole bodyweight by the constant to get a ballpark maintenance calorie figure. Am I wrong? I've seen your pics, you ain't that small.

02-12-2008, 12:02 AM
what are your goals?
you said that you are trying to eat matinence so if your eating matinencte that would mean your not trying to gain or lose just stay where you are
but for some reason im guessing thats not your goal

Aslin
02-12-2008, 09:21 AM
i'm actually eating about 50 calories below maintainance daily, i mean that number i worked out probably is nowhere near my REAL maintainance, i've just found that eating that amount gives me a steady weight loss and seems to help me lose the BF% I've only been really sticking to this diet the past month anyway..

Cheers for the advice, I think i'm gonna buy a load of peanut butter and cut 1 load of oatmeal out of my diet.

Would anyone recommend those electronic scales where i can measure my weight/bodyfat etc.... Thanks again for the advice, seriously

Unreal
02-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Electronic scales for BF aren't accurate. Don't waste your money.

50 calories below maintence is nothing. You can't even track close enough to get a accurate 50 calorie deficit. If your losing weight it is a lot more then 50 cals below maintence.

Aslin
02-13-2008, 09:09 AM
yeah you're probably right, i mentioned that in my previous post if you'd have bothered to read all of it.

welll its working, that's all i'm worried about, i just wanna make sure the muscle is staying.

SMK41
02-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Electronic scales for BF aren't accurate. Don't waste your money.

50 calories below maintence is nothing. You can't even track close enough to get a accurate 50 calorie deficit. If your losing weight it is a lot more then 50 cals below maintence.

I think scales that check BF are actually pretty accurate, but you have to use them under the right conditions. They run a current through your body to measure your impedance and make calculations based off that. You just need to understand that the amount of water you have in your body can effect your measurements. As long as you use it under consistent conditions (same time of day, with roughly the same hydration) you can get reliable results to track your progress. Even if the BF number is a little off, as long as you use the scale consistently you can at least track if your BF is going up or down along with your weight. For instance maybe the scale says you are 15% but you are actually 13%. If the next week the scale says 14.5% you at least know that you are making progress.