PDA

View Full Version : spaghetti with tuna

j8715
02-10-2008, 07:33 PM
man I've read some terrible recipes on this site. . . you've given me great weight lifting advice so I think I should return the favor a give you some cooking advice. This recipe is basically white clam sauce, but made with tuna in place of the clams because fresh clams are quite a bit of work and canned are tough like rubber.

Ingredients:
1 can tuna in water
2 cloves garlic (actual garlic, not that crap rotting in a jar, not garlic powder)
a lot of extra virgin olive oil
grated parm or maybe pecorino romano
dried chili flakes
dry pasta, i like spaghetti with this sauce but you can do as you please
alittle white wine

Cook the garlic very slow in the oil until its a light golden brown. SLOW, don't burn the garlic or you are f'd. Throw it out and start over. Drain tuna, save the liquid. Add tuna and chili flakes to the pan of oil and garlic. Add the drained cooked pasta after the tuna is warmed through. Add a few spoons of the tuna liquid and the white wine, sprinkle with the cheese. Toss and EAT!

this meal takes about 20 minutes (in your face rachel ray)

plateaufivebia
02-10-2008, 08:54 PM
i made something very similar but it did not turn out well. sounds bomb tho

j8715
02-11-2008, 03:43 PM
What did you do differently?

bigmoney
02-11-2008, 04:20 PM
I've done something similar, just noodles, tuna and lots of cheese. Its not bad- kind of like a tuna noodle casserole.

j8715
02-11-2008, 06:06 PM
no. casserole is the leg press of cooking.

dividend
03-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Tuna with spaghetti sounds like an interesting combination. Although I don't think it's for me.