PDA

View Full Version : Mens Health 30 Best Gyms in America

WILD BILL
02-11-2008, 12:54 AM
Super Training in Sacramento,Ca was Voted one of the 30 Best Gyms in America By Men's Health

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=fi...

Stumprrp
02-11-2008, 11:49 AM
nice, mens health seems to be a pretty good magazine compared to flex and stuff.

chris mason
02-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Link not working?

Chris

Guido
02-11-2008, 01:46 PM
^ I can't see it either.

Ben Moore
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I saw that from another site. Very cool! Seems like a running theme going through there of athletic training.

Ben Moore
02-11-2008, 02:38 PM
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=fitness&category=muscle.building&topic=total.body&conitem=955969d02fbe7110VgnVCM20000012281eac____

brihead301
02-11-2008, 02:43 PM
nice, mens health seems to be a pretty good magazine compared to flex and stuff.

I agree. Men's health is a great magazine. Alwyn Cosgrove is one of the editors, so that says a lot right there. I never really read any of those muscle magazines though, and I don't plan to.

Guido
02-11-2008, 02:44 PM
That's better. Nice article!

Travis Bell
02-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Westside Rules!

lots of PL gyms on there. Cool

chris mason
02-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Yep, great to see strength training well represented in the national media.

Chris

Mike G
02-11-2008, 03:16 PM

Not even a comparison. Mens Health has started to focus a lot more on strength gains, athletic conditioning and general health over the last few years. I've read a bunch of articles recently about strength training and studies backing what they say (leg drive, arch, stance for squat...). It's a pretty good magazine, especially considering the competition.

Pretty cool they have a bunch of powerlifting gyms on there. Looks like a really good list.

vdizenzo
02-11-2008, 07:46 PM
I agree. Men's health is a great magazine. Alwyn Cosgrove is one of the editors, so that says a lot right there. I never really read any of those muscle magazines though, and I don't plan to.

Alwyn is one of the funniest people I have ever met. I got to hang out with him a few days up in Boston. There are about 4 hours of tape of me, Alwyn, Wendler, Tate, and Rhodes hanging out drinking that will never see the light of day. It certainly will never make it on the EliteFTS site.

cphafner
02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Good to see some powerlifting gyms on there. I'd put Bev Francis Powerhouse up against any gym in the country (non powerlifting). Amazing motivating. Old school. Separate leg room. IFBB pros and top amateurs walking around. Awesome

joey54
02-11-2008, 08:01 PM
I picked up one this past fall to read about LT's workouts. I was pleasantly surprised with how good the information was in it.

chris mason
02-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I know they went out of their way to check with the strength training community. They contacted me about what gyms I liked and I recommended several (some of which are on the list). They are a really good group over there and I would love for the Wbb community to support them by buying the magazine. I always want to support those that support the sport I love!

Chris

Rusty
02-11-2008, 09:34 PM
There are about 4 hours of tape of me, Alwyn, Wendler, Tate, and Rhodes hanging out drinking that will never see the light of day. It certainly will never make it on the EliteFTS site.

I would pay good money to see those tapes!

Guido
02-12-2008, 10:15 AM
It's a great list but they are missing two really good gyms on there.

Brute Strength Gym in Norfolk, VA which has everything you can imagine under one roof for powerlifting and strongman. http://www.brutestrengthgym.com/Pages/brute.html

and Quads Gym in Chicago, IL which also has great powerlifting equipment and where you can train with none other than the great Ed Coan, who is a co-owner of the gym, among others.
http://www.quadsgym.com/

Stew
02-13-2008, 11:42 AM
I was suprised that the first gym listed (Bullet Gym, Missoula, MT) happens to be where I live. I'd heard of the name before but never checked it out. I'll have to do it sometime. Currently in school so I lift at our rec center, which actually has 2 deadlift platforms, amazingly enough.