PDA

View Full Version : Metabolism potentially screwing me over

ProLogic
02-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Its been a while since I've been on here.. since I bought my first Maximus weight gain. I've been drinking one or two shakes a day but then stopped for a month. I put down roughly 3000 calories every day, and about 4000 on weekends. However, most of these calories are put down between 12-5pm, I don't usually each much for breakfast because I'm literally not hungry, and when I try to shove food in my mouth it doesn't work. My question is, is it my fast metabolism?

deeder
02-12-2008, 11:52 PM
No, you're not eating enough... I'm cutting on about 3200 cals right now.

el_Mariachi
02-13-2008, 07:58 PM
No, you're not eating enough... I'm cutting on about 3200 cals right now.

Agreed. If I could put on weight, I don't believe there's anyone out there who can't. I'll have to put up some pictures of me a couple years ago sometime for illustrative purposes -- I was skeletal. Anyway, try for about another 1k a day for a few weeks and see what happens, and also just keep searching till you can find calories that appeal to you in the morning, there's gotta be something.

I have to eat 4500-5000 calories a day by the way.

ProLogic
02-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Agreed. If I could put on weight, I don't believe there's anyone out there who can't. I'll have to put up some pictures of me a couple years ago sometime for illustrative purposes -- I was skeletal. Anyway, try for about another 1k a day for a few weeks and see what happens, and also just keep searching till you can find calories that appeal to you in the morning, there's gotta be something.

I have to eat 4500-5000 calories a day by the way.

If your skeletal that I'm positive I'm a skeletal 6 year old compared to you.

T FLEX
02-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Of course the obvious recommendation is to eat consistently throughout the day so your body has a regular supply of fuel. So based on your following comment that is something you may want to adjust.

...However, most of these calories are put down between 12-5pm...

This brings up a question I have often wondered and I may have just answered it myself. If a person can gain weight on a 3000k cal diet eating 5 times a day would they experience the same results from eating the same amount of cal but only eating say 1 time each day? :confused:

This may have something to do with you not seeing results. Maybe someone can chime in here and answer that question. If the answer is NO then that would be the first thing to try changing because I'd guess that may have something to do with it. I can't imagine someone as skinny as you say you are not being able to gain weight on a 3-4K cal diet.

BBB
02-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Meal frequency has very little if anything to do with gaining/losing weight.

McIrish
02-15-2008, 04:27 PM

But it may have some effect on body composition, right? Heck, I'd wager that most of us are more concerned with the relatives of bodybuilding (bodyfat, body appearance?) than we are with the absolutes (weight).

Of course, I'll concede that some people care solely about what the scale says.

nzk
02-15-2008, 04:33 PM

but it does have a lot to do with gaining muscle...