PDA

View Full Version : Maximus

Blade55
02-13-2008, 02:41 PM
The taste is great, but 5 rounded scoops is very, very thick using a blender. Mixing it with 2 cups of milk is like pudding. I then tried with 2 cups of water and it's still really thick. What am I missing here?

JDaws
02-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah 5 scoops is pretty thick...sometimes I'll just mix up 2.5 scoops with 2 cups of milk then later make the other 2.5 scoops

Lones Green
02-13-2008, 04:14 PM
more liquid will make it thinner.

ProLogic
02-13-2008, 04:49 PM
I do 3 scoops of vanilla.

caseymajor
02-13-2008, 05:30 PM
I do the same as JDaws, I take 2.5 scoops and then 2.5 later in the day. It does get pretty thick when you do 5 straight scoops. It is kinda like desert though:)

Blade55
02-13-2008, 05:32 PM
I guess I'll do the 2.5 twice a day thing. It's just too hard to get down with 5 scoops. It's like chocolate pudding.

Although the taste is amazing, I'm really regretting buying this. I'm going back to my homemade shakes(1300 calories down with ease).

chris mason
02-13-2008, 08:38 PM
This kind of stuff drives me NUTS!

If it is too thick ADD SOME LIQUID!!!

Seriously, it is very easy to control for consistency with added liquid.

JDaws
02-14-2008, 10:40 AM
I find it never hurts to add more milk...just more protein!

JDaws
02-14-2008, 10:45 AM
And don't regret buying it because 5 scoops is thick....simple solution...don't mix all 5 at once...done.

chris mason
02-14-2008, 10:48 AM
And don't regret buying it because 5 scoops is thick....simple solution...don't mix all 5 at once...done.

:thumbup:

Cirino83
02-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I guess I'll do the 2.5 twice a day thing. It's just too hard to get down with 5 scoops. It's like chocolate pudding.

Although the taste is amazing, I'm really regretting buying this. I'm going back to my homemade shakes(1300 calories down with ease).

if the taste is amazing why would you care how thick it is?

Blade55
02-14-2008, 11:37 AM

I didn't say I regret buying it because of the thickness. I regret buying it because I now realize my homemade shakes are far superior...cheaper, more calories, taste as good, etc. I guess that's the reason why the milk/whey/olive oil/oats/PB shake is like old faithful when it comes to shakes in bodybuilding.

Blade55
02-14-2008, 12:03 PM
This kind of stuff drives me NUTS!

If it is too thick ADD SOME LIQUID!!!

Seriously, it is very easy to control for consistency with added liquid.

Of course I added more liquid....almost 2 cups more than what is said to be added on the packaging. Do you know how filling 4 cups of liquid mixed with powder is? It's almost impossible for me to eat after drinking that I'm so bloated...which of course is defeating the purpose of a weightgainer shake. It's suppose to supplement your meals during the day, not eliminate meals you could be eating later in the day.

I'm going to split the serving size in half and drink that 4 times a day until the bucket is done. Just going to stick with Nitrean from AtLarge in my homemade shakes for gaining weight.

chris mason
02-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Of course I added more liquid....almost 2 cups more that was is said to be added on the packaging. Do you know how filling 4 cups of liquid mixed with powder is? It's almost impossible for me to eat after drinking that I'm so bloated...which of course is defeating the purpose of a weightgainer shake. It's suppose to supplement your meals during the day, not eliminate meals you could be eating later in the day.

I'm going to split the serving size in half and drink that 4 times a day until the bucket is done. Just going to stick with Nitrean in my shakes.

Right, and you a missing a VERY important point. You need to expand your stomach if you are ever going to gain weight in the manner you are seeking. The reason so many young men claim they cannot gain weight is that they don't get they need to make themselves uncomfortable and expand their stomachs so that they CAN consume sufficient calories.

In the end, you either want it or you don't. You have to make some sacrifices to get what you want in any life endeavor. In the case of gaining weight it is sucking up the "bloated" feeling you get and pushing yourself a bit so that your body adapts and lets you consume what you need to consume.

I did it when I was young and was able to get quite big and strong. Prior to doing so I could not eclipse 180 lbs...

Blade55
02-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Well, I've gone from 129 pounds to close to 180 since last year with the old shake recipe. I wanted to change things up a bit which is why I tried Maximus...I guess you shouldn't fix what isn't broke.

I use Nitrean for my whey so I'll continue to support AtLarge. :)

chris mason
02-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Well, I've gone from 129 pounds to close to 180 since last year with the old shake recipe. I wanted to change things up a bit which is why I tried Maximus...I guess you shouldn't fix what isn't broke.

I use Nitrean for my whey so I'll continue to support AtLarge. :)

We appreciate the support.

You still want to be bigger, no? If not, you would not be consuming such shakes. My point is still valid to that end whether you use MAXIMUS or not and I hope you consider it.

Blade55
02-14-2008, 02:34 PM
We appreciate the support.

You still want to be bigger, no? If not, you would not be consuming such shakes. My point is still valid to that end whether you use MAXIMUS or not and I hope you consider it.

Yes, still want to get bigger. The whey/milk/PB/oats/olive oil shake is great for gaining weight, from my experience. I should just stick to what works for me.

Travis Bell
02-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Chris is right man, you have to eat until you're very uncomfortable

honestly, I'd rather eat more of a shake than have olive oil and oats in my shake but that is purely opinion. The point is to gain weight you have to eat and eat and then eat some more. I couldn't get past 190lbs for ever and ever until I was willing to force eat every two hours. Now I'm 250lbs.

You've just gotta take a deep breath and suck all the food down

Lones Green
02-14-2008, 03:32 PM
the same as chris and travis said! eat until you feel like you're going to throw up. then eat more. once you stretch your stomach out its easy! what i used to do with maximus is put it in 2 shakers, and drink one of them right after my workout, and sip the other one on the way home.

Blade55
02-14-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't have any problems whatsoever with gaining weight...in fact at one point I was gaining way too fast and had to cut back.

PhilsterT
02-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I mix 4 scoops with 16 oz of water and it's not thick at all.

chris mason
02-14-2008, 08:30 PM
I mix 4 scoops with 16 oz of water and it's not thick at all.

I completely agree. I have never thought it mixed thickly, but everyone has their own perceptions of matters.