PDA

View Full Version : Nitrean etc.

chris mason
02-15-2008, 07:09 AM
I was on the phone last night with a fellow looking to lose about 60 lbs of body fat in order to get into the police academy.

To make a long story short he is on a very limited budget and asked if he should just get Nitrean (this was after we discussed diet and training for some time).

His question, and the posts I see all around the net made me realize that people somehow think protein is more of an ergogen than it really is. Protein is definitely a staple supplement that should be used by just about anyone who exercises with intensity, but the use of protein by itself is not the optimal way to supplment for your goal. Protein supports what you do in the gym by providing your body the building blocks it needs for repair and potential lean muscle tissue growth. It is important, but it can be derived from the diet. Protein supplementation is something that should be viewed as an adjunct to a sound diet.

Taking a protein supplement will not make you lose body fat. In fact, protein has calories. A protein supplement CAN be used as part of a fat loss diet simply because it is the lowest caloric source of protein that you can consume (a protein only product). In that way, it is a very smart inclusion so that you can be assured you are taking in sufficient protein while on a hypo-caloric diet.

Does this all make sense so far?

Ok, now, he was on a limited budget. I told him that if he wants to lose fat and is on a limited budget he should get either Thermocin or Nitor.

Why?

Both products will have a DIRECT effect on enhancing the amount of fat his body "burns" on a daily basis. In addition, both products will provide increased energy at at time when you will feel low in energy. Finally, both products (and this is VERY important) will help to curb your appetite. These effects are a DIRECT benefit to your fat loss goal. They should rank first in importance when it comes to considering a supplement for fat loss.

So, ranked in order of importance for fat loss:

1) Thermocin or Nitor or another brand's thermogenic
2) Ergogens such as Creatine 500, Creatine Caps, RESULTS, and ETS
3) Protein supplements such as Nitrean or Opticen (Opticen strictly for PWO purposes in the case of fat loss)
4) Health products like AtLarge's Fish Oil and Multi-Plus

How about for increased size and strength? The same idea holds true. Ranked in order of importance:

1) Ergogens like RESULTS, ETS, Creatine 500, or Creatine Caps
2) Protein products like MAXIMUS (first in importance if increased size is your goal), Opticen, and Nitrean
3) Health products such as AtLarge's Fish Oil and Multi-Plus

Protein supplementation when trying to gain size and strength can be VERY important because so many individuals have trouble consuming sufficient total calories and protein to fuel said growth.

When considering spending your money on supplements you should do so based upon your goals and the order of importance listed above. Each product has a benefit, and if you want to optimize results and have the money you should consider them all, but if your budget is limited consider the lists above.

I truly hope everyone on this site reads and understands what I am saying in this thread. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Chris Mason

Lones Green
02-15-2008, 07:56 AM
nice post chris. very well put.

Travis Bell
02-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Good post Chris. I have run into that myself and been confused as to why people think it will cause them to lose weight when they are using it in addition to their diet

HP666
02-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Excellent post Chris.

TKisner
02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
I just want to clarify when you say Nitor is better than Nitrean for weight loss. What if the nitrean was not for diet supplementation, but was in fact your diet. I am looking to lose around 20lbs, and was going to go on a nitrean diet.

90kg_pwrlftr
02-15-2008, 12:44 PM
IMO its not a good idea to use a 'supplement' as your source for food. Are you thinking of a short term liquid diet to lose weight?

Travis Bell
02-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Opticen is formed as a meal replacement, but it still shouldn't be all three meals. Maybe one meal? Chris would know better than I or Sam would too. The reason he said Nitor is because that is a pill that you take that will have a direct correlation to your metabolism, which will help you burn the fat off

chris mason
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
I just want to clarify when you say Nitor is better than Nitrean for weight loss. What if the nitrean was not for diet supplementation, but was in fact your diet. I am looking to lose around 20lbs, and was going to go on a nitrean diet.'

Sure, read the part where I mentioned that a protein supplement like Nitrean can be effective based upon the fact it is a low cal source of quality protein.

Don't misunderstand the post, the point was to put your money where it makes the most sense if your budget is limited.

Lol, heck, I should just post that everyone NEEDS every supplement they sell!

:thumbup:

Ahhh well, honesty is a burden sometimes...

Sensei
02-15-2008, 07:38 PM
How about for increased size and strength? The same idea holds true. Ranked in order of importance:

1) Ergogens like RESULTS, ETS, Creatine 500, or Creatine Caps
2) Protein products like MAXIMUS (first in importance if increased size is your goal), Opticen, and Nitrean
3) Health products such as AtLarge's Fish Oil and Multi-Plus

Protein supplementation when trying to gain size and strength can be VERY important because so many individuals have trouble consuming sufficient total calories and protein to fuel said growth.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you Chris, but if you're someone who has a tough time getting in that sufficient total protein, Nitrean will jump to #1 on your list IMHO. If you're already consuming enough, then I agree completely with what you have as written. Actually, my opinion is the same for multis as well - if you are deficient, it needs to be at the top of the list.

chris mason
02-15-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you Chris, but if you're someone who has a tough time getting in that sufficient total protein, Nitrean will jump to #1 on your list IMHO. If you're already consuming enough, then I agree completely with what you have as written. Actually, my opinion is the same for multis as well - if you are deficient, it needs to be at the top of the list.

I respect and agree with your opinion.

I just wanted to help people to prioritize their supplement $.

Chris

bjohnso
02-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Maybe they think it will help them hold onto lean mass while they are crash dieting.

chris mason
02-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Maybe they think it will help them hold onto lean mass while they are crash dieting.

Sure. I definitely think Nitrean is great for a low cal diet, just that if you had to choose Nitrean or say Thermocin for that purpose due to budget I would go with the Thermocin.

Chris