PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking to gain lean mass.. ..

4g64fiero
02-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Right now I work out 5 times a week, I isolate each of the major muscle groups when I work out. IE, I work out chest on Monday, back on Tuesday, shoulders on Wednesday, legs on Thursday, and arms on Friday. My ten rep max is 225 on bench and 275 on squats with no assistance or belt. I'm 5'10" and weigh 195. I do cardio 4-5 times week. My cardio consists of running about 2 miles as fast as I can(usually within 15 mins).

I dont really have too great of an idea of what I should be eating or what my calorie intake should be, I try to get around 80 grams of protein or more a day. I think I'm eating around 2000 calories a day right now. I just have no idea what I'm doing. I want to gain definition and lose weight while gaining some more strength. I want to have 10 % body fat and bench 315/squat405. What type of diet should I have, I'm in the dark here. Everything I eat is low in fat and high in protein. But it seems as I'm gaining about half a pound a week. I'd like to think its all muscle since I'm getting consistently stronger. I ussually eat all natural foods. Any suggestions are appreciated.

hintsas5
02-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Right now I work out 5 times a week, I isolate each of the major muscle groups when I work out. IE, I work out chest on Monday, back on Tuesday, shoulders on Wednesday, legs on Thursday, and arms on Friday. My ten rep max is 225 on bench and 275 on squats with no assistance or belt. I'm 5'10" and weigh 195. I do cardio 4-5 times week. My cardio consists of running about 2 miles as fast as I can(usually within 15 mins).

I dont really have too great of an idea of what I should be eating or what my calorie intake should be, I try to get around 80 grams of protein or more a day. I think I'm eating around 2000 calories a day right now. I just have no idea what I'm doing. I want to gain definition and lose weight while gaining some more strength. I want to have 10 % body fat and bench 315/squat405. What type of diet should I have, I'm in the dark here. Everything I eat is low in fat and high in protein. But it seems as I'm gaining about half a pound a week. I'd like to think its all muscle since I'm getting consistently stronger. I ussually eat all natural foods. Any suggestions are appreciated.

you are the strongest newbie i have ever seen or heard of.

Notorious
02-16-2008, 07:02 AM
You need waaaaay more than 80 grams of protein a day. Shoot for 200.

I also really doubt you're eating 2000 calories a day at 195 and gaining weight, but I guess it could be possible. Start tracking calories on fitday.com to see how much you eat. If you gain weight after a couple weeks, keep cutting down on calories until you start to lose weight.

If you really are 10%, you might also have trouble losing fat and might have to carb cycle.

Also, don't go for all low fat foods. Fat is good. You need fat. Go for about 100 grams a day.

(Your minimum intake for proteins/fats should be 1g/lb and .5g/lb)

Also, make HIIT your cardio of choice. Just don't overdo it.

Read this on cardio: http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=292

4g64fiero
02-16-2008, 09:38 AM
You need waaaaay more than 80 grams of protein a day. Shoot for 200.

I also really doubt you're eating 2000 calories a day at 195 and gaining weight, but I guess it could be possible. Start tracking calories on fitday.com to see how much you eat. If you gain weight after a couple weeks, keep cutting down on calories until you start to lose weight.

If you really are 10%, you might also have trouble losing fat and might have to carb cycle.

Also, don't go for all low fat foods. Fat is good. You need fat. Go for about 100 grams a day.

(Your minimum intake for proteins/fats should be 1g/lb and .5g/lb)

Also, make HIIT your cardio of choice. Just don't overdo it.

Read this on cardio:
I'm not at 10% BF yet, probably around 16%. I'm tracking my calories now, I eat more than 2000 calories on the weekends, probably about 3500. I'll definitely read that article before I post anymore though.

Thanks guys.