PDA

View Full Version : Food Delivery Diets?

PatheticJoe
02-16-2008, 06:54 PM
What's up with these new food delivery diets? I saw a commerical for another one today claiming huge weight losses and the food cooked in gourmet kitchen (yeah right). It seems really sad people are buying into this fad but I guess it's the nature of the diet craze in this country. Everyone seems to cycle through the fads looking for something to give them the body of their dreams just by throwing money at it.

Slim Schaedle
02-16-2008, 07:07 PM
What's up with these new food delivery diets? I saw a commerical for another one today claiming huge weight losses and the food cooked in gourmet kitchen (yeah right). It seems really sad people are buying into this fad but I guess it's the nature of the diet craze in this country. Everyone seems to cycle through the fads looking for something to give them the body of their dreams just by throwing money at it.

It's like Healthy Choice delivered to your door.

That's it.

PatheticJoe
02-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Eating Healthy Choice 3-4 times a day.......Yuk! This takes the cake as far as ridiculous diets are concerned.

DirtyRobot
02-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Actually I think more and more companies are coming out with healthier stuff than **** frozen dinner akin to "Health Choice"

For example, there's a company that's working with John Berardi that's putting together a plan for people that would deliver meals that are 10 habits compliant, which fits in with the Precision Nutrition plan he sells.

Then again, I think they're pretty expensive. Probably good if you're 40 years old and absolutely dedicated to a well paying career. For people like me... not so much. I'll just stick to my Costco extra lean beef patties, I suppose.

RinkerxX
02-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I had a friend that did the nutrisystems thing, and he lost about 60 lbs in 3 months. He said the food wasnt that bad it was just expensive.

PatheticJoe
02-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I had a friend that did the nutrisystems thing, and he lost about 60 lbs in 3 months. He said the food wasnt that bad it was just expensive.

Wow, I would never have thought it would be that effective. Did he exercise along with the diet? I guess maybe I'm wrong about this and if people have the money maybe it's the way to go.

Bupp
02-17-2008, 06:16 PM
The reason it works is that you don't have to make any decisions, you just eat what they tell you to eat when they tell you to eat it.

People who are really fat make poor food decisions so eliminating the need to make decisions really reduces the amount of willpower they need to stay on track.