chinaz
02-17-2008, 06:40 AM
http://mysite.verizon.net/resq2xvt/id19.html
go down to the 105.5 weight class

Hey guys,

well, yesterday was my 3rd meet,
i got in the 97.5-105.5 weight class. i weighed in as 102.4,
I got 1st place with a total of 595!
( my 1st meet which was a month ago, i got 530.)
( my 2nd meet which was 2 weeks ago i got 550.)
( my 3rd meet which was yesterday, i got 595.)

starter for squat was 210 - then 225 - then 240. It was pretty easy.
starter for dead lift was 205 - then 220 - then 235. Was also easy.
starter for bench was 100 - then 110 - then 120.

what do you guys think i should go for next?

I hope i can hit a total of 600lbs - 650lbs by regionals!!

Oh yea, btw, i do have pictures, but my friends mom has them on her cam.
so i will post those as soon as she sends them to me.

<3OMG.
Im for sure going to state now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!! coach told me today!!

dpdd
02-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Looks like your stronger than when you compete at a more natural weight for yourself. Who would have guessed??

Well done.

chinaz
02-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Looks like your stronger than when you compete at a more natural weight for yourself. Who would have guessed??

Well done.

wait, what?

and thanks.

Klotz
02-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Congrats. Did you have fun?

chinaz
02-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Congrats. Did you have fun?

thanks.
Oh ya! I had a blast!!!
I loved it! it was kinda cold tho, but other then that it was awesome!

Klotz
02-17-2008, 09:12 AM
I'd rather be too cold at a PL meet than too hot. By the way your Wilk's score is 368. That's huge.

chinaz
02-17-2008, 09:22 AM
I'd rather be too cold at a PL meet than too hot. By the way your Wilk's score is 368. That's huge.

ya same here. God, i drank more water then ever yesterday.

Whats a wilk?

HP666
02-17-2008, 09:31 AM
AWESOME!!!

Pics???

BFGUITAR
02-17-2008, 09:32 AM
ya same here. God, i drank more water then ever yesterday.

Whats a wilk?

It's a type of testing system where your total is compared to your body weight. And because your so light and so strong your going to have a ridiculously high wilk rating.

chinaz
02-17-2008, 09:50 AM
AWESOME!!!

Pics???

No pictures yet,
my friend has them on her cam, im waiting for her to send them to me.
But the results will be posted pretty soon on thswap.com
there old ones are up right now.

It's a type of testing system where your total is compared to your body weight. And because your so light and so strong your going to have a ridiculously high wilk rating.

oh, i get it now, thanks.

how does that work tho?

Klotz
02-17-2008, 10:30 AM
http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/wilkscalc.htm

I think the way it works is that Wilks extrapolated the formula by comparing records in different classes. If you plug the record holders into the formula it's usually around 700.

chinaz
02-17-2008, 11:19 AM
http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/wilkscalc.htm

I think the way it works is that Wilks extrapolated the formula by comparing records in different classes. If you plug the record holders into the formula it's usually around 700.

Ohh, ok thanks a ton : )

Gosh theres so much competition its crazy.
Some girl in my weight class in 2A lifts a total of 670!!!
I hope i can pass regionals...

Oh, and i hope my mom will be willing to come to state with me, if she doesnt go, then i cant go : (
( bec its over night )

BFGUITAR
02-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Ohh, ok thanks a ton : )

Gosh theres so much competition its crazy.
Some girl in my weight class in 2A lifts a total of 670!!!
I hope i can pass regionals...

Oh, and i hope my mom will be willing to come to state with me, if she doesnt go, then i cant go : (
( bec its over night )

Every parent (good parent) wants to see their kids succeed. Of course, if they can't go because of work there's nothing you can do.

My whole family is driving 2.5 hours to my university to watch me play in a concert for 2000 people for 2 hours. Right after they need to drive back home. My dad is over joyed that I am doing what he wishes he did when he was younger, play massive gigs. He is even more overjoyed that I'm a better musician than him, he takes pleasure in that. Your parents may not be able to understand the sport or why you have 250 pounds on your back, but when they see hundreds of people cheering for you I promise, they will feel proud :) .

Kids today don't have ambition and I can see that from all my roommates. All they do is do school work (which of course is a great ambition, to get high marks, but everyone in school wants that), smoke pot every so often, and get drunk. Ever since I was younger I wanted to do something... guitar, music, science, and now weightlifting. If your parents knew what most kids do with their spare time they'll definitely look up to you.

View 1
02-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Congrats on the win.

chinaz
02-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Every parent (good parent) wants to see their kids succeed. Of course, if they can't go because of work there's nothing you can do.

My whole family is driving 2.5 hours to my university to watch me play in a concert for 2000 people for 2 hours. Right after they need to drive back home. My dad is over joyed that I am doing what he wishes he did when he was younger, play massive gigs. He is even more overjoyed that I'm a better musician than him, he takes pleasure in that. Your parents may not be able to understand the sport or why you have 250 pounds on your back, but when they see hundreds of people cheering for you I promise, they will feel proud :) .

Kids today don't have ambition and I can see that from all my roommates. All they do is do school work (which of course is a great ambition, to get high marks, but everyone in school wants that), smoke pot every so often, and get drunk. Ever since I was younger I wanted to do something... guitar, music, science, and now weightlifting. If your parents knew what most kids do with their spare time they'll definitely look up to you.

My mom said she doesnt want to dive there..
thats the only reason she didnt go to any of my other meets..
bec they were to far away... ( yet all the others kids parents were there..??)

It just kinda sucks that i work so hard for something and then i dont even get to finish it.
i dont even see why i should go to regionals anymore.

:(

View 1
02-17-2008, 07:56 PM
When I was a kid I played soccer for 8 years. On my 8th year for the first time we made it to the finals. My mom and stepdad did not want to pay the $30 entry fee, so I did not get to play. The next year my mom signed me and my brothers and sister up to play again. I told her that I didnt want to play anymore. I never gave her a reason, she just thought that I had lost intrest in it.

I am 31, about 2 years ago me and my mom were talking about how I played soccer and she brought up how I didnt want to play anymore. I finally told her that every year since I first played soccer I wanted to get to the finals, that it was like a football team playing all year to go to the super bowl and win. I told her that when they did not want to pay the entry fee, it completely killed my dreams. I will never forget the look on my moms face, she almost cried because she never knew how much it ment to me, because I never told her why until years later.

Dont be like me, you need to explain to her how much it means to you, you need to make her understand. If she cant or wont go, see if you can go with a friend, your coach etc...

chinaz
02-17-2008, 08:36 PM
When I was a kid I played soccer for 8 years. On my 8th year for the first time we made it to the finals. My mom and stepdad did not want to pay the $30 entry fee, so I did not get to play. The next year my mom signed me and my brothers and sister up to play again. I told her that I didnt want to play anymore. I never gave her a reason, she just thought that I had lost intrest in it.

I am 31, about 2 years ago me and my mom were talking about how I played soccer and she brought up how I didnt want to play anymore. I finally told her that every year since I first played soccer I wanted to get to the finals, that it was like a football team playing all year to go to the super bowl and win. I told her that when they did not want to pay the entry fee, it completely killed my dreams. I will never forget the look on my moms face, she almost cried because she never knew how much it ment to me, because I never told her why until years later.

Dont be like me, you need to explain to her how much it means to you, you need to make her understand. If she cant or wont go, see if you can go with a friend, your coach etc...

Aw, thats so sad :(

I've tried talking to her about it.
all she says is well idk how to get there blah blah blah..
She was born in iraq. were girls only cook and clean and make babys.
No sports, nothing.
so, she doesnt understand why i stay 2hours after school everyday to run and lift.
shes happy for me when i get 1st place and stuff,
but i dont know if shes going to take to me state.

My coach was the one who told me i had to have a parent come to state with me or i couldnt go ( bec its over night, rules are that me and my coach cant be alone some where over night..)
So, i have to have a parents go. i asked if i could get some one over 18 to go,
coach said no it has to be a parents.
My dad cant go, hes in the army.
My mom can go, but she doesnt want to.

: /

Blackhawk08
02-17-2008, 08:52 PM
That sucks

chinaz
02-17-2008, 08:57 PM
That sucks

ya, it does suck.

but im trying not to worry to much about it.
IF i even make it to state, i will have my coach talk to my mom.
I think my mom would be ok with flying to state.

Ruffian
02-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Glad to see you stayed at the higher weight... It obviously gave you a HUGE benefit for strength!!!! It would be nice to see how you'd fare in a USAPL competition... I know that they have high school level comps (in FL at least) and from the vids it does seem as if the judging is a bit lax. However, its definitely no question that you have some insane potential!!! Congrats. Hopefully you qualify to go to state.

chinaz
02-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Glad to see you stayed at the higher weight... It obviously gave you a HUGE benefit for strength!!!! It would be nice to see how you'd fare in a USAPL competition... I know that they have high school level comps (in FL at least) and from the vids it does seem as if the judging is a bit lax. However, its definitely no question that you have some insane potential!!! Congrats. Hopefully you qualify to go to state.

thanks a tons!

qualifying total is 565 for the 105.5 weight class,
So i made then for sure.
but i have to get passed the top 10 in regionals to get to state!!

Ruffian
02-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, one thing at a time! lol. Powerlifting isnt like other sports in the sense that, seeing as its individual, its more about competing against yourself than others. Its always nice to win but it isnt always feasible! Set a more reasonable goal for yourself (Ie. Beating your last total by 30 lbs) and then hope that that is enough to qualify you. When I was struggling to qualify I missed it because I got myself SO psyched out and worried! Trust yourself... You'll do the best you can and that *should* be all that matters ;)

oh, and get your ars to an IPF gym :P It would be awesome to see you at a competition somewhere

chinaz
02-17-2008, 09:32 PM
ipf? whats that?
I want to join an out side of school powerlifting thing, but idk how..

Ruffian
02-17-2008, 10:13 PM
IPF - international powerlifting federation

Its like, THE best powerlifting fed ;) hahaha.. I mean, obviously that depends on who you ask but it is renowned as one of the most strict. Check out the USAPL forums and see if you can find a gym in your area. Get in with some people who compete IPF and have them help you train, its all about being around the right people :D

drew
02-18-2008, 06:23 AM
Nice work and nice job on the PRs. I would be aiming for 275, 135, 250. Get it rolling while your strength gains are coming easy.

chinaz
02-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Nice work and nice job on the PRs. I would be aiming for 275, 135, 250. Get it rolling while your strength gains are coming easy.

hey thanx.

thats what i was thinking!
Hopefully i can pull it off!!

Guh, im so nervous tho
i hate it.
I will be at a meet, and my heart is just going to fast that i feel like im going to pass out.
i always have to calm myself down.

Am i the only one thats like that?

oxo
02-18-2008, 05:40 PM
hey thanx.

Guh, im so nervous tho
i hate it.
I will be at a meet, and my heart is just going to fast that i feel like im going to pass out.

no defo not every time i im at a meet i am like that

Dgro
02-18-2008, 06:28 PM

...DAMN :cry:

BFGUITAR
02-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Ha my mom's side is from Iraq as well.
Im sure if you explain to her how much this means to you she will reconsiders.

chinaz
02-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Ha my mom's side is from Iraq as well.
Im sure if you explain to her how much this means to you she will reconsiders.

lol, wow.
where in iraq?

ya, i did.
she said she will go even if she can to take a plane.
so, YAY!!!!

BFGUITAR
02-18-2008, 10:15 PM
lol, wow.
where in iraq?

ya, i did.
she said she will go even if she can to take a plane.
so, YAY!!!!

Awesome :)

My grandparents were born/grew up in the heart of Baghdad but moved to Israel because they didn't want to die lol. Their family lived in Iraq for a long time but once Israel became a country they didn't feel safe.

drew
02-19-2008, 05:49 AM
hey thanx.

Guh, im so nervous tho
i hate it.

It's normal. I'm usually a ball of nerves until I get my first lift in. Even then It's all I can do to keep from bouncing off the walls. It helps to have someone who can keep you calm and understands how important that is.

Franco
02-19-2008, 05:55 AM
Well done.

Weren't you the girl who posted the video of a 185 squat a while back?

Dgro
02-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey TC, how long have you been lifting and what were your starting stats? Just curious.

chinaz
02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Well done.

Weren't you the girl who posted the video of a 185 squat a while back?

yup yup that was me.

Franco
02-20-2008, 01:16 AM
I thought so. You seem to have progressed extremely quickly, as in that clip you werenít hitting depth with the 185.

chinaz
02-20-2008, 06:06 AM
I thought so. You seem to have progressed extremely quickly, as in that clip you werenít hitting depth with the 185.

lol ya. when i look at that vid now im like wtf was i doing???..

but yea, i have been working real hard.

i just wish my bench numbers would go up as fast as my squat is going!!

i hoping to hit about 270 on squat. that would be sooo great : D
125-130 on bench.
and hopefully atleast 250 on dead lift.

Coach is going to start me really light on this saterday ( regionals )
like 190 squat, 95bench, and like 180 dead lift.
he said i could just do the bar if i wanted to.
or only do 3 lifts and X out my other ones.
I just have to get 3 good lifts and then im for sure going to state.
but i told him i want to start out low just to be sure i will get into state.
but then i wanna have fun with it and try to pr.
: )

Lones Green
02-20-2008, 10:40 AM
lol ya. when i look at that vid now im like wtf was i doing???..

but yea, i have been working real hard.

i just wish my bench numbers would go up as fast as my squat is going!!

i hoping to hit about 270 on squat. that would be sooo great : D
125-130 on bench.
and hopefully atleast 250 on dead lift.

Coach is going to start me really light on this saterday ( regionals )
like 190 squat, 95bench, and like 180 dead lift.
he said i could just do the bar if i wanted to.
or only do 3 lifts and X out my other ones.
I just have to get 3 good lifts and then im for sure going to state.
but i told him i want to start out low just to be sure i will get into state.
but then i wanna have fun with it and try to pr.
: )

i like the attitude!

Travis Bell
02-20-2008, 11:02 AM
thats a very good plan. if you go for a PR, you'll have a better idea where you'll be for state, plus you'll probably feel more fresh also

chinaz
02-20-2008, 05:52 PM
thats a very good plan. if you go for a PR, you'll have a better idea where you'll be for state, plus you'll probably feel more fresh also

yup yup, im soo ready for this : )

Now, i just need to pass math : /
dead line is on friday, if im not passing, then goodbye regionals and state..