PDA

View Full Version : Using RESULTS as part of a CKD/UD2.0 style cut...

dxiw
02-17-2008, 09:47 AM
I guess this question is more directed towards Chris than anyone:

I am very interested in trying RESULTS. I am currently on the ultimate diet 2.0 (www.bodyrecomposition.com). I know in the book Lyle McDonald (writer of UD2.0) suggests using dex and creatine at the beginning of the carb load to help increase insulin sensitivity and maximize glycogen uptake during the carb load. I was thinking of using a serving of RESULTS immediately post workout and then a couple servings throughout the carb load. This would mean I'd only be using it 2 days a week. Do you think I would still get results from the HMB/b-alanine? Or should I just stick to regular dex+creatine?

For those of you royally confused by my diet, look at my journal...

Here's a simplification:
Day 1 / 2 / 3 / 4AM: <50g carbs, 1xLBM protein, heavy volume workouts (goal: muscle glycogen depletion, ffa mobilization, fat burning)
Day 4PM / 5: high tension workout (6-8 rep), followed by 30 hour carb-load (7-8g/LBM)
Day 6/7: post carbload power workout (1-4 reps) with Maintenance diet

I wanted to add RESULTS on day 4/5..

Slim Schaedle
02-17-2008, 11:37 AM
I would say go for it, seeing as how it is recommended to load creatine during the carb load/power workout day.

I am not sure if beta-alanine and HMB work on the same principle, but I would think it is worth a try.

I certainly would not use it during the depletion, for obvious carb-related reasons you already know.

Also, the whole point of the depletion days is to get rid of glycogen, so taking anything that would aid in the regeneration of ADP to ATP would be somewhat counterproductive.

Different story on the carb load, of course.

I would say a few spread out servings after the tension workout and some Friday morning and Saturday morning might work well. Let's say you would normally use 7 servings in a week....just cram those into 2 days.

KingWilder
02-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Give it a try

just do it after the tension workout as Lyle suggests and then again Pre and maybe post-workout after the Power workout.

Update this and let me know how it goes, I was thinking of incorporating RESULTS into my next UD2.0 cycle as well.

Slim Schaedle
02-17-2008, 12:08 PM
One paramount thing to keep in mind is that you must know what the effect is of dex and creatine alone in regards to UD2, if you are going to be able to know if the additions make a difference.

dxiw
02-17-2008, 12:31 PM
One paramount thing to keep in mind is that you must know what the effect is of dex and creatine alone in regards to UD2, if you are going to be able to know if the additions make a difference.

Sorry I'm a little confused by your grammar/wording. Are you saying that its important to know why Lyle suggests dex and creatine? or how they work?

I was thinking 1/4 serving pre-tension, 1 serving post-tension, 2 servings over the course of the carb load, 1/2 serving pre-power, 1/2 serving post-power

Total: 4.25 servings, 340g dextrose, 21.25g creatine over the course of day 4/5/6

The idea being that creatine will get hyper-compensated with glycogen in the muscles and give an incredible power workout post-carbload. Also, should help make the carb-load as anabolic as possible.

Slim Schaedle
02-17-2008, 12:39 PM
I meant you personally need to know the physical effects of the dex and creatine.

If you are just starting with creatine and dex out of the blue, it would be impossible to determine if the HMB and beta-alanine played any role i the carb up.

I am assuming you have been using creatine and dex.

dxiw
02-17-2008, 01:14 PM
I haven't been using dex+creatine but I'm not really trying to see if HMB / b-alanine makes a difference. I just needed to buy dex and creatine, but I figured why not use RESULTS instead.. if anything it can only help I think