PDA

View Full Version : Fractured Wrist on Preacher Bar Curls

Rodzilla
02-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Well i havent posted up in about six months. Back in october, i was getting pretty heavy into the lifting, and one night at the gym, i fatigued myself on my last rep, and i had no control of the bar as it went down. I tried to hold onto the bar to control it, but as it hit the metal perch that it rests on the pain was intense. I left the gym right away, and couldnt sleep that night(pain). i went and got X-rays the next day and my doctor told me nothing was wrong, maybe a tendon pull, and to rest it for a few days. So i hit the gym a week later, and continued to train for 6 weeks.... the pain was evident in some exercises but not others, so i limited my routine to stuff that didnt hurt. Well i decided to rest it entirely and go back to the doctor. He decided to send me for a bone scan and 2 weeks ago informed me he had missed the fracture in the X-ray the first time around.

Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm wearing a splint for 6 weeks and taking a skeletal repair supplment. I miss the gym alot and am loosing mass rapidly. Its really sad.

bjohnso
02-17-2008, 08:14 PM
I've heard it takes 6 weeks for muscles to begin atrophying, so don't worry man. You'll be back rockin' in no time, and your wrist will be stronger than it was before.

Rodzilla
02-17-2008, 10:15 PM
^^ thanks bud, i sure hope so, i'm ready to lift right now, but my wrist keeps saying no!

roamer33
02-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Sorry to hear that, let it heal though with no extra effort. You'll be back in no time!

RickTheDestroyer
02-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Sucks dude. However, there might be a hidden message there about preacher curls.

Rodzilla
02-19-2008, 03:30 PM
^^^ your telling me, i had heard of this happening to someone before. Didnt think it would happen to me tho.