PDA

View Full Version : About to get serious for first time in 5 years

collin44
02-17-2008, 09:13 PM
I am about to get serious about my health again for the first time in about 3 years. I was working out pretty religiously the first two years of college but then fell victim to a long term girlfriend! When I stopped working out, I was about 6' 2" 175 and fairly cut up. I am currently 23 years old 6'2" 200+/-lbs and unfortunately none of the extra weight is muscle. I am looking to start a cut, but am still not sure which one to go with. My goal is to be down to 180 by 5/1/08. Any suggestions on which diet to follow would be appreciated.

The attached photos reflect about a month and a half of being back in the gym-weights only. Sorry, I have no idea how to pose for them. I am going to lift 3-4 times a week and do the Big 3 at least once a week. I also am looking into going to a boxing gym for an additional 2 workouts a week just for fun. Any areas I need to focus on from the pics, please point them out and dont hold back.

Additionally, I am going to be supplementing with the following:

-Mega Men Sport Multi-Vitamin
-Tonalin CLA (going to finish the bottle i have and stop-havent seen any results)
-Fish Oil (5 capsules daily with 900mg EPA & 600mg DHA)
-Black Powder (I know a lot of ppl dont like this supplement but i have seen improvements in my workouts)
-Protein (Currently not supplementing protein please recommend a brand)

Any suggestions/recommendations are appreciated and I am going to try and track my progress on here.

Thanks,

Collin

nhlfan
02-18-2008, 01:46 AM
I have those exact same shorts.

You're not really that out of shape or anything, there's no rush to lose a bunch of weight in a hurry.

collin44
02-18-2008, 09:26 AM
I should correct myself, I am not concerned about my weight at all I want to increase my size and cut my BF. If anyone can estimate my current BF% then I think I will revise my goal and try to cut it by x% by May.

killxswitch
02-18-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm not terribly good at this. Based on other estimates I've seen on WBB, maybe 14-16%?

collin44
02-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks for makin an estimate.I am thinking somewhere around the high teens/low twenties

mickyjune26
02-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks for makin an estimate.I am thinking somewhere around the high teens/low twenties

i agree - prob 19%.

nhlfan
02-18-2008, 08:31 PM
17% maybe? there's no way you're 20.