PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for help..

smokseysmoke
02-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Hey,

How you doing guys. Ive recently decided to get into weight lifting and improving my body. Im currently very skinny and looking to bulk up. I am about 5'11 and weight about 10st2lbs. Ive decided to join up here to get some help from you guys as it looks like alot of people here know what they are talking about.

I was basically wondering how many calories i need to be eating, how much protein etc. I have just joined a gym and will be doing a 3 day split. I have also purchased a weight gain supplement and have been advised to get some creatine..If anybody could help me out with some suggestions i would much appreciate it.

Cheers

Billy

Michigan
02-18-2008, 08:15 PM
what is your three day split? Look into rippetoes routine...ive made amazing gains bro. You should eat about 500 cals above maintenance. How much do you way? 10st2lbs...?

Michigan
02-18-2008, 08:17 PM
oh yeah, when you first start out, its hard to take in more calories than you normally do...so ease into it...make sure you eat clean....shakes are going to be ur best friend when bulking up

cphafner
02-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Post your diet and routine for members to critique. Read this and the other stickies at the top. We need more info before we can help.

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php

smokseysmoke
02-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Yea i currently weight about 10st 2lbs...(142lbs). As it stands i dont really have a set diet in place im just trying to eat whenever i can about every 3 hours, and fit two weight gain shakes in a day. Im not really eating loads as its hard at the moment to increase my apetite, but every 3 hours i will consume something, a sandwich or sumfin with some kind of meat, a tune pasta dish.

Im going to have to work on my routine as i havent got a set routine, i use alot of the machines at the gym and train different sections of my body on different days.. Is it important to just use free weight (dumbbells etc.) or will machines also do the job?