PDA

View Full Version : New flavor idea

chris mason
02-18-2008, 08:46 PM
What do you all think of a strawberry banana combo?

Chris

KingWilder
02-18-2008, 08:54 PM
we talking about RESULTS?

I think Lemon Lime would be good....strawberry banana is interesting as well

getb1g
02-18-2008, 08:54 PM
i think strawberry banana isnt the greatest.. but we need another fruity flavor... maybe a berry blast protein shake? or fruit punch.. if you can get it to taste right... thatd be some awesome stuff :thumbup:
Thats if your talkin bout protein...

Indifference
02-18-2008, 08:58 PM
blueberry or grape would be neat and probably not too hard to flavor right, that is if we're talking about results, i wouldnt try it with something with substance like nitrean or maximus

and if your talking about the thick stuff... why not peanut butter flavor?

chris mason
02-18-2008, 09:11 PM
No, sorry, a new protein flavor (Nitrean, Opticen, and MAXIMUS).

getb1g
02-18-2008, 09:18 PM
No, sorry, a new protein flavor (Nitrean, Opticen, and MAXIMUS).

As I said.. a new fruity flavor such a berry, or fruit punch.

PatheticJoe
02-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Not too sure about the strawberry-banana, probably take some convincing to try it, but I'd definately order straight banana if you offered it. I've tried a peach whey that was pretty good so that may also be an option.

chris mason
02-18-2008, 11:35 PM
As I said.. a new fruity flavor such a berry, or fruit punch.

You have to remember that Nitrean has whey, casein, and EGG proteins. I am not sure we could make a good fruity flavoring with our blend.

Chris

mikey4402
02-18-2008, 11:49 PM
i personaly hate the strawberry nitrean, so i wouldnt like the strawberry banana

I would like to see a Mint chocolate, or how about a butterscotch! Yummm

getfit
02-19-2008, 12:37 AM

Chris

It will taste like a dessert yum!

View 1
02-19-2008, 12:52 AM
I say go for it, sounds good.

I recently got the sample pack from true protein, and they have a strawberry/banana flavor and I really liked it alot. I dont like banana's either, but if its flavored in something than I like it, strange I am I guess lol..

What happened to the cookie n cream flavor?

PhilsterT
02-19-2008, 01:46 AM
The thing I like about AtLarge is that there are not so many different products and choices: it's simple, it works, and it tastes fine.

I think these new flavors sound horrible; if people can't eat what you have they won't with the new ones. I would suggest simple flavors, but only if you find it absolutely necessary to make more.

Lones Green
02-19-2008, 03:53 AM
cookies and cream!

KingWilder
02-19-2008, 04:14 AM
i personaly hate the strawberry nitrean, so i wouldnt like the strawberry banana

I would like to see a Mint chocolate, or how about a butterscotch! Yummm

my sentiments exactly

Mint Chocolate sounds good though or even cookies and cream

Cirino83
02-19-2008, 07:21 AM
strawberry-banana would be an awesome idea. I would use vanilla/chocolate if I wanted to add things to it and use the strawberry-banana by itself as a change of pace.

BPM Osgood
02-19-2008, 07:46 AM

Chris

YES! Thats a Great Idea and sounds like an Awesome Combo! Just thinking about it made my mouth water!!

dxiw
02-19-2008, 08:38 AM
YES! Can I be a tester? =D

zen
02-19-2008, 09:03 AM
You have to remember that Nitrean has whey, casein, and EGG proteins. I am not sure we could make a good fruity flavoring with our blend.

Chris

do you have orange creme flavor?

I noticed that orange is one of the best flavors used to artificially mask mild bitter and strong texture, such as it's use in fibers. I suggest creme because it compliments orange so well and makes things with body taste more natural (edt: the vanilla could satisfy the creme flavor component. Just add orange)

time2grown06
02-19-2008, 09:37 AM
I was just thinking the other day that when I place another order for Nitrean (just placed a vanilla order couple days ago with Maximus and ETS) that I might get Strawberry and then mix that with a bananna to get a strawberry/bannanna flovor......Strawberry/Bannanna nitrean would be great, especially when making shakes adding a real bannanna and strawberries, to get a nice mixture of the protein flavor and the fruits......Vanilla Nitrean will always be my favorite because of the versatility; goes with anything........keep up the good work ALN:nod:

MPB
02-19-2008, 10:36 AM
I hated strawberry nitrean but banana sounds nice.
I also think caramel flavor would be pretty good.

RinkerxX
02-19-2008, 10:53 AM
cookies and cream!

I agree

JDaws
02-19-2008, 06:26 PM
I think strawberry-banana would be great! I'd definitely give it a shot if it becomes available.

Notorious
02-19-2008, 06:38 PM
I think plain banana would be great.

Invain
02-19-2008, 06:44 PM
do you have orange creme flavor?

I noticed that orange is one of the best flavors used to artificially mask mild bitter and strong texture, such as it's use in fibers. I suggest creme because it compliments orange so well and makes things with body taste more natural (edt: the vanilla could satisfy the creme flavor component. Just add orange)

I agree. I've tried some nasty tasting crap before, but I don't think I've EVER tried ANYTHING flavored orange and didn't like it.

Notorious
02-19-2008, 07:01 PM
On second thought, orange cream does sound amazing.

CleverName
02-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Strawberry banana sounds verrrrrrrrrrrry good to me. :D Blueberry, banana, or orange cream would be even better!

getb1g
02-19-2008, 09:18 PM

Chris

I know that. But, all I'm saying is if you can make a good fruity flavor thats not common.. I'm sure it would be a hit. Other wise, I think Mocha would be GOOOODD!!!!

Rock Steady
02-20-2008, 11:43 AM
As long as a supplement doesn't taste horrible and it works, I'm good with it. I got my first order of Chocolate Maximus (thanks for sending it, Chris) and it easily meets/exceeds that threshold. I don't have a need for another flavor, personally.

All I taste when I drink a protein shake is future growth, and it's delicious!!

kevowamo
02-20-2008, 02:34 PM
smores

Slim Schaedle
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM

Chris

I have mixed a considerable amount of pure egg protein with milk and frozen fruit (blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, etc.) and I couldn't taste the egg one bit....if that helps any.

(see, I told you I am not bias :) )

chris mason
02-20-2008, 04:13 PM
As long as a supplement doesn't taste horrible and it works, I'm good with it. I got my first order of Chocolate Maximus (thanks for sending it, Chris) and it easily meets/exceeds that threshold. I don't have a need for another flavor, personally.

All I taste when I drink a protein shake is future growth, and it's delicious!!

Awesome!

Thanks!

bjohnso
02-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Sounds delicious. I love making shakes with bananas. It's too bad I'm cutting, or else I'd make one right now.

getb1g
02-20-2008, 07:29 PM
I take back the fruity suggestion. If you get a mocha/coffee flavor out... I'll love you FOREVER :).

Deuce
02-20-2008, 08:02 PM
I take back the fruity suggestion. If you get a mocha/coffee flavor out... I'll love you FOREVER :).

Was just about to post this suggestion. Def try a mocha. The Mocha Joe flavor of muscle milk is by far my favorite.

louiedog
02-21-2008, 07:43 PM
If you get a mocha/coffee flavor out... I'll love you FOREVER :).

Ditto

KingWilder
02-21-2008, 08:56 PM
my fav. suggestions so far:

Mocha
Mint Chocolate
Cookies and Creme

stay away from fruit flavors...

azma
02-21-2008, 10:21 PM
If you add a couple heaping teaspoons of Nescafe instant coffee to two scoops of chocolate Nitrean, that's a pretty good mocha right there. I like having the option of just drinking a chocolate shake, though, so I don't know if I'd be into buying a mocha flavor.

On another note, chocolate mint would be delicious. I'd definitely buy a jar.

I don't know how banana, orange, or cookies and cream flavors would go. I've had GNC whey protein in those three flavors. The orange was...peculiar. Cookies and cream wasn't so bad, except there was an overpowering sucralose taste (it was more bitter than sweet). I have some of the banana cream left, and I loved it at first, but I quickly learned how undesirable it is to taste acrid banana every time you burp for four hours after breakfast. I understand that there are billions of ways to do each flavor, and many of them can taste great if done right, but, even with 4 grams of carbs (2 from sugar) per scoop, GNC wasn't able to get the desired taste. Granted, this is just my limited opinion, but I hope some of it is at least marginally helpful.

Alternatively, I think it'd be cool to try something with mango...but chocolate mint would definitely be better.

I'm really hungry now.

Slim Schaedle
02-21-2008, 11:08 PM
The chocolate mint I have had is pretty nasty unless it is in milk.

Then again, Nitrean tastes good in water, so it may be different.

SC00BY
02-22-2008, 09:33 AM
+1 for cookies and cream!

.Tim
02-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Make Nitrean taste like Maximus and I'm set! ;)

Keoni
02-22-2008, 10:55 AM
How about an unflavored supplement with small packets of the above mentioned flavors? Mix your own flavors. You could have a different flavor every day.