PDA

View Full Version : MonStar1023's CID Journal

MonStar1023
03-15-2002, 11:14 PM
Decided to drop NHE, Natural Horomonal Enhancement, and try a new diet popularized here at WBB by Par Deus and Blood&Iron called a CID, or Cyclical Isocaloric Diet. Blood&Iron has kept an extremely detailed journal of his personal experience with a CID and has his results etc. posted in his journal.

Feel free to post here in my journal with comments, advice, etc.

:thumbup::thumbup:

... Will be starting my CID this Sunday, 3-17-2002.

rookiebldr
03-16-2002, 07:53 AM
Good luck on your new nutritional venture. Are your goals the same with this venture, i.e. cutting?

Inquiring mind(s) want to know your final results while on the NHE diet. Overall, weight reduction, strength improvements, timeframes etc.

MonStar1023
03-16-2002, 07:57 AM
rookiebldr-
How you doin bro? NHE was a great diet. I am not trying to deny that at all. Lost around 40 lbs. total with that diet, strength went up in every exercise. Not too much in some instances, but overall it went up. It going up at all is impressive because I was training specifically for fat-loss. I will post a description of my CID outline once I get everything straight on exactly how I am going to go about the diet. It is honestly a similar structure to NHE. Eating below maintenance calories, even though NHE didnt track calories, and then eating above them.

:cool::cool:

... What kind of diet/training are you doing right now man? Thanks again for being so supportive.

MarshallPenn
03-16-2002, 11:00 AM
Monstar - You came down from 240? What were your original stats? Was 240 pre-working out or had you bulked up to that? How tall are you as well? I can't remember.

MonStar1023
03-16-2002, 11:13 AM
MarshallPenn-
Back in December I weighed around 236-237 lbs. I am not sure if you would call it bulked up because I basically fatted up. Pigged out on all kinds of bullsh*t foods etc. Not too smart. Then I did NHE and got down to around 197-198 lbs. Not I am probably back up to 205 lbs. or so because I have been off NHE for a little while now. Hopefully this CID will work really well. I am expecting some fantastic results with it. If I dont feel like things are working like I want them to, which I cant imagine, I am going to jump back on the NHE bandwagon.

MarshallPenn
03-16-2002, 11:49 AM
I mentioned this in an earlier journal of yours, but to go from 235lbs->185lbs would mean that your BF% was ~30%. Was it really that high -- you don't want to be killing too much LBM losing all this weight.

Glad to hear you've given up NHE -- I know you don't think so, but NHE/Atkins is an extrememly unhealthy way of eating. The CID diet sounds much better.

MonStar1023
03-16-2002, 10:18 PM
MarshallPenn-
Yeah my bf% was definitely high. I mean I dont know I dont think that it was all the way at 30% but it easily could have been! I mean I was fat, and right now I feel 240 lbs.! Seriously though I had a belly etc. I know that NHE isnt a really healthy way of eating, but I mean it got the job done ya know? And done well? I know that eating hot wings and cheese and things like that really cant be the healthiest way to go. I honestly think that a moderate portion of protein, carbs, and fats is the healthiest way to go, so to speak. I definitely dont think that I am losing LBM. Well see how my strength goes with a CID.

MonStar1023
03-16-2002, 10:36 PM
Diet.
A CID is simply the following. Basically a "Cyclical Isocaloric Diet," is exactly that. An isocaloric diet that is cycled. And isocaloric diet is simple eating 33% of your calories from protein, 33% of your calories from carbs, and 33% of your calories from fat. Even though that sounds simple, mind isnt going to be 100% isocaloric. Simply because its hard to meet those protein/carb requirements. My isocaloric days will be 30% protein, 40% carbs, and 30% fat. Pretty close, and definitely close enough for my purposes. My isocaloric days are going to be set at approximately 20% under my maintenance amount of calories. That comes out to...

... approximately 2500 calories, 180g protein, 240g carbs, and 80g fat on isocaloric days.

I am going to be incorporating refeed days twice per week. First on Monday and Thursday and then on Sunday and Wednesday. A refeed day is simply at around 30% higher than my maintenace amount of calories. That comes out to...

... approximately 4000 calories, 200g protein, 700g carbs, and 45g fat on refeed days.

This day is more or less a cheat day in a sense. Most low-fat high sugary foods are fine. Candy like Sweettarts and Nerds and Bottlecaps etc. that's main ingredients are dextrose and maltodextrin are completely fine.
Supplements.
Currently I am taking a fat burner called Liquid Clenbutrx by VPX Sports. A serving of Liquid Clenbutrx contains...

One Serving Of Liquid Clenbutrx Contains...
Thermogenic/Nuerogenic Blend:
MaHaung Extract (Standardized at 8%)
Citrus Aurantium Extract (Standardized for 10% Synephrine)
Guarana (Standardize for 22% Caffeine)
White Willow Extract
L-Tyrosine
Bioperine
Proprietary Thyrogenic, Insulinogenic and Ant-Estrogenic Blend:
Methoxivone (5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-isoflavone)
Guggulsterones (E & Z) (Standarized at 10%)
Ipriflavone (7-Isopropoxy Isoflavone)
Phenylpropanolomine
Yohimbe Extract (Standardize at 8%)
Bis-Glycina

On refeed days Ill take the following, split up throughout the day.

Here is a list of ingredients for SyntheVol 2, CytoVol, V2G, and Phosphaplex, TRAC, along with Insulene and Gluco Tech, Agree With Meals, and Enzyme Digestant.

1 Serving Of Phosphaplex Contains...
5g creatine
2.2g ribose
2g taurine
100 mg. phosphorous
95 mg. magnesium
200 mcg. selenium
6 mg. manganese
25 mg. glucosol
400 mcg. chromium

1 Serving TRAC Contains...
4g creatine
4g arginine
600 mg. lysine
200 mg. phenylalanine
2.5 mg. NADH

1 Serving Of SyntheVol 2 Contains...
10g creatine
6g hydrolyzed wheat gluten
3.5g arginine
2g taurine
80 mg. inzitol (d-pinitol)
70 mg. sodium

2 Servings Of CytoVol Contains...
5g l-glutamine
4g taurine
4g l-alanine
3g AKG
1g glycine
1g inositol
600 mg. calcium
500 mg. RNA
120 mg. phosphorus
120 mg. sodium

3 Servings Of V2G Contains...
67.5 mg. vanadyl sulfate
2.4g taurine
100 mcg. selenium

One Serving Of Insulene Contains...
90 mg. langerstroemia speciosa l. (Glucosol)
10 mg. d-pinitol inzitol
250 mg. proprietary blend (gymnema sylvestre extract, chromium, lipoic acid,
phosphatidyl serine)

One Serving Of Gluco Tech Contains...
90 mg. langerstroemia speciosa extract (Glucosol)
10 mg. d-pinitol
250 mg. proprietary blend (gymnema sylvestre extract, alpha lipoic acid,phosphatidyl serine, chromium)

2 Servings Of Agree With Meals Contains...
18000 HUT units fungul protease
900 ASP units acid protease
300 FCC units lactase
4460 units cellulase
36 AG units amyloglucosidase
3600 SKB units fungal amylase
4500 units lipase

One Serving Of Enzyme Digestant Contains...
400 mg. pancreatin
130 mg. alpha-amylase
65 mg. betaine hydrochloride
65 mg. pepsin
65 mg. papain
8.1 mg. ox bile extract 8:1
Training.
My current training split looks like this...

Sun- Chest, Triceps.
Mon- Back, Biceps, Forearms.
Tue- Rest.
Wed- Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Abs.
Thu- Delts, Traps.
Fri- Rest.
Sat- Rest.

Chest, Triceps.
Flat DB Presses 2 sets 6/8
Weighted Dips 2 sets 6/8
Flat DB Flyes 1 set 8

Lying BB Ext. 2 sets 6/8
DB Overhead Ext. 1 set 8

Back, Biceps, Forearms.
Curl-grip Chins 2 sets 6/8
Bentover T-bar Rows 2 sets 6/8
V-bar Pulldowns 1 set 8

Standing BB Curls 2 sets 6/8
Incline DB Hammer Curls 1 set 8
Standing BB Reverse Curls 1 set 8
(hours after workout)
CoC #2 Timed-holds 1 set to failure

Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Abs.
Leg Presses 2 sets 6/8
Leg Extensions 1 set 8
DB SLDL 2 sets 6/8

Standing Calf Raises 1 set 15
Seated Calf Raises 1 set 15

Hanging Knee Raises 1 set (failure)
Cable Crunches 1 set 15

Delts, Traps.
Seated BTN Presses 2 sets 6/8
One-arm DB Laterals 1 set 8
Lying One-Arm DB Laterals 1 set 8

Hang Cleans 2 sets 6/8

... I am expecting some really really good results with this program.
Hopefully this split will produce some good results for me. Basically my training is pretty low-volume. Not completely HIT like one-set per bodypart but a lot closer to Dorian Yates style training that Arnold's style of training, put it that way.

On my rest days Ill be doing some interval cardio first thing in the morning preferably on an empty stomach. On every single training day, before my workout, I will weigh-in, and keep track my weight. I know that your weight can flucuate especially with the carb-up meal, but I like to keep up with it just so I know where I stand each day.

Increase In Weight From Previous Week.
Any time that I INCREASE to a weight that I couldnt handle the previous week, it will be in BLUE! This way Ill know where I am gaining strength and where I am not. Rep increases will not be signified, although they are important.

Red Intensity Stars.
Stole this from Sebi's journal. Hehe. Next to the exercise that I did I will have the weight first, and then how many reps. I will also have intensity stars. For example...

Dips +000x00 ****; +000x00 ****

Lying Barbell Ext. 000x00 ****; 000x00 ****

As you can see there are four stars after each set. The more red stars, the higher the intensity of that set. The following is what each one of of the 4 stars roughly means.

Intensity Stars Key.
One red star means that the set wasnt too intense at all. Not coming close to failure. Literally a f*cking wet p*ssy set.

Two red stars means that the set was moderately intense. Coming close to failure, but not all the way there. Pretty average set for the most part.

Three red stars means that the set was intense! 1-3 reps away from failure if not hitting failure. Great overall set.

Four red stars means that the previous set was CRAZY! Totally and insanely intense, definitely hit positive failure maybe even beyond that. Completely incredible set. Awesome burn, painful feeling afterwards.

MonStar1023
03-16-2002, 11:33 PM
Cardio.
(postworkout) 10 minutes treadmill; 5 minutes 3.5 MPH @ 12% incline, 5 minutes 4.0 MPH @ 12%.

... Did some low-intensity cardio after my workout today because I felt so f*cking fat I couldnt get over it. :mad::mad:
Diet. Isocaloric Day.
Meal 1: 3/4 cup Grape Nut Flakes + 1/2 cup All-Bran + 1 cup skim milk + 3 low-fat sausage links + 2 tbsp. peanut butter
(500 calories, 30g protein, 65g carbs, 21g fat)

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup mixed fruit
(280 calories, 26g protein, 23g carbs, 10g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1 roll Sweettarts
(420 calories, 40g protein, 55g carbs, 3g fat)

Meal 4: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + turkey breast + low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + apple
(500 calories, 36g protein, 65g carbs, 15g fat)

Meal 5: 2 servings whey protein + 1 cup skim milk + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 slice whole-wheat bread
(560 calories, 54g protein, 43g carbs, 20g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 2260
Total (g) Protein: 186g
Total (g) Carbs: 251g
Total (g) Fat: 69g

... Took in too many grams of carbs today, and not enough fat. I had a feeling this was going to happen. Tomorrow the refeed isnt going to help anything. Going to feel even more fat. :(:(
Overall Comments.
Damn I feel so f*cking FAT today! Cant get over how fat and soft I feel especially in my stomach. Fat came RIGHT back after 2 days off NHE or any kind of diet at all. Binged the past 2 days like a total nutcase and went to McDonalds twice. Eating so much eat time it was incredible. tuttuttuttut Cant believe how f*cking FAT I feel today! Hips and butt and stomach are 100% COMPLETELY FLABBY.
Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today, just FAT!
Sleep.
7 hours last night. Woke up once. Not really sure why just woke up and then layed back down.
Supplements.
With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 300 mg. ALA

Before Bed: Sleep Formula
Training. Chest, Triceps.
Flat Dumbbell Presses: 105 x 6 ****; 95 x 8 ****

... Two intense sets! Both were good. Stretched first really well to make sure all of my joints etc. were okay. Started off with 105s. Got them no problem at all. F*cked out 6 solid reps. Six wasnt too bad I dont think but I couldnt have gotten anymore. I was already pissed about my weight so I just went all out on this first set. Dropped down to the 95s and hammered out 8 solid reps. Really contracted my pecs hard. Two good sets in my opinion. At 212 lbs. this should be easy! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dips: +100 x 5 ****; +75 x 7 ****

... What the F*CK!? :redface::redface: I cant believe this horsesh*t! My strength went down a rep on BOTH sets. I couldnt believe it. Not only was I flipping out about my weight, but my dip strength dropping totally flipped me out. I know why. I mean obviously your dip strength has to do with your bodyweight and around 15 lbs. heavier is going to make a big difference. Still didnt justify it in my head. +100 lbs. felt VERY heavy. Beat up my pecs and my hands actually on the bar. Got 5 reps and then I just totally died. Then +75 lbs. This was also EXTREMELY heavy. Killed my entire upper body. Hands were hurting! I was just so f*cking pissed off..

Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 70 x 6 ****; 60 x 8 ****

... Two good sets. Was pissed about the dips but anyway. First set with 70s for 6 reps was pretty good. Probably could have gotten 7 reps with this weight. Maybe I dont know. I am pretty sure though. Next Sunday I am going to go straight for 72.5s. See how I handle them for 6 reps. 60s went well. Good contractions in my pecs. Last few reps of my second set really started to both my rotator cuffs but didnt last too long.

Lying Barbell Extensions: 130 x 6 ****; 120 x 8 ****

... Two GREAT sets. Love these with a BB! Hands are spaced around 12-14 inches apart. Really hit my triceps hard. Flexed them hard throughout both entire sets. Started off with 130 lbs. Struggled hard to get 6 reps. Really ached in my triceps on the last rep. Kept my form good though. Then I dropped down to 120 lbs. for 8. This was a TOUGH a*s set. Hitting up 8 solid reps was definitely tough with 120 lbs.

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extensions: 90 x 6 ****; 80 x 8 ****

... Great exercise and excellent sets. Kept my form really perfect. ROM and form was both good. Really hit my triceps hard. Started off with a 90 and definitely got 6 reps. Was a stuggle but I got it. Then I moved onto the 80 and that wasnt as bad. I am going to go for 92.5 for 6 and 85 for 8 next Sunday. See how that goes.
Training Length.
Today workout 35 minutes long. Pretty brief and intense as hell though.
Water.
Good amount today. Really need to keep it up. Took in a lot during my workout and during the day.
Weight.
Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed a FAT and SOFT 212 lbs. :eek::eek: Holy sh*t I havnt weighed this much in weeks! I cannot believe how godd*mn fat I am. I am so f*cking MAD AT MYSELF.

MarshallPenn
03-17-2002, 03:56 PM
Monstar - There is no way you gained 13 lbs in the past 3 days. Don't worry - error on the scale and lot's of water weight probably.

MonStar1023
03-17-2002, 06:37 PM
MarshallPenn-
Well dont ask me how it happened. F*cking pissed me off so f*cking much though! I almost through the scale on the floor. The thing is that I weight myself on the same scale everytime. I usually check to make sure that its calibrated but today I forgot. I dont think it was messed up though. I gain weight fast as hell. Honestly I havnt felt this fat in a LONG time!

:mad::mad:

Blood&Iron
03-17-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by MonStar1023
MarshallPenn-
Well dont ask me how it happened. F*cking pissed me off so f*cking much though! I almost through the scale on the floor. The thing is that I weight myself on the same scale everytime. I usually check to make sure that its calibrated but today I forgot. I dont think it was messed up though. I gain weight fast as hell. Honestly I havnt felt this fat in a LONG time!

:mad::mad:
I got a bit fatter this past week too, if that makes you feel any better(Probably not, but hey, I tried.)

MarshallPenn
03-17-2002, 06:57 PM
Yeah, but Monstar you would have to eat 3500 cals over maintenance to gain a pound. You would have had to put down over 40,000 cals over maintenance to gain that much wieght. Now your BMR is probably pretty damn low from NHE, so if you've been eating more it will store away, but not 40,000+ calories. No way. If anything, it's just water or your muscles filling back up. Either way, I'd look at it as a good thing.

You could always go back to HST, I've never eaten so much and stayed so lean. My 33 waist jeans are falling off of me w/out a belt. For example, I put down 2 large pizzas this week and am eating in the vicinity of 4000+ calories on some days. Although, honestly, I prefer a slower metabolism (eat less, live longer).

MonStar1023
03-17-2002, 07:13 PM
Blood&Iron-
Yeah it f*cking sucks man. Binging and cheating and sh*t I mean maybe it satisfies your psycological cravings or whatever but damn I feel like sh*t for days and days and days afterwards.

MarshallPenn-
Damn 33 pants are falling down! How small is your waist!? Mine is probably around 36" right now. Maybe more.. Holy sh*t I dont even know. Anyway I dont understand how HST is supposed to be any different than a normal training program? I guess just because of the full-body workouts. Who knows. Didnt make all that much of a difference with me. Hehe I feel FAT as f*ck bro I cant look at that as a good thing. In a few minutes I am going to go and measure my waist... pray for me.

:redface::redface:

... Tomorrow is a refeed day too! Damn I am going to feel like a blimp!

rookiebldr
03-17-2002, 09:28 PM
MS-
Binging is great for a few days it's like rest days. Does the body and mind good sometimes to take a break and get grounded again.

In regards to your earlier question I'm starting a cutting session and will using the WBB 1 routine. It's in my journal.

MonStar1023
03-17-2002, 09:44 PM
rookiebldr-
Whatsup bro? Yeah I dont know binging just makes me feel like just a fat piece of sh*t. It f*cks with my head too much after the fact I think. Anyway good luck with cutting bro. Ill check out your journal.

:D:D

MonStar1023
03-17-2002, 11:17 PM
Cardio.
None.
Diet. Refeed Day.
Meal 1: 2 servings whey protein + 1 cup skim milk + Bottlecaps + Nerds + fat-free pudding
(680 calories, 44g protein, 116g carbs, 4g fat)

Meal 2: Macaroni & Cheese + 4 low-fat cookies + 1 cup skim milk
(1150 calories, 47g protein, 201g carbs, 16g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 2 rolls Sweettarts
(630 calories, 40g protein, 104g carbs, 3g fat)

Meal 4: fat-free pudding + 2 low-fat cookies + 1 low-fat cupcake + 2 low-fat coffee cakes + 1 cup skim
(660 calories, 15g protein, 127g carbs, 8g fat)

Meal 5: 3 & 3/4 cups Golden Grahams + 2 cups skim milk
(760 calories, 21g protein, 149g carbs, 6g fat)

Meal 6: Myoplex low-carb shake + Bottlecaps
(170 calories, 20g protein, 14g carbs, 4g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 4050
Total (g) Protein: 187g
Total (g) Carbs: 711g
Total (g) Fat: 41g

... Pretty good totals if you ask me. Good amount of carbs, good amount of protein and fat. :thumbup::thumbup:
Overall Comments.
Felt okay today. I mean I didnt feel as fat and soft and I did yesterday but that honestly really isnt saying much at all. I felt okay today though not too bad. Hope to get back down to around 195 or so within the next week or so. Damn all I have is hope anymore I cant predict my weight. :(:( Honestly dont feel too fat today. I mean its the end of the day and I was looking in the mirror with my shirt off and I didnt look all that bad. Which made me feel good. My waist measured a fat and soft 35.5 inches. But I am going to work on getting that down to 32-33 inches.
Pain/Soreness.
Chest and tris are definitely aching. Definitely sore today. My pecs are hurting badly. Triceps are too.
Sleep.
9.5 hours sleep last night. Woke up once to use the bathroom. Need to get a solid 7+ hours.
Supplements.
With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx + 1 serving SyntheVol 2 + 1 serving CytoVol + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Gluco Tech + 1 serving Agree With Meals + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils + 1g ginger

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Enzyme Digestant + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

Evening: 1 serving Phosphaplex + 1 serving TRAC + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Insulene + 1 serving Agree With Meals + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils

Training. Back, Biceps, Forearms.
Curl-grip Chins: +40 x 6.5 ****; +30 x 7.5 ****

... These were 2 GREAT sets. Started off heavy for me at least. Hit up 6.5 good reps. Contracting my lats hard during each rep. Was surprised that I got 6.5 especially at a weight of 208.5. Anyways I think that this first set kind of weakened my back and f*cked me up for my 2nd set. Took off 10 lbs. and only got 7.5 reps instead of 8. Wanted to get 8 but after a few reps with +30 lbs. I knew that I wasnt going to get them. Form and ROM suffered a little bit during my second set. Kind of pissed me off but not too big of a deal. Rocked my legs and sh*t too much. Came closer than I thought though. Great sets though. ;);)

Bentover T-bar Rows: 225 x 6 ****; 215 x 8 ****

... Damn these were INTENSE! Had someone stand on the other end of the barbell. This helped me I think. I am DEFINITELY going to stick with 225 until I get 6 solid reps, without any kind of problem or struggle at all. Right now I think that my form is suffering a little. Having some trouble. Anyway good set though. Dropped down to 215 and got 8 good reps. Going to stick with 225 and 215 the next few weeks though see how my body handles it.

Seated V-bar Pulldowns: 180 x 6.5 ****; 160 x 7.5 ****

... Both sets were excellent. Totally hammered my lats and my serratus muscles with these 2 sets. First set I hit up 180 lbs. Great set. I mean really really good set. Got 6.5 rather than 6 because I had it in me. Arched my back and pulled the v-bar straight down my collarbone. Really squeezed my lats hard with this exercise. Droped 20 lbs. and went all out for 8 reps. Only got 7.5 reps unfortunately. Kind of pissed me off but oh well. I might have been able to get 8 reps but my form and lat tension would have suffered.

Standing Barbell Curls: 120 x 6 ****; 105 x 8 ****

... Wow 2 AWESOME sets! Loved both sets. Started off with 120 lbs. This felt a lot heavier than I thought it would. Hammered out 6 reps though. Really couldnt get 6 to be honest. Could have gotten 5-5.5 with good form. My last rep was a total joke. Holy sh*t I mean I did an Arnold "cheat curl," in all reality. Used too much of my back and just threw the f*cking weight up. Muscles just gave out I couldnt help it. Anyway dropped down to 105 lbs. This was a much better weight. Got 8 perfect reps. Great set. Really hit my biceps hard.

Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 32.5 x 8 ****

... Jeez this was an INTENSE, and INCREDIBLE set. Nice slow perfect reps on the incline bench. Used the 32.5 rather than the 30s. Hammered my brachioradialis. Very slow negatives and really good reps with flawless form. Going to try and hit up the 35s next week and see how that goes. Well see. Intense f*cking set though I dont know if I can go up just yet, well see.

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls: 87.5 x 8 ****

... Damn reverse curls were really great. Form was good on all of my reps, just awesome. First rep was a little bit of a struggle but afterwards I was fine. Jeez these really really f*cked up my brachialis and my brachioradialis. A really intense set. Slowed the negative portion of my reps with these too.

Captains Of Crush Gripper #2 Timed-holds: left :19, right :20 ****

... This wasnt part of my workout, I did it a few hours afterwards. I definitely couldnt handle a CoC #2 after my entire back workout without straps. Straps arent an option for me unfortunately... hehe. But anyway these were INTENSE. Started off with my left and held it almost all the way closed for 19 seconds. That was good for me. Beat the f*ck outta my hands though. Holy sh*t. Then my right for 20 seconds. These beat up my hands and fingers badly. Great sets though. I am just going to try and gradually increase in time. Maybe 20-22 seconds next week. I think that it has more to do with overcoming the pain factor rather than just raw strength. :D:D
Training Length.
Workout today lasted 35 minutes. Brief and intense. Just the way that I like it.
Water.
Good amount of water today. Good amount during my workout and throughout the entire day.
Weight.
Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 208.5 lbs. Lost a little bit since yesterday but I am still a LOT heavier than I was. Well today was a refeed day so it was expected.

Blood&Iron
03-18-2002, 09:09 PM
Got your PM. I'll write something more in depth tomorrow. I need to go to bed now.

MonStar1023
03-18-2002, 09:39 PM
Blood&Iron-
Okay bro hehe its all good.

Sebi
03-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Glad to see, you haven't lost intensity. :thumbup:

MonStar1023
03-18-2002, 10:05 PM
Sebi-
Haha yeah thats the truth bro. Today I had an all around GREAT workout. Really loved it shame I am not working out tomorrow.

;);)

Marcel
03-18-2002, 10:16 PM
MS - good job dude! It's cool that you are trying out a different diet. Perhaps this will be better then the NHE. I too have switched diets check it out in my journal if you want to. Anyways good luck on this diet and I will be checking out your journal daily. Later bro.

MonStar1023
03-18-2002, 10:21 PM
Marcel-
Thanks for being encouraging bro that really helps. This diet is different than most diets I have tried. Not used to taking in this many grams of carbs. 240g or so on isocaloric days and 700g on my refeed days. Crazy to think that fat-loss would be optimal with these kind of carbs. I dont know I guess time will tell. What kind of diet are you doing now man? I will be checking out your journal as well trying to help you stay on track.

Marcel
03-18-2002, 10:26 PM
It's one I got from ThaOneCrumcake over at Elite ya remember that one? You posted in that thread also. High protein and mod fat but carbs only post workout. I think it will work great but it goes against all this I have been reading about Leptin. If I dont like it I will try out CID too. Yes please check my journal out and make sure I'm not having too much fun with carbs and shiat like that!

Mystic Eric
03-18-2002, 10:30 PM
Monstar -
What's up bro? How do you have so many views for your journal? It's either you have a lot of fans, or you like to open your journal lots

MonStar1023
03-18-2002, 10:35 PM
Marcel-
Oh really? Yeah man I will definitely be checking out your journal. I think thats one of the best things about a journal here @ WBB. Everyone is here to help one another ya know? I almost did that diet myself, and like you said it wont be helping too much with leptin levels. Maybe incorporte refeed days once or twice a week to kick leptin levels up.

Mystic Eric-
I dont know man. Yeah some of my friends have the link to my journal, but it seems like a lot of people read my journal too, and I usually edit it a lot.

Marcel
03-18-2002, 10:39 PM
That's what I was thinking also. Incorporating a re-feed every Sunday but I dunno...maybe I will maybe I won't. I'm only gonna do this for 2 months probably because by then I should be set but if it goes on longer then planned I will either re-feed or just go with a CID or something similar.

MonStar1023
03-18-2002, 10:43 PM
Marcel-
Oh yeah definitely bro. Refeeds are really good in my opinion for kickstarting your fat-loss etc. But yeah maybe see how this diet goes. Youre cutting right now right?

Marcel
03-18-2002, 10:56 PM
Yup but I did a while ago with a CKD but stopped because I was pretty happy with the results but didn't get shredded. The CKD was a pain in the a$$ to do and I got crazy f*cken cravings come wednesday night! Then I started to bullsh*t around too much and gained some fat. I'm still lean but not shredded ya know?

MonStar1023
03-18-2002, 11:09 PM
Marcel-
Yeah CKD was a pretty decent diet. I liked it. I mean the carbing up binge fest on the weekends was a lot of fun. Hehe eating and eating and eating. I really got a kick out of that. Anyway though man yeah good luck cutting up for summer. I am trying to get shredded too and I am sure that a CID will help me get there.

;);)

MonStar1023
03-19-2002, 08:46 AM
Cardio.
(AM) 20 minutes stationery bike; alternating every other minute with level 8 and level 6.
Diet. Isocaloric Day.
Meal 1: 3/4 cup Grape Nut Flakes + 1/2 cup All-Bran + 2 cups skim milk + 1 serving whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil
(540 calories, 40g protein, 70g carbs, 18g fat)

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup mixed fruit + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
(380 calories, 30g protein, 27g carbs, 18g fat)

Meal 3: 2 slices whole-wheat + turkey breast + 2 slices low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + apple
(500 calories, 34g protein, 64g carbs, 14g fat)

Meal 4: 1 can Pepper Pot soup + 1 & 1/2 cups skim milk + 2 servings whey protein
(530 calories, 55g protein, 49g carbs, 14g fat)

Meal 5: Myoplex low-carb bar
(240 calories, 30g protein, 3g carbs, 6g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 2190
Total (g) Protein: 189g
Total (g) Carbs: 213g
Total (g) Fat: 70g
Overall Comments.
Feel better today. Little tired I guess but nothing that big of a deal.
Pain/Soreness.
Chest and tris are definitely still aching. Now lats and midback are just adding to my pain. Middle traps are also pretty f*cking sore.
Sleep.
7 hours sleep last night. Woke up once or twice though to use the bathroom. Need to get a solid 7+ hours. tuttuttuttut
Supplements.
Precardio: 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete

With Meal 4: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

... Added 50 mg. of zinc to help out with leptin levels. Looks like Ill be adding some vitamin E supplementation to my supplement regimen. I was thinking about 400 IUs of vitamin E 3x per day along with some glucosamine maybe. :D:D
Training. Rest.

Training Length.
Today was a rest day, thank God. Pretty damn sore, I need to cherish my rest days.
Water.
Pretty good amount today. Need to take in more though.
Weight.
Only weigh-in on training days.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-19-2002, 09:31 AM
How many carbs (approx) were you intaking during your NHE refill?

MonStar1023
03-19-2002, 09:37 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
I wasnt taking in any carbs at all except during the refeed meal twice a week where I took anywhere from 350-400g of carbs, depending. So this is a lot more carbs than I am used to but I think that I will be allright. I mean since I am tracking my calories, etc.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-19-2002, 09:40 AM
Yeah that's what i maent - the refeed meal.

thanks man.

Par Deus
03-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Monstar,

I don't really have a lot of comments other than 1) probably don't need a lot of those supplements 2) add some zinc and vitamin E (they increase leptin) and 3) do not stress about "feeling fat" -- it is physiologically impossible to gain the amount of fat you seem to think you gain from one day to the next -- it is just water. Stress increases cortisol, which is terrible for body composition, particularly on a diet.

Everything else looks good.

MonStar1023
03-19-2002, 09:59 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Okay not a problem bro.

Par Deus-
Okay bro thanks a lot I appreciate it. I will add some vitamin E and some zinc. What kind of dosages for each?

Blood&Iron
03-19-2002, 12:01 PM

Par Deus-
Okay bro thanks a lot I appreciate it. I will add some vitamin E and some zinc. What kind of dosages for each?

Looks like Par Deus has beaten me to the punch. As I said before, everything looks pretty solid, although I personally like to make maltodextrin/dextrose the majority of my carbs on the refeed. Also, calories both on the isocaloric and refeed day seem a bit low to me. Both of these, however, are more what I've found works for *me*. I'm sure you're figure out what works for you in the next couple of weeks. As for Par Deus' recommendations, the general guidelines are, I believe:

800IU vitamin E
50mg zinc

Bryan Haycock has also suggested using glucosamine--a recommendation I have not seen from anyone else. I really haven't looked into it yet, so I couldn't say if it's really worthwhile or not(Considering the source, however, it probably is.)

MonStar1023
03-19-2002, 12:29 PM
Blood&Iron-
Yeah thanks man. Yeah I heard about that glucosamine too for leptin levels, even though I cant imagine it doing anything at all. I mean isnt that more of a joint supplement?

MonStar1023
03-19-2002, 12:31 PM
Decided to put up some pics finally! Just click on the photo album and each pic to enlarge it. Hopefully now you guys can estimate my bf%.

Click HERE to view my pics from 3-19-2002. (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/monstar1023/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/monstar1023/lst%3f%26.dir=/MonStar1023%2b3-19-2002%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t&.view=t)

Ill post more around 4-19-2002. Just a few poses though to compare, and see how my results with a CID are.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-19-2002, 12:38 PM
There is no way in hell that you are as fat as you make yourself out to be.

every time you say you feel fat i am going to put on my cyber bludgeoning hat.

Let that be a warning to you.

MonStar1023
03-19-2002, 12:39 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Huh? Haha I lost you bro, I am fat as f*ckin hell look at my lower abs in those pics bro!

:eek::eek:

Hot Shot
03-19-2002, 01:06 PM
you definately aren't fat!

MonStar1023
03-19-2002, 01:07 PM
Hot Shot-
Yeah right! My stomach is like a fat jelly roll you have no idea. Trust me the pics must be deceiving.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Blood&Iron
03-19-2002, 01:31 PM
Hot Shot-
Yeah right! My stomach is like a fat jelly roll you have no idea. Trust me the pics must be deceiving.

It ain't that bad, but proportionately you do carry a bit more fat there, considering how lean your legs/calves are, as well as the rest of your upper body.

MonStar1023
03-19-2002, 01:37 PM
Blood&Iron-
Yeah maybe thats why it bothers me so much. So whatsup man whatd you think about glucosamine?

Blood&Iron
03-19-2002, 03:05 PM
Blood&Iron-
Yeah maybe thats why it bothers me so much. So whatsup man whatd you think about glucosamine?

This is all I could find. BTW, I don't pretend to understand this all that well(Par Deus has probably read the entire article so I'm sure he could clear this up.) But it seems to indicate that glucosamine *would* help upregulate leptin levels(Unless, I'm completely misunderstanding things here)

Unique Identifier

PubMed Identifier

Authors
Emilsson V. O'Dowd J. Nolan AL. Cawthorne MA.

Institution
Clore Laboratory, University of Buckingham, Buckingham, United Kingdom MK18 1EG.

Title
Hexosamines and nutrient excess induce leptin production and leptin receptor activation in pancreatic islets and clonal beta-cells.

Source
Endocrinology. 142(10):4414-9, 2001 Oct.

Abstract
Activation of the hexosamine biosynthesis pathway leads to insulin resistance in muscle and adipose tissue. In these tissues leptin gene expression is increased by glucosamine. In the present study we found that glucosamine rapidly activates the production of leptin and OB-Rb, which encodes the functional leptin receptor, in both primary pancreatic islets and clonal beta-cells. Secretion of leptin from clonal beta-cells into the medium was detected readily. In addition, the level of the transcripts encoding signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 and -5, both implicated in leptin signal transduction in islet beta-cells, was increased by glucosamine, although to a lesser degree than mRNA levels of leptin and OB-Rb. High glucose (16.7 mM) induced leptin biosynthesis in primary pancreatic islet cells, and the addition of 1 mM palmitate caused an additional incremental effect. The hexosamine-mediated induction of the leptin system in clonal beta-cells was associated with increased responsiveness to leptin, as demonstrated by a 2.6 +/- 0.3-fold (P < 0.01) increase in tyrosine phosphorylation of signal transducer and activator of transcription-3. These findings are the first evidence of inducible leptin production in pancreatic islets and suggest that islet cells, like skeletal muscle, demonstrate a linkage between increased nutrient availability and both leptin expression and leptin responsiveness.

MonStar1023
03-19-2002, 07:48 PM
Blood&Iron-
I am just going to stick with the vitamin E and the zinc. The glucosamine costs too much for me.

Blood&Iron
03-19-2002, 08:16 PM
Blood&Iron-
I am just going to stick with the vitamin E and the zinc. The glucosamine costs too much for me.

Actually, I'm glad to hear you say this.

MonStar1023
03-19-2002, 08:55 PM
Blood&Iron-
Seriously though man Par Deus is recommending something like 5-20g of this sh*t per day!

Marcel
03-19-2002, 09:41 PM
MS - you crazy m*thaf*cka! You look great bro! You ain't fat at all man! Your chest looks great and your calves are facken killer! Overall you look great dude! Anyways keep up the great work and keep on dieting hard and you will be a ripped MONSTAR!

MonStar1023
03-20-2002, 06:19 AM
Marcel-
Thanks a lot man I really appreciate it. Yeah I do really have some fat to lose. Trying to lose that last 10 lbs. or so.

MonStar1023
03-20-2002, 02:19 PM
16-Month Anniversary With Brittany.. :angel::angel:

Cardio.
None.
Diet. Isocaloric Day.
Meal 1: 1 serving whey protein + 2 cups skim milk + 3/4 cup Grape Nut Flakes + 1/2 cup All-Bran
(560 calories, 40g protein, 70g carbs, 19g fat)

Meal 3: 2 servings whey protein + 1 cup skim milk + 1 can Chicken & Rice soup
(380 calories, 43g protein, 40g carbs, 5g fat)

Meal 5: bag of pistachios + 2 cups skim milk
(370 calories, 21g protein, 32g carbs, 17g fat)

Meal 6: 3 & 1/2 oz. eye of round + 1 cup skim milk
(270 calories, 37g protein, 13g carbs, 6g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 2380
Total (g) Protein: 211g
Total (g) Carbs: 237g
Total (g) Fat: 68g
Overall Comments.
Feel good today. Better than yesterday in regards to feeling fat and everything like that. I am really hoping that a CID will work well for me. If not I am jumping right back to NHE. Because that diet worked phenomenally for me. Decided that on 4-17-2002 I am going to take a few pics like the relaxed one a few others to see how my body compares with one month of a CID under my belt.
Pain/Soreness.
Feel pretty good today. Not really too sore at all. I mean lats and midback are still sore but nothing too bad.
Sleep.
6.5 hours! last night. Need to get a solid 7+ hours! tuttuttuttut F*cking pissed off about that.
Supplements.
With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

... Added 1200 IUs of vitamin E to help in addition to my zinc with leptin levels. Well see how things go.
Training. Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Abs.
Leg Presses: 855 x 6.5 ****; 830 x 8 ****

... GREAT 2 sets! Wow totally intense as f*ck. Came near failure on both sets but I honestly think that I could have gotten more. I mean my 2 sets were totally INTENSE, but I just felt strong today for some reason. Sleep was a joke last night which really surprised me. Maybe it was the Clenbutrx haha I dont know. Anyway 2 awesome f*cking sets that I felt strong with. Going to increase the weight next Wednesday.

Leg Extensions: 355 x 8 ****

... Great set of leg ext. Hammered the F*CK out of my quads. Great form with really strong contractions. Kept my form perfect and really concentrated hard on flexing my quads throughout the entire exercise. Great set.

Dumbbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts: 75 x 6 ****; 67.5 x 8 ****

... These were really good. Hammered my hamstrings hard with SLDL. Really good stretch at the bottom of the movement. I can go alot heavier though that is the only thing that bothers me. I feel like I can definitely go to the 80s and 75s or so next Wednesday. I dont know if I want to switchover to BB SLDL or not.. Because my gym only goes up to the 117.5s.

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises: 275 x 15 ****

... Wow a REALLY awesome set here. Not all the way to failure like I would have liked, but still extremely intense. Hammered the sh*t outta my calves. Stretched out at the bottom of the movement, really flexed my calves hard at the top each rep. Good pump though and really hard burn.

Seated Calf Raises: 250 x 14.5 ****

... Really slowed down my rep-speed on these. I used to go at a pretty fast pace but after slowing it down big time I really hit my lower legs hard. Only hit 14.5 reps. Calves were burning like CRAZY. Jeez awesome set.

Hanging Knee Raises: BW x 10 ****

... This set was a little awkward. Harder than I imagined I only could get 10 reps. Might have been able to get a few more but I dont know. Form wasnt all that great on these. I lifted my knees to my chest and then lowered them down to my waistline, this way I kept all the tension on my abs. But after my abs started to fatigue, my knees were falling lower and lower. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cable Crunches: 170 x 12 ****

... This was a really good set. Little heavy for my abs though but nothing major. Usually just go to 15 reps and instead I stopped at just 12. Good set though.
Training Length.
Workout today lasted 25 minutes! Very brief but really intense so it was all good.
Water.
Good amount of water today, need to keep it up.
Weight.
Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 204 lbs. Down around 4.5 lbs. from my last workout which was definitely an improvement.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-20-2002, 02:51 PM
How long did it take yu to read NHE? did you read the entire book?

rookiebldr
03-20-2002, 03:50 PM
MonStar-
You are a MonStar!!! :thumbup::thumbup: pics look great and like others have said, keep up the great work. That last 10 lbs be off in no time. Clearly you are on the right track.

MonStar1023
03-20-2002, 05:55 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
About a week, because I was reading it nonstop I was just so interested in the diet haha.

rookiebldr-
Thanks a lot man I appreciate it. Seriously. Makes me feel better considering how fat I normally feel.

Marcel
03-20-2002, 10:15 PM
Good job today dude. Nice workout. All that food sounds good too...I picked up some steak today again! I hadn't had it for a while(LOL prolly 1 week or so).

Do you feel better on the CID or on NHE? Laterz bro.

MonStar1023
03-20-2002, 10:19 PM
Marcel-
I really cant decide to be honest man. I thought about this a little bit already. I mean I felt good on NHE, but then again I feel good on CID ya know? My results will be the determining factor in what I think about the diet. My workouts have been EXCELLENT on a CID, seem to be a tad more intense than NHE. I am thinking that it has something to do with my muscle glycogen being full with that amount of carbs that I am taking in.

... How is your diet going? Are you going to switchover to the T-Dawg Diet from over @ testosterone.net? Seems promising you might wanna give it a shot. I would recommend a CID too so we have a few people giving it a shot. 3000 views already!

MonStar1023
03-20-2002, 10:29 PM
... Also Marcel yeah eye of round steak is the sh*t! Make it on my Foreman grill. Damn that stuff tastes good as hell! Anyway yeah thanks for the workout compliment. Today was a good workout. Really trying to focus on my strength after checking out a few other journals like Belial and The_Chicken_Daddy and some more. I am looking weak lately!

:redface::redface:

Marcel
03-20-2002, 10:31 PM
I was thinking the same thing about the workouts. Since glycogen is full ya know? I'm gonna stick to crumcakes diet for now. We shall see how it goes and I'll adjust from there. So far I feel good though but we will see.

MonStar1023
03-20-2002, 10:33 PM
Marcel-
How often are you going to be refeeding with Crum's diet though man? I mean seriously its better to refeed than going on binge sessions eating pizza and ice-cream and sh*t like that. Been there, done that, got fat, wasnt pretty.

Marcel
03-20-2002, 10:38 PM
I will just have to go to war!!! I will sit down in front of watever it is I wanna eat and say "F*CK YOU BULLSH*T FOOD!" LMFAO! Crumcake said something like that on that thread. Maybe a carb-up on the 23rd day...It's only 56 days of hard dieting with shiat like chicken, steak, whey/casein, udo's, and surge postworkout.

MonStar1023
03-20-2002, 10:50 PM
Marcel-
Haha dude your a f*cking trip. Anyway yeah man I would just highly recommend refeeds over binge sessions thats all. Seriously keep that in mind dude. Damn man I dont know how the hell youre going to handle that type of diet. I could NEVER do a diet like that. I need my fair share of junkfood!.. refeed days... tomorrow.

:p:p

Marcel
03-20-2002, 10:57 PM
Hide the cereal!!!!!!! Seriously though that breakfast you eat sounds good. Some cereal! Have fun tomorrow on your re-feed! Lucky!

MonStar1023
03-21-2002, 05:15 AM
Marcel-
Haha hell yeah man Ill have a lot of fun. Be popping pills all damn day but Ill still have fun. Taking in almost 2g of ALA. Should have a some packed muscle glycogen from that sh*t. I guess well have to see how things go. Again good luck with Crum's diet. What kind of training are you doing right now? The exact split and exercises I am doing now I am going to try and do the next 3-4 months. Very basic and pretty much low-volume. I just wanna see how much I can progress, sort of like what Belial and The_Chicken_Daddy are doing, and I think that Ill be fine with a CID.

MonStar1023
03-21-2002, 05:37 AM
Cardio.
None.
Diet. Refeed Day.
Meal 1: 2 servings whey protein + 1 cup skim milk + 4 Blueberry pancakes + 1/4 cup Maple syrup + fat-free pudding
(1070 calories, 57g protein, 190g carbs, 9g fat)

Meal 2: Macaroni & Cheese + Bottlecaps
(1000 calories, 35g protein, 183g carbs, 13g fat)

Meal 3: Bottcaps + Lemonheads + Nerds + Myoplex low-carb shake
(520 calories, 20g protein, 97g, 4g)

Postworkout: 2 rolls Sweettarts + 2 servings whey protein

Meal 5: 2 cups low-fat choclate milk + Sour Patch Kids + 1 cup skim milk
(780 calories, 24g protein, 150g carbs, 9g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 4000
Total (g) Protein: 176g
Total (g) Carbs: 724g
Total (g) Fat: 38g
Overall Comments.
Looking forward to some good refeed meals! Woke up feeling fine and then slowly as the day went on and on I felt more and more drowsy. Jeez I am so sick of this f*cking bullsh*t. Its really really starting to piss me off. Like big time. I f*cking wake up and cant go back to sleep and then once I am awake I feel like sh*t. :mad::mad:
Pain/Soreness.
Calves and hamstrings are a little sore. Nothing too bad though feel good today.
Sleep.
6 hours! sleep last night. Woke up once to use the bathroom, and couldnt fall back asleep to save my f*cking life. Damn I dont know if my body is just letting me know its rested or what.
Supplements.
With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx + 1 serving SyntheVol 2 + 1 serving CytoVol + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Gluco Tech + 1 serving Agree With Meals + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils + 1g ginger

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Enzyme Digestant + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

Evening: 1 serving Phosphaplex + 1 serving TRAC + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Insulene + 1 serving Agree With Meals + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils

Training. Delts, Traps.
Seated Behind-Neck Presses: 165 x 5.5 ****; 145 x 8.5 ****

... Damn 2 INTENSE sets! Wow totally was in awe with how heavy my first f*cking set felt. That set completely ripped my f*ckin a*s up! Couldnt get over how badly it f*cked me up. Started off with 165 lbs. Cleaned the weight to my starting position, seated, and I barely got my first rep. Spotter had to give me some assistance. Couldnt believe how weak I felt after this! :redface::redface: I mean 165 I didnt expect to be easy but this hard!? Jeez. Felt good today too. Hit up 5.5 reps with 165. Definitely going to stick with this weight until I can achieve a full 6 or maybe even 7 reps until I increase the poundage. Second set was with 145, dropped 20 lbs. only because of how heavy the first set felt, and hit up 8.5 reps. This set wasnt as bad. Hit my 7th rep and thought I was going to fail at my 8th but I decided to do a quick partial rep.

One-arm Dumbbell Side-laterals: 35 x 8 ****

... Wow these were GREAT. Loving one-arm laterals. Used a 35 which was actually a LOT tougher than I thought it was going to be. I didnt expect my shoulders to hit failure around the 8th rep. I thought I was going to be able to get 9. Oh well not too big of a deal. Going to try the 37.5s next Thursday.

Lying One-arm Dumbbell Laterals: 25 x 7 ****

... Completely awesome exercise! Wow these blew my f*cking rear delts off of my body. Just one set, and one set completely FLAMED my entire side and rear shoulder. Intense as hell, really felt it. Going to stick with 25s until 8 reps isnt a problem.

Hang Cleans: 145 x 6 ****; 135 x 8 ****

... Decided to give these a shot rather than just my normal boring DB shrugs. Many people feel that these are far superior to regular shrugs in regards to trap activation and everything like that. Damn were these a good addition! :thumbup::thumbup: Completely beat up my traps and shoulder girdle. Also BURNED the hell out of my forearms! Great burn and awesome sets. First set was more of an intro set kind of just trying to get my form down etc. Didnt go all the way to failure with that set. But then my second set I totally f*cking dropped I was dead tired. And so were my traps.
Training Length.
Workout today lasted 20 minutes! Damn VERY brief but EXTREMELY intense! :D:D
Water.
Pretty good amount today. Felt good about my amount of water today which is kind of unsual. ;);)
Weight.
Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 204 lbs. Didnt lose or gain any weight from my last weigh-in. Not sure what to expect. I guess it doesnt mean anything since today was a refeed day. But if my weight starts to gradually increase I am going to know to drop calories.

MarshallPenn
03-21-2002, 08:11 AM
Monstar - You sucked down 800 cals of carbs for beakfast alone. Of course you're going to be drowsy.

MonStar1023
03-21-2002, 10:04 AM
MarshallPenn-
Haha I guess thats the truth. I am having some big a*s meals today.

:p:p

CBates
03-21-2002, 10:18 AM
MS, you are doing the CID for cutting right, or are you just doing it for strength gain, and not really concerned with losing/gaining body fat? I'll probably give this diet a try when I'm more concerned with strength rather than body fat.

Blood&Iron
03-21-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by MarshallPenn
Monstar - You sucked down 800 cals of carbs for beakfast alone. Of course you're going to be drowsy.
Well, I don't have this problem on my refeeds. I would think the fact that he only got 6 hours of sleep was more to blame. Personally, I can barely function on 6 hours of sleep.

MonStar1023
03-21-2002, 11:43 AM
CBates-
Yeah man I am cutting right now. A CID is a cutting or fat-loss type of diet. Has to do with optimizing a hormone that your body produces called leptin. I thought it had to do with mass gains too when I first read about it. Well see how things go. Hopefully the results will be great.

MonStar1023
03-21-2002, 02:35 PM
Blood&Iron-
Aint that the truth! I usually need 7+ hours no matter what but lately I have been waking up and have been unable to fall back asleep. Really cant figure out what the f*ck my problem is. Starting to really bother me.

:(:(

Sebi
03-21-2002, 06:36 PM
This was the new one for delts+traps, wasn't it? How did it feel like? I see, it was intense as hell. Keep it up!
:thumbup:

MarshallPenn
03-21-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Well, I don't have this problem on my refeeds. I would think the fact that he only got 6 hours of sleep was more to blame. Personally, I can barely function on 6 hours of sleep.

B&I - Carbs in general make you sleepy, that's all I was referring to. All that plus the mac & cheese probably hit him hard. How's HST are you doing it?

(Sorry to eat up your journal space Monstar)

MonStar1023
03-22-2002, 09:53 AM
Sebi-
Yeah man hang cleans were f*cking AWESOME, these are definitely my new favorite for my traps! Beat the hell out of my traps with these. Good forearm workout too which is always a good thing for me. Just totally a good idea.

MarshallPenn-
Haha I dont care how much of my journal you take up man, its not gonna stop me from posting. I like the discussions and I really appreciate any questions/comments.

TerryRay
03-22-2002, 10:05 AM
Don't slow down for nothing or no one - You are doing great.

Many bodybuilders have that problem with sleep here and there. I think it is because of the testosterone levels. It is mainly a matter of not working out so close to bedtime.

mr_hand
03-22-2002, 10:13 AM
Monstar, I understand on your refeed days you are carbing up heavy, but why not gorge on some pasta or something. Isnt all that sugar bad for you?

MonStar1023
03-22-2002, 10:21 AM
TerryRay-
Hey man thanks a lot, never seen posts here @ WBB. You seem like a cool guy. Yeah I dont know whatsup with my sleeping patterns. Its funny because when I am going to school everyday etc. I usually end up getting at least 7 hours. I havnt been in school for a little while and my sleep has sucked! Maybe adjusting to a new sleeping pattern?

mr_hand-
Yeah I am carbing up heavy on refeed days your exactly right. I used to eat pasta and I still can if I want to. But according to Par Deus, basically one of the sole creators of the CID, dextrose is the most OPTIMAL choice for carbups. Dextrose is in Bottlecaps and especially Sweettarts etc. Pure dextrose is literally a type of sugar. Crazy huh? Makes this diet a lot easier to stay on in my personal opinion.

Thanks for checking out my journal guys appreciate it.

MonStar1023
03-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Cardio.
(AM) 20 minutes stationery bike; alternating every other minute with level 8 and level 6.
Diet. Isocaloric Day.
Meal 1: 2 servings whey protein + 2 cups skim milk + 3/4 cup Grape Nut Flakes + 1/2 cup All-Bran
(660 calories, 55g protein, 76g carbs, 19g fat)

Meal 3: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + turkey breast + 2 slices low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + apple
(505 calories, 34g protein, 64g carbs, 14g fat)

Meal 4: 2 oz. whole-wheat pasta + 1/4 cup Ragu sauce + 1 & 1/2 cups skim + 1 serving whey protein
(430 calories, 37g protein, 59g carbs, 4g fat)

Meal 5: 1 serving whey protein + 1 cup skim milk + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
(300 calories, 35g protein, 19g carbs, 10g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 2280
Total (g) Protein: 191g
Total (g) Carbs: 245g
Total (g) Fat: 65g

... A TAD too high in carbs. I am supposed to be taking in 180g protein, I was 11g high there, and 240g carbs, I am 5g too high there. Not too big of a deal really. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Overall Comments.
Feel good today. Glad that I got 8+ hours of sleep last night. Pretty sore but nothing too bad.
Pain/Soreness.
:eek::eek: Pretty damn sore today! Traps both upper and middle are hurting. Forearms feel a little bit sore. Shoulders are hurting. Serratus muscles are actually really sore. Soleus muscles are KILLING me. My upper calves really arent that bad but my soleus are just aching with every step I take!
Sleep.
8.5 hours last night, without any interuptions. Finally got a good amount of sleep last night. Really glad. :thumbup::thumbup:
Supplements.
Precardio: 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc

With Meal 3: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

With Meal 4: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

... Ordered around 350 grams of ALA powder tonight from Beyond-A-Century. Probaby will be coming in the mail sometime near the end of the next week. Looking forward to not taking a million f*cking capsules on refeed days. :cool::cool:
Training. Rest.

Training Length.
Damn glad that I didnt train today! I am beat up haha my body is aching all over the place! Looking forward to training though this Sunday. Hoping for some strength increases. :D:D
Water.
Pretty good amount of water today, not too much or too little I dont think.
Weight.
Dont weigh myself on rest days. ;);)

mr_hand
03-22-2002, 12:24 PM
I got another question for you. Do you think at 33/33/33 you are getting enough protein to either continue to build muscle and/or maintain it? Im like you, dieting is so tough for me. And it looks like you have had great success with it. If I could lose like 15-20 lbs while not burning up a lot of my muscle, that would be perfect.

heathj
03-22-2002, 02:42 PM
My current training split looks like this...

Sun- Chest, Triceps.
Mon- Back, Biceps, Forearms.
Tue- Rest.
Wed- Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Abs.
Thu- Delts, Traps. **Put Wed workout on Friday and move Thu workout to wednesday...give yourself more of a break after back**
Fri- Rest.
Sat- Rest.

Chest, Triceps.
Flat DB Presses 2 sets 6/8
Weighted Dips 2 sets 6/8
Flat DB Flyes 1 set 8

Lying BB Ext. 2 sets 6/8
DB Overhead Ext. 1 set 8 **Try taking out this and adding another set to dips. Ever tried cable crossovers? I like those MUCH better then flyes..if you're gonna stick with flyes, try incline flyes**

Back, Biceps, Forearms. **Deadlifts! :)**
Curl-grip Chins 2 sets 6/8 **Add in a variation of chin ups and pull ups...Belial suggested to me, negatives..I love 'em**
Bentover T-bar Rows 2 sets 6/8
V-bar Pulldowns 1 set 8

Standing BB Curls 2 sets 6/8 **Lower reps...have some in range of 3 and some in range of 6-8..split up rep ranges for all bicep movements...Such as bb curls x 3 and hammer and reverse x 6-8**
Incline DB Hammer Curls 1 set 8
Standing BB Reverse Curls 1 set 8
(hours after workout) **???**
CoC #2 Timed-holds 1 set to failure

Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Abs. **No squats? Either back or front would do excellent for your quads**
Leg Presses 2 sets 6/8 **Add in another set**
Leg Extensions 1 set 8 *add in 1-2 more sets**
DB SLDL 2 sets 6/8

Standing Calf Raises 1 set 15 **Higher rep ranges work well for me..ie:15-30..30 was the best for me though**
Seated Calf Raises 1 set 15

Hanging Knee Raises 1 set (failure) **Weighted?**
Cable Crunches 1 set 15

Delts, Traps.
Seated BTN Presses 2 sets 6/8 **with a back support or without? Back support is much better, takes back out of movement..why not db's?**
One-arm DB Laterals 1 set 8
Lying One-Arm DB Laterals 1 set 8

Hang Cleans 2 sets 6/8 **May I ask why? Sport specific? Personally I don't do them...don't find a need for them as long as I got the rest of my exercises in. Are these in a sense replacing shrugs? Hang cleans are better then power cleans IMO**

Anything else? All comments marked by **

MonStar1023
03-22-2002, 09:25 PM
mr_hand-
I really dont feel right about answering you bro, sorry. I have only been on an isocaloric diet for a week now. I have never done one before so I really am not qualified to answer. You might want to PM Blood&Iron hes been on 33/33/33 for while now. I think that gram of protein per pound of lean body mass is enough protein to preserve your hard earned muscles. I guess I could be wrong but I have never experienced any loss in size/strength.

heathj-
Thanks man, but most of my program has to do with personal preference. Thanks anyway though.

... Finally hit 4000 views.

MonStar1023
03-23-2002, 09:26 AM
Cardio.

... Took 500 mg. ALA around 30 minutes before my cardio, made me a little more tired but nothing too big of a deal. This supposedly will have an effect on fat-burning which I feel will be really good.
Diet. Isocaloric Day.
Meal 1: 2 servings whey protein + 2 cups skim milk + 3/4 cup Grape Nut Flakes + 1/2 cup All-Bran
(600 calories, 45g protein, 72g carbs, 19g fat)

Meal 2: Myoplex MRP + 1 & 1/2 cups 2% milk
(460 calories, 54g protein, 39g carbs, 11g fat)

Meal 3: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + turkey breast + 2 slices low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + apple

Meal 4: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup mixed fruit

Meal 5: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + 3 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 cup skim milk
(580 calories, 30g protein, 56g carbs, 26g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 2420
Total (g) Protein: 189g
Total (g) Carbs: 254g
Total (g) Fat: 80g

... :mad::mad: Carbs were 14g too high today. Kinda pissed me off but really not too big of a deal I dont think. Calories were under by 80, and protein was 9g over which isnt really a bad thing.
Overall Comments.
Feel pretty good today, not too good or too bad to be honest. Looking forward to my refeed tomorrow. Cant wait actually for my pancakes. :p:p
Pain/Soreness.
Wow I am hurting today! Traps are killing me. Like really really killing me. Delts are really hurting, soleus is still aching like crazy. Traps feel stiff too along with very sore. :(:(
Sleep.
9 hours last night, without any interuptions. This is the way that I should be sleeping every single night. :thumbup::thumbup:
Supplements.
Precardio: 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx + 500 mg. ALA

With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc

With Meal 3: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

With Meal 4: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

... Read that adding some ALA before my AM cardio will help to lower blood sugar even further. Wanted to give it a shot and see how it felt. Actually got a TAD more tired but nothing really noticeable at all to be honest. Going to keep it there precardio.. Decided that I am going to make this a habit after all. Also just ordered 4 bottles of a supplement called Adrenalin that I am going to be alternating with weeks of my Liquid Clenbutrx. I think that Ill achieve great results with this. Almost like a jacked up Adipokinetix, which I always get good results with.
Training. Rest.

Training Length.
Damn REALLY needed this rest day. Glad that today was an off day.
Water.
Took in a good amount of water today, need to keep it up or even take in a little more since tomorrow is a refeed day.
Weight.
Rest day so I dont weigh in today.

rookiebldr
03-23-2002, 12:32 PM

... Read that adding some ALA before my AM cardio will help to lower blood sugar even further. Wanted to give it a shot and see how it felt. Actually got a TAD more tired but nothing really noticeable at all to be honest. Going to keep it there precardio..

MonStar, are you trying lower your blood sugar so that you'll burn your fat stores instead? Just asking because I not sure how this works. I usually do cardio first thing in the morning prior to any food where my blood sugar should already be low. However, it would interesting to see how the ALA would boost this effect.

MonStar1023
03-23-2002, 08:38 PM
rookiebldr-
Exactly man thats why I am giving it a shot. I read in a few places, and a few respectable members suggested this to me. I figured I would give it a shot just to see how it went ya know? Didnt notice too much of an effect other than it basically made me feel a little more tired during my cardio. Not sure how I would honestly tell if my blood sugar was any lower etc.

johnny123
03-24-2002, 07:46 AM
just curious, it says rest day but you have cardio in the AM, is it just a rest day from weights? or do you not have any complete rest days?

MonStar1023
03-24-2002, 09:20 AM
Cardio.
None.
Diet. Refeed Day.
Meal 1: blueberry pancakes + 1/4 cup maple syrup + 1 cup skim milk + 1 serving whey protein
(900 calories, 45g protein, 162g carbs, 8g fat)

Meal 2: Wacky Wafers + Bottlecaps + Myoplex low-carb shake
(500 calories, 20g protein, 95g carbs, 4g fat)

Meal 3: Macaroni & Cheese
(850 calories, 35g protein, 147g carbs, 13g fat)

Meal 5: Sprees + low-fat coffee cake + 2 low-fat cookies + 1 cup skim milk + 2 servings whey protein
(590 calories, 44g protein, 108g carbs, 6g fat)

Meal 6: Nerds + Lemonheads + 1 cup skim milk + 4 low-fat cookies
(600 calories, 12g protein, 107g carbs, 7g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 4070
Total (g) Protein: 196g
Total (g) Carbs: 723g
Total (g) Fat: 41g
Overall Comments.
Definitely feeling good today. Obviously I guess because its a refeed day. But I am really really really looking forward to my workout today. Getting pissed off just thinking about. I have a feeling that its gonna be INTENSE. Anyway other than that my ALA powder, and Adrenalin supplements will be in this week somtime. Looking forward to that too. Got school Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and then I am off for a week and a half. :D:D
Pain/Soreness.
Feel fine today, not really sore at all. Soleus muscles are actually still a TAD sore, but nothing major. Really looking forward to my workout today.
Sleep.
7.5 hours uninterupted sleep last night. Good amount of sleep. Need to get at least this much every night. :thumbup::thumbup:
Supplements.
With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 1 Adipokinetix + 1 serving SyntheVol 2 + 1 serving CytoVol + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Gluco Tech + 1 serving Agree With Meals + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils + 1g ginger

With Meal 3: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adipokinetix + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Enzyme Digestant + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 500 mg. ALA

Evening: 1 serving Phosphaplex + 1 serving TRAC + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Insulene + 1 serving Agree With Meals + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils + 1g ginger

... Added Adipokinetix today and tomorrow and maybe Tuesday until my Adrenalin comes in the mail. Going to be taking 1 Adrenalin in the morning, 1 at lunch, and then my Liquid Clenbutrx before training, on rest days Ill be taking my Liquid Clenbutrx first thing in the morning before my cardio, and then Adrenalin at lunch, and another Adrenalin in the afternoon. Upped my dosage of 300 mg. ALA postworkout to 500 mg. ALA, hopefully this will better the effects of it. Also doubled my ginger intake to try to prevent any kind of bloating or discomfort.
Training. Chest, Triceps.
Flat Dumbbell Presses: 107.5 x 5.5 ****; 100 x 8 **** :eek::eek:

... Wow completely AWESOME f*cking sets! Definitely didnt handle the 107.5s last week! Awesome experience. Great exercise, awesome sets, totally intense. Started off with the 107.5s. Wow flung them back into my starting postition and they felt really f*cking heavy! Completely hammered my pecs. Only got 5.5 reps. Very slow and deliberate set though. Lots of concentration and lots of intensity. Moved onto the 100s for my second set. These beat up my pecs also. Wow. Couldnt have gotten another rep on either set NO MATTER WHAT. F*cking felt good to hit up the 107.5s though.

Dips: +102.5 x 5.5 ****; +77.5 x 7.5 ****

... Wow. CRAZY a*s dip sets! Really f*cked up my chest and triceps big time with these. Strapped 102.5 f*cking pounds on my waist for these f*ckers. Definitely didnt get 102.5 lbs. last week! I actually completed 6 reps but I didnt count the first rep as a full one because I didnt go down furth enough. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh well. Ill get 6 with 102.5 next Sunday. Anyway hit up 7.5 reps with 77.5 lbs. around my waist. This set was f*cking PSYCHO too. My pecs were burnt the f*ck out after these 2 sets.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 67.5 x 8 ****

... Wow awesome set of flat flyes. Hammered my f*cking pecs really really well with these. Rotator cuffs gave me a LITTLE bit of trouble, but not really. I am definitely going to go for the 70s for flat flyes next Sunday. Probably, almost definitely going to keep my flat DB and dip weight the same though.

Lying Barbell Extensions: 132.5 x 6 ****; 125 x 6.5 ****

... Jesus this exercise was a b*tch! Wow 2.5 lbs. increase in weight from last week! Loved it though. Started off with 132.5 lbs. Hammered out 6 reps. It was tough as f*ck and intense as hell but I managed it. Defintely going to go for a big 135 lbs. next Sunday. Anyway didnt take enough of a break during my 2 sets. So I jumped down to 125 and only hit up f*cking 6.5 reps!, instead of 8. Jeez this REALLY pissed me off big time. I thought I was going to throw the barbell against the wall of my gym. Threw it on the ground, but I seriously almost went crazy.. :mad::mad:

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extensions: 85 x 5.5 ****

... Again like a f*cking a*shole I didnt take enough of a break. Jumped to an 85 lbs. DB and just got beaten down hard. Felt like a million pounds I was extending behind my head. Good set. But I really should have gotten at least 7 reps. Not a pathetic 5.5 reps! :redface::redface: Need to stop f*cking around and really beef up my triceps big time.
Training Length.
Today workout was very brief, lasted 30 minutes. Every set was intense though. ;);)
Water.
Good amount today. Need to keep it up, especially on my refeed days.
Weight.
Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 204 lbs. Actually that really pissed me off. I want to be CUTTING and losing weight, not maintaining my f*cking weight! I know that this is a refeed day and everythinkg like that but come on! I am shooting for 190 lbs., ripped. I was down to 196 lbs. before I binged off of NHE. Pretty stupid move on my part obviously. I am thinking that its just the carbs being in my system is simply causing me to store more water than usual.

MonStar1023
03-24-2002, 10:26 AM
johnny123-
Yeah man Rest. just simply means a total day off from training, not my diet or my cardio though.

MonStar1023
03-24-2002, 11:38 AM
I have decided to add to the fat-burner that I have been currently using, Liquid Clenbutrx. I will still be taking VPX Sports Liquid Clenbutrx but just once per day, and the rest of the day a product called Adrenalin. Here is my reasoning. Basically Liquid Clenbutrx is an AWESOME preworkout or precardio booster. It REALLY kicks my bottle into high gear within about 10 minutes of swallowing it. However, the effect only lasts about 2 hours. So the appetite supressing effects obviously are not all that tremendous. So I have decided to do the following.
Training Days: take 1 Adrenalin first thing in the morning, another Adrenalin around lunchtime, and then preworkout take my Liquid Clenbutrx

Rest Days: take my Liquid Clenbutrx precardio to really kickstart my body into fat-burning mode, and then the rest of the day at lunch and in the afternoon take an Adrenalin.
One Capsule Of Adrenalin Contains...
200 mg. caffeine
35 mg. 1R 2S norephedrine hcl
100 mg. of synephrine hcl
3.4 mg. of yohimbine hcl
... Here is the product description of Adrenalin.
Adrenalin is the first and only all alkaloid pharmaceutically manufactured fat-burning compound containing both the alkaloids norephedrine and SYNEPHRINE hcl. It is the synergistic ratio of these alkaloids that makes this formulas' thermogenic effect surpass those of the most acclaimed dieting drug "clenbuterol". Yohimbine hcl is added into this combination to increase blood circulation through fatty deposits and activate the fat liberating alpha receptors. Adrenalin will elevate body temperature(thermogenesis), elevate metabolic rate, boost energy, as well as enhance libido. All this while preventing the 'wired' feeling that almost always accompanies any fat-burning products.
... This supplement probably wont come in the mail until next Tuesday so until then I will be taking a similar product, called Adipokinetix, until it comes in the mail.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-24-2002, 12:54 PM
crazy dip weight man!

How is the new routine coming along?

MonStar1023
03-24-2002, 12:59 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Yeah thanks a lot bro. Appreciate it. I am leaving for the gym in about 15 minutes to hit up the weights that are in my journal right now. Damn I am feeling my adrenaline rising slowly. Hehe... anyway the new routine is great. I am loving it. I think that this is my split! Every training split that I have done has always seemed to have some kind of downside to it.

Either I was hitting my delts when my traps were a tad sore, or my back when my rear delts were a little sore, or my chest when my front delts were a little sore. Whatever the cause, there was always something minor that kinda messed me up. With this split things are PERFECT. No sorness conflicts AT ALL. After 6 years I really think that this is the split for my body! Now I just have to wait and see what kind of results I get.

johnny123
03-24-2002, 02:25 PM
do you ever have a complete day off of all training/cardio?

MonStar1023
03-24-2002, 06:17 PM
johnny123-
Not usually man. I mean sometimes I do ya know if I feel like my immune system needs it or I am having a really tough time recovering or something like that. But usually my early AM cardio doesnt even effect me at all. After I get it done and out the way I am totally set.

MonStar1023
03-25-2002, 06:45 AM
Cardio.
None.
Diet. Isocaloric Day.
Meal 1: 1/2 cup All-Bran + 3/4 cup Grape Nut Flakes + 2 cups skim milk + 2 servings whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil
(500 calories, 37g protein, 60g carbs, 18g fat)

Meal 2: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + turkey breast + 2 slices low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + apple

Meal 3: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter
(370 calories, 18g protein, 41g carbs, 18g fat)

Meal 5: 2 oz. whole-wheat pasta + 1/2 cup Ragu sauce + 2 servings whey protein + 1 cup skim milk
(520 calories, 49g protein, 60g carbs, 5g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 2320
Total (g) Protein: 178g
Total (g) Carbs: 280g :mad::mad:
Total (g) Fat: 58g

... What the F*CK!? Jesus f*cking Christ I cant believe this godd*mn horsesh*t! 40 GRAMS over my f*cking carb limit. I thought I estimated my sh*t pretty good. Obviously f*cking not. I can ASSURE you that this WILL NOT happen again. SO f*cking pissed off. This WILL NOT happen again. Seriously its time to get really f*cking serious now. This bullsh*t is CRAP! Immature, undisciplined, completely CRAP. tuttuttuttut
Overall Comments.
Felt pretty good today, a little flabby I guess but nothing really major. Really pissed about my f*cking carb limit going sky f*cking high. Didnt even realize it. Totally f*cked up. Just completely ridiculous. Oh well, Ill live.
Pain/Soreness.
Chest and triceps are completely aching. Wow totally sore. Awesome chest and triceps workout yesterday.
Sleep.
6 hours uninterupted sleep last night. Pathetic. What else is new. Need 7+ f*cking hours per night but what else is f*cking new? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Supplements.
With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 1 Adipokinetix

With Meal 3: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adipokinetix

Training. Back, Biceps, Forearms.
Curl-grip Chins: +45 x 6.5 ****; +30 x 7.5 ****

... Wow totally awesome sets with chins. Really hammered my lats completely. Very very INTENSE. First set was intense. Strapped 45 lbs. around my waist, completely 6.5 reps. Really beat up my back though. Pretty slow negatives, good ROM. Need to work on really focusing on my back contractions though rather than just my strength. Second set was impossible!! Jeez lats are always beat down from the first set. By the second set my back was so completely f*cked I only did 30 lbs. for 7.5 reps.

Bentover T-bar Rows: 225 x 6 ****; 215 x 8 ****

... Awesome f*cking sets. First set was awesome as f*ck. Completed 6 reps. Even though I personally think that I could have maybe gotten another rep or so. I dont really know I mean I think so. By the time I got to 6 I wasnt totally out of breath and sh*t like I am normally. Anyway second set f*cking pissed me off. The guy I had step on the otherside of the barbell didnt hold it at all. The weight flew about 6 feet up in the air and all 215 lbs. fell off. Jeez what a crock of bullsh*t! I swear I could have slammed the kid's head up against the wall. Anyway second set was all out, totally hit failure. Squeezed the sh*t outta my back. :D:D

Seated V-bar Pulldowns: 170 x 7.5 ****

... Wow what a GREAT set! Dropping this down to a single set really made it intense. F*cked up my lats big time. Form and ROM was totally flawless. Squeezed my back so hard on every single rep. Really went all out for my 8th rep but only got it halfway down unfortunately. Oh well. Jeez awesome set!

Standing Barbell Curls: 122.5 x 5.5 ****; 107.5 x 7.5 ****

... Totally INCREDIBLE sets. Wow really beat the hell out of my biceps today. Really impressed myself with my strength on these. Kept my back arched, chest out, knees a tad bent, and really hit my biceps hard. Excellent form, awesome reps. Great biceps contractions. Just overall good sets. Started off with 122.5 lbs. Really impressed myself with this weight. ;);) Tried hard on my last rep to get 6. But only got 5.5. Definitely didnt cheat though. Then I moved onto 107.5 lbs. Hit up 7.5 reps. Tried 8. Couldnt get it. Didnt use too much momentum though so that was really good.

Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 35 x 8 ****

... Jeez this was a GREAT set. All of my exercises where I simply do just one single set its f*cking great. I put ALL of my intensity and effort and focus into just that one set. Because I know that I have to make the most of it. Totally hammered my brachioradialis and brachialis muscles. Wow, I am going to feel these tomorrow.

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls: 90 x 8 ****

... Wow. Beat up my forearms altogether with this set. Elbows were flaring a little bit throughout the set. Not too big of a deal still hammered the sh*t outta my forearms. Really flexed my forearms hard throughout the entire set. Kept form good and really exausted my forearms and brachialis muscles completely. Great great great set.

Captains Of Crush Gripper #2 Timed-holds: left :21, right :22 ****

... Wow this was an awesome set. Didnt do it as part of my workout though did it around 2-3 hours afterwards. Just to make sure that my hands were exausted when I trained them. Wow these HURT badly! Ached my hands and fingers like crazy. Didnt know if I was even going to be able to make it to 15 seconds they hurt so badly. By the time I got to 21-22 I was just going crazy. I am just going to force my grip/hands to strengthen.
Training Length.
Workout today lasted 30 minutes. Pretty brief I guess. Good workout though.
Water.
Good amount today, need to keep it up. Felt a little thirsty during my workout.
Weight.
Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 201 lbs. That was good for me I am used to weighing 204 lbs. Especially the day after a refeed day.

Sebi
03-25-2002, 07:45 AM
Impressive weights, Monstar. :eek:
Keep it up!

Marcel
03-25-2002, 10:44 AM
Hey dude who makes that adrenalin stuff?

CBates
03-25-2002, 10:47 AM
MS, now since you've been on this diet for a little while, how's it going? Have you notice any fat loss yet? Right now the diet I'm on is really working well, but I want to still toy with some other diets after this one to see which one I like the best. This is one of the ones I plan on trying out. I'll pretty much be cutting/maintaining all spring and summer long, so I'll have plenty of time to try out different diets.

MonStar1023
03-26-2002, 04:15 AM
Sebi-
Hey thanks a lot man! Appreciate it. I am going to try and slowly progress every week or 2. If not every week. With a CID it seems very possible to progress every single workout.

Marcel-
Haha kinda strange I know but no one really makes it. Or at least I cant figure it out. Go to www.zoelabs.com and click on products or whatever scroll down to the bottom of the page until you find it. It is the last supplement that ZoeLabs advertises. They advertise some different products, thats for damn sure!

CBates-
Yeah I have noticed a litle bit of fat-loss man. I mean nothing too spectacular its only been a week! But I mean its a GREAT diet I LOVE it seriously. WAY more than NHE. Even though thats hard for me to say I think I just like eating carbs. CID isnt really a maintenance diet I think its more of an in between diet of cutting and maintenance. Slow and steady fat-loss.

MonStar1023
03-26-2002, 05:17 AM
Cardio.

... Took my ALA before cardio again, and again it was REALLY tough at first, but got easier.
Diet. Isocaloric Day.
Meal 1: 2 servings whey protein + 2 cups skim milk + 3/4 cup Grape Nut Flakes + 1/2 cup All-Bran + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil

Meal 2: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter
(370 calories, 18g protein, 41g carbs, 18g fat)

Meal 3: bag of pistachios
(340 calories, 14g protein, 16g carbs, 24g fat

Meal 4: Myoplex MRP + 1 & 1/2 cups skim milk + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
(500 calories, 58g protein, 46g carbs, 10g fat)

Meal 5: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup mixed fruit

Meal 6: 2 cups skim milk
(180 calories, 16g protein, 24g carbs, 1g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 2270
Total (g) Protein: 177g
Total (g) Carbs: 222g
Total (g) Fat: 82g
Overall Comments.
My Adrenalin came in the mail today which was good. Kinda made me happy. I was surprised at (1) how quickly it came in, and (2) that it was tablets rather than capsules the way most fat-burners are. None the less Ill be starting it tomorrow and hope for some excellent results.
Pain/Soreness.
Chest and triceps are BEAT UP! Back is a little sore not as bad as I thought which is actually a little dissapointing. Anyway biceps and forearms are hurting. Also my brachialis. :(:(
Sleep.
7.5 hours last night, without any interuptions. Finally got a good amount of sleep last night. Woke up and took my 500 mg. ALA and then went back to bed haha for another 15-20 minutes. :thumbup::thumbup:
Supplements.
Precardio: 500 mg. ALA + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

With Meal 3: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adipokinetix

With Meal 4: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adipokinetix

Training. Rest.

Training Length.
Glad that I didnt train today, need my rest!
Water.
Pretty good amount today I guess. Looking forward to Spring Break coming up!
Weight.
Didnt weigh in today. Hope to break the 200 lbs. barrier, again, sometime in the next week or so. :cool::cool:

CBates
03-26-2002, 09:41 AM
MS, some people on this board suggest not to combine fat and carbs in the same meal while trying to lose body fat. So a suggestion that you might want to give a try and see if you notice anything is separate the fat and carbs in all your meals, like Meal 1: pro & fat, Meal 2: pro & carbs, Meal 3: pro & fat, and so on. But if it's working the way you're doing it right now, then stick with what works.

MonStar1023
03-26-2002, 01:35 PM
CBates-
Please.. I have heard that a bunch of times. I personally agree with the concept of not combining simple sugars and saturated fats. But unsaturated fats and complex carbs? I dont think that it would make a difference at all. Now my opinion isnt based on any kind of scientific study just what I have gathered from personal experience, etc.

Blood&Iron
03-26-2002, 01:42 PM
Read these:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=food+combining+Lyle+McDonald+group:misc.fitness.weights&hl=en&selm=3C577CB7.3CE3749F%40onr.com&rnum=2

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=food+combining+Lyle+McDonald+group:misc.fitness.weights&hl=en&selm=3BB377AD.603DE9BC%40onr.com&rnum=1

MonStar1023
03-26-2002, 01:51 PM
So separating out fats from carbs doesn't magically eliminate one's ability to get fat.

... Totally agreed. I have always thought this and never understood why so many people thought in this manner. At least Lyle agrees. Hehe.

> BTW, are you still releasing a book anytime soon?

Eventually. Best answer I can give you. And, for various reasons, it's not going to be the book (yet) that everyone was expecting. Ugh.

... What book is he coming out with? Damn I wish he would come out with a CID book. That would really really be helpful.

MonStar1023
03-26-2002, 06:45 PM
Translation: dietary triglycerides can store themselves just fine and dandy without insulin present. There's a protein present in chylomicrons that 'turns on' ASP activity, which then stores the triglycerides in the fat cells.

... I going to assume that this is why a CKD or TKD or even a ketogenic diet really isnt a bodybuilders best bet. Because it really just comes down to your calorie level am I correct? Not anything to do with protein + fat or protein + carbs.

On top of which, protein + carbs is FAR more anabolic than protein + fat. Even if such silliness did prevent you from getting fat, it'll also limit anabolism because more of the protien will get converted to glucose in the liver.

... Totally agree with this last statement Lyle made. Postworkout is protein and carbs are recommended for a reason.

... Finally hit 5000 views. Thats pretty impressive I guess.

MonStar1023
03-27-2002, 08:00 PM
Cardio.
None.
Diet. Refeed Day.
Meal 1: 5 low-fat Eggo waffles + 1/4 cup maple syrup + 1 cup skim milk + Myoplex MRP
(980 calories, 63g protein, 163g carbs, 8g fat)

Meal 2: Macaroni & Cheese + fat-free pudding
(940 calories, 34g protein, 168g carbs, 13g fat)

Meal 3: Nerds + Bottlecaps + Lemonheads + Milky Way Lite
(570 calories, 2g protein, 130g carbs, 5g fat)

Meal 4: 6 low-fat cookies + 1 cup skim milk
(420 calories, 11g protein, 72g carbs, 9g fat)

Meal 6: low-fat cupcake + low-fat coffee cake + low-fat pudding + 1 cup skim milk + 1 serving whey protein
(500 calories, 29g protein, 85g carbs, 4g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 4040
Total (g) Protein: 179g
Total (g) Carbs: 722g
Total (g) Fat: 42g
Overall Comments.
Feel good today overall I guess. Was looking forward to my ALA powder coming in the mail today but unfortunately it didnt end up coming in which kind of pissed me off. Oh well hopefully tomorrow I guess. My girlfriend made a comment today because I was wearing shorts about my calves. She was like are you building them up bigger? I was like yeah of course why? She was like because they look huge any bigger would be gross. :D:D Looking into the one-set per exercise kind of routines. Not sure if that would work better for me or not. Crazy that I used to at LEAST 4 sets per exercise. Now I am thinking about going all the way down to just ONE intense set, but a few more exercises. So the same # of total sets per bodypart.
Pain/Soreness.
Damn traps are actually a little sore today. Back isnt too sore which again is really dissapointing. Chest and triceps are a little sore still too, not really that noticeable though.
Sleep.
7 hours of sleep last night. Slept well didnt wake up at all which was good. Looking forward to me refeed today. Meals should be pretty tasty! :p:p
Supplements.
With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 1 Adrenalin + 1 serving SyntheVol 2 + 1 serving CytoVol + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Gluco Tech + 1 serving Agree With Meals + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils + 1g ginger

With Meal 3: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Enzyme Digestant + 1 serving Insulene + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 1 serving Gluco Tech + 500 mg. ALA

Evening: 1 serving Phosphaplex + 1 serving TRAC + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Insulene + 1 serving Agree With Meals + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils + 1g ginger

... My Adrenalin finally came in the mail yesterday which is good I guess. That kind of made me happy. Anyway doubled my Insulene & Gluco Tech dosages. Figured that I have enough to last me a few months and really want to make the most of what I have. So I guess well see if this effects me any differently. :cool::cool:
Training. Quads, Hamstrings, Calves.
Leg Presses: 880 x 6 ****; 850 x 8 ****

... Holy f*cking sh*t! INTENSE as f*cking hell! First set I totally went insane. Never had a set so intense in my life! Wow totally impressed myself with the intensity of just this one set. Actually made me feel great. I really f*cked up the 880 lbs. today. Last rep I had my hands on my knees but I didnt use much assitance if any at all. Almost hitting 900 F*CKING lbs.! Really hyped about this. Second set was a little less intense, but great still. Dropped 30 lbs. for 8 reps. Hit my lower body hard with both of these sets. Really really looking forward to some growth in my quads/lower body. ;);)

Leg Extensions: 360 x 8 ****

... Totally AWESOME set of leg ext. Hammered the hell out of my quads with some very controlled, slow reps. Really beat my quads up badly with this one single set. Last rep really exausted my quads 100%. Almost stopped at 7.5 but somehow I pulled off the 8 solid reps.

Dumbbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts: 80 x 6 ****; 70 x 6 ****

... I dont know about these anymore. I think that theyre a good hamstring exercise with a great stretch at the bottom, but for some reason I can never get them too intense. Like I always feel like I am cheating myself. I continually try and increase the weight from week to week but I really just feel like I am not going heavy enough with these. Thinking about maybe switching over from DBs to BBs. I dont know though well have to see how things go. Both sets were intense I guess, good stretch, but not sure about how close to failure I was coming.

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises: 280 x 15 ****

... Totally totally great set here. WOW! :thumbup::thumbup: I beat my calves into the godd*mn ground with this set. Closed my eyes the entire set and just focused on my calves growing and growing and getting bigger and bigger. Flexed my calves so f*cking hard at the top of every rep it was almost ridiculous. Really truly was an all out great set.

Seated Calf Raises: 255 x 15 ****

... Good set here too. My ROM was good and everything like that the only problem that I had was that basically my rep speed was a little too fast for my liking. By the 12 and 13th rep I was really not all that tired. And that was very strange. So for the last few reps I really slowed down big time. I mean really really slowed down, great burn at the end.

Hanging Knee Raises: BW x 12 ****

... Wow good set here. Contracted my abs really hard throughout the entire set. Seemed to hit the lower part of my abs, more waistline then regular. Squeezed each rep hard, a good set all the way to failure here.

Cable Crunches: 170 x 12.5 ****

... Hammered my abs here with the cable station. Flared out my knees a little more and really contracted my elbows down to my knees as hard as possible. Really felt the squeeze in my abs big time. Great set, good ab workout.
Training Length.
Workout today was fairly brief, lasted 30 minutes today. Good length, intense as f*ck.
Water.
Pretty good amount today, but not enough considering that it was in fact a refeed day. A lot of water is essential.
Weight.
Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 200 lbs. Kind of happy with my weight, feel like I am going to be breaking the 200 lbs. barrier by next week. Really kind of made me feel even better.

gopro
03-28-2002, 07:01 AM
Mon...I believe your routine is solid. But I am a firm believer of changing what you are doing every 4-6 weeks if you have been training more than a year. Either change rep ranges, exercises, volume, or something to keep your body from adapting.

MonStar1023
03-28-2002, 07:24 AM
gopro-
Yeah I used to really employ that technique a LOT bro. Always changing things up really trying to prevent my body from adapting. I still do that, but try to focus more now on gradual progression from week to week rather that just shocking my body.

MonStar1023
03-28-2002, 07:57 AM
Cardio.
None.
Diet. Isocaloric Day.
Meal 1: 3/4 cup Grape Nut Flakes + 1/2 cup All-Bran + 2 cups skim milk + 1 serving whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil
(600 calories, 45g protein, 68g carbs, 19g fat)

Meal 2: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup 2% milk
(410 calories, 50g protein, 32g carbs, 9g fat)

Meal 3: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup mixed fruit + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
(370 calories, 30g protein, 28g carbs, 18g fat)

Meal 5: 2 slices whole wheat bread + 2 slices low-fat cheese + turkey breast + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + apple

Meal 6: 1 tbsp. peanut butter
(90 calories, 4g protein, 3g carbs, 8g fat)
Diet Totals.
Total Calories: 2390
Total (g) Protein: 203g
Total (g) Carbs: 251g
Total (g) Fat: 71g
Overall Comments.
Feel pretty good today for the most part. My ALA powder came in the mail today which was good. I also joined the YMCA for $17 a month which is a LOT better than my current gym. Theyll also probably have more access to different machines, etc.
Pain/Soreness.
Not really that sore today in my upper body. But DAMN! My lower body is aching. Quads and hamstring are hurting, and so are my calves. Quads are KILLING me! :cry::cry:
Sleep.
8 hours! sleep last night. Didnt wake up at all, great amount, good sleep.
Supplements.
With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 1 Adrenalin

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

Training. Delts, Traps.
Seated Behind-Neck Presses: 160 x 8.5 ****

... Awesome f*cking set! Totally an all out balls to the wall set. Cleaned up the 160 lbs. and started repping it out. Achieved 7 good reps without any kind of assistance at all. Then the 8th rep my spotter had his fingertips on the bar, but didnt give me much if any help he said. Then got another half rep. Great set! Really hammered my delts and traps.

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Presses: 70 x 6.5 ****

... Wow another excellent set! Beat down my delts with this set completely. Really hammered them. Kept my form and my ROM perfect throughout this entire set. Great overall set. Achieved 6 reps with full ROM and then tried for my seventh and I know I wasnt going to get it so I just went with a half rep instead.

One-arm Dumbbell Side-laterals: 37.5 x 8 ****

... Wow these were GREAT. Wow totally intense, great delt contractions, overall awesome set. Really really felt good about this exercise today. Really made sure that everything went totally well with the whole set. :D:D

Lying One-arm Dumbbell Laterals: 27.5 ****

... Wow F*CKED UP my rear and side delts with this exercise. Form is totally in a fixed position so there is no possible way of cheating in this exercise. Really had a great ROM and an awesome overall set. These always are a great exercise.

Hang Cleans: 150 x 7 ****

... Wow GREAT set. Very very intense, with a really really flawless technique. Made sure that I stayed bentover enough that my upper and middle traps were completely flexed, but made sure that I wasnt using too much momentum. Awesome set, pumped up and beat up my traps completely. :thumbup::thumbup:

Dumbbell Shrugs: 105 x 8 ****

... Wow way to finish off my workout strong. Hammered the sh*t outta my traps with these. They were basically more static shrugs than anything else to be honest. Very very very slow and controlled reps. Awesome set. Killed my grip too! Which is always nice.
Training Length.
Workout today lasted 25 minutes. Good length I think. Hopefully everything will end up working out okay with my new gym membership at the YMCA.
Water.
Took in an OKAY amount today, starting to feel thirsty as the day goes by.
Weight.
Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 201.5 lbs. Actually kind of pissed off about my weight. Just because I ended up eating right before my damn workout. Oh well not too big of a deal I dont think.

MonStar1023
03-29-2002, 06:35 AM
Haha this is hard for me to believe bu this is how I think I will achieve the best gains. A few years ago I was training with 20+ sets per bodypart. Slowly as time has gone by I have been lowering and lowering and lowering my training volume. Now its so low its really crazy. Here are my total # of sets for each bodypart.
Chest- 5
Back- 5
Shoulders- 4
Biceps- 3
Triceps- 3
Traps- 2
Forearms- 2
Abs- 2
Quads- 3
Hamstrings- 2
Calves- 2
I have been doing a few exercises per bodypart, with 1-2 sets each. Well after gathering what I could from my personal training experiences, I realize now that just ONE intense working set per exercise is completely efficient. So I am going to keep the same # of total sets, just add some single set exercises.

... For example my chest routine would look like something like..
Flat Barbell Presses 1 set
Flat Dumbbell Presses 1 set
Weighted Dips 1 set
Flat Dumbbell Flyes 1 set
Cable Crossovers 1 set
Or something along these lines.

Sebi
03-29-2002, 07:04 AM
Change again, Monstar? :eek:
I like the idea of having more exercises though.

Great workout you had. :thumbup: Still impressed by the weights. Good job.

MonStar1023
03-29-2002, 07:06 AM
Sebi-
Thanks a lot man I really appreciate you checking out my journal. Been kind of bored here latelyh. Hehe. Yeah last few workouts have gone really well. Really enjoyed them. Just signed up for a new gym so this should be a lot of fun. Really really looking forward to it. Good luck on your training and everything like that.

MonStar1023
03-29-2002, 02:15 PM
Cardio.

... Took my ALA before cardio again, and again it was REALLY tough at first, but got easier. Quads were also really sore. Damn that ALA powder burned my throat like crazy! Had to wash it down with a lot of water. :drooling::drooling:
Diet. Isocaloric Day.
Meal 1: 2 servings whey protein + 2 cups skim milk + 3/4 cup Grape Nut Flakes + 1/2 cup All-Bran + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil

Meal 2: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup 2% milk
(400 calories, 50g protein, 33g carbs, 8g fat)

... :p:p Tasty MRP! Wow tried the Choclate Mint flavor EAS Myoplex MRP and damn is it tasty! Thick a creamy like a milkshake. Great tasting stuff here!

Meal 3: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup mixed fruit + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
(370 calories, 30g protein, 28g carbs, 18g fat)

Meal 4: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + 1 can tuna + 1 & 1/2 tbsp. low-fat mayo + 2 slices low-fat cheese
(500 calories, 50g protein, 38g carbs, 20g fat)

BINGE! tuttuttuttut
Diet Totals.
Total Calories:
Total (g) Protein:
Total (g) Carbs:
Total (g) Fat:
Overall Comments.
This week kinda sucks with a CID because I am going 4 days eating isocaloric until my next feed which will be on Sunday. Just today and tomorrow. I can do it.
Pain/Soreness.
Really beat up today. Damn my quads are KILLING me! Wow totally hurting like crazy when I woke up this morning. Aching all over the damn place! Delts and traps are also sore.
Sleep.
7 hours last night, without any interuptions. Finally got a good amount of sleep last night.
Supplements.
Precardio: 500 mg. ALA + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

With Meal 3: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

With Meal 4: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

Training. Rest.

Training Length.
:cry::cry: Glad I have a damn rest day my lower body and delts and sh*t are MURDERED!
Water.

Weight.
My girlfriend worked out today and I took her to the gym etc. and I weighed in at 206.5 lbs. They say to stick with what works. So unfortunately I am going back to NHE. NHE I was getting stronger and losing the fat too.

rookiebldr
03-30-2002, 05:22 AM
MonStar, how much time do you give for the ALA to work before you do your cardio? I tend to get up in the morning, do a light stretch and then hit the bike. I've got maybe 10 mins before I'm riding.

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 06:27 AM
About 15 minutes since I take ALA powder, gets right into my system. Maybe 20 minutes at the most.

MarshallPenn
03-30-2002, 09:39 AM
Monstar - Why are you going back to NHE??? It's NOT a healthy diet.

Some things worth mentioning -- you're eating way more than with NHE, so wouldn't you expect to gain weight??? If you're not satisfied, just drop your caloric intake some and lose the "refeed" day, you'll do just fine.

Secondly, your weight fluctuations are so large that it's obviously nothing more than water and undigested food. You don't gain 5lbs of fat in 2 days, so you NEED to start looking at the BIG PICTURE.

Lastly, don't you ever want to put additional muscle on? Maybe that's happening. You've put up your photos and everyone tells you how great you look, what aren't you seeing?

rookiebldr
03-30-2002, 07:57 PM
MonStar, you didn't switch your diet again, did you? tuttut I agree with Marshall, keep your diet and routine consistant for a few weeks so that you can measure your progress. :cool: :cool: Just my opinion and certainly not based on any stunning progress that I've made or lack thereof. :(

I went looking for some ALA but all I could find so far is the capsules - the ALA is Alpha Lipoic Acid correct? Where did you find the powder?

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 08:22 PM
MarshallPenn-
NHE may not be the healthiest diet so to speak since it is rather high fat, but NHE is based on 1700+ studies. Also I achieved incredible results with NHE. In 2 months I lost something like 25 lbs. Or something along those lines. Stick with what works guys!

rookiebldr-
Whatsup man? Yeah I am going back with NHE. My girlfriend is rubbing it in my face because shes saying that I never should have switched what was working for me. Oh well. Go to www.beyond-a-century.com and search for alpha lipoic acid. They sell 50g of the powder for like $17. Very cheap.

rookiebldr
03-30-2002, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the site, it would appear that they no longer send internationally due to customs problems - oh well. I check a bit more here in Canada there are lots of stores here, I haven't exhausted the search yet. :)

It's great to have a girlfriend who is supportive of those goals. Diets can be a really tough to follow, esp. if your girlfriend is always wondering why not eating this or that. To my friends, I've just become the protein guy, since it seems when ever we go out, I'm looking for the protein in our meals. It's amazing how much fat and carbs are in the typical menus. :cool: :cool:

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-31-2002, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by MarshallPenn
Monstar - Why are you going back to NHE??? It's NOT a healthy diet.

You really have no clue. have you even read the book?

MarshallPenn
03-31-2002, 09:27 AM
No, would you like to send me a copy? I'd love to read it. If you'd like I'd be happy to point you to a myriad of information about the health risks of extreme low-carb diets, but I think all you really wanted to do was insult me.

But, let me guess. The book, written by someone trying to make a ton of cash selling some miracle weight loss program, says that the diet is good for you? That would be a surprise.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-31-2002, 10:26 AM
No.

It's not extreme low carb. It's not even keto.

If you haven't read the book you have no merit to criticise it.

And i'd love you to read it - it's a great read.

P.s. I talk to everyone like that. Get used to it.

MarshallPenn
03-31-2002, 11:23 AM
Chicken - just point to a link if you have one. From looking at Monstar's journal, his carb intake was extremely low while he was on NHE and, if I remember correctly, his choice of fats were pretty awful at times (buffalo wings, heavy whipping cream, etc. -- all not healthy). No offense Monstar.

Monstar - I still don't understand 3 things:

1) Your caloric intake on CID was fairly high, why not just lower it to lose weight?

2) How can losing 25lbs in 2 months be considered a good thing? It's hard to believe you didn't strip off some hard earned muscle.

3) If you're so obsessed with keeping your weight under 200lbs, how the hell did you get up to 230lbs??? :-)

MonStar1023
03-31-2002, 11:27 AM
1) Because I didnt care for a CID. Didnt like the all day refeeds.

2) I was trying to lose a LOT of fat, and I still am bro. NHE is more efficient at fat/weight loss than a CID.

3) I am not obsessed with being under 200 lbs., I just think that under 200 lbs. is where Ill be ripped.

MonStar1023
03-31-2002, 11:28 AM
By the way any kind of low-carb foods are totally fine on NHE, hot wings, heavy whipping cream, whatever.

;);)

Read NHE bro. www.extique.com.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-31-2002, 01:00 PM
The carb intake is to be between 20-60 (or no more than 40g if you're female). Except of course during the metabloic shift where you take in no more than 20g. This is the closest the diet gets to keto (some do for a day or so go into ketosis, but that's dependant upon the individual).

There's also more frequent carb ups than conventional keto diets (twice a week).

by the way, fat isn't the evil that you've been brought up to believe.

And monstar should have been eating more fibre via green veg than he was but alas...

Blood&Iron
03-31-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
The carb intake is to be between 20-60 (or no more than 40g if you're female). Except of course during the metabloic shift where you take in no more than 20g. This is the closest the diet gets to keto (some do for a day or so go into ketosis, but that's dependant upon the individual).

This is a ketogenic diet. Your brain requires more glucose than this to function. There is not a person in existence who *wouldn't* go into ketosis on 20g of carbs a day.

the doc
03-31-2002, 08:29 PM
your never entering ketosis
why?
30-60 g carb / day after a carb up is plenty to prevent this

To really achieve ketosis you need to stay under 20 g carb / day and 25% protein / 75 % fat ratio for several days

not gonna happen on NHE

Blood&Iron
03-31-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by the doc
your never entering ketosis
why?
30-60 g carb / day after a carb up is plenty to prevent this

Perhaps not. I was merely referring to the 20g a day statement by Chicken_Daddy. Although, I still suspect quite a few people do. BTW, are you just taking Faigin's word, or do you actually test your urine for ketones?

To really achieve ketosis you need to stay under 20 g carb / day and 25% protein / 75 % fat ratio for several days

I--and quite a few others with whom I'm acquainted--go into ketosis on after only a day or two on 40-50g of carbs. During my times on a CKD I would go into ketosis within 24hours of the end of my carb-up. I have also gone into ketosis on 100g of carbs a day--when exercising extensively.

the doc
03-31-2002, 09:11 PM
do you actually test your urine for ketones?

***of course
I never take anyone's word- I am a scientist man :)

curious though, how old are you? When we get older metabolism slows and no way could you achieve ketosis at 100 g day-unless you were involved in some serious athletic activity

MarshallPenn
03-31-2002, 11:19 PM
I'm curious? Why eat this way? If you just eat fish, greens, fruit and olives, nuts, flax oil etc... you hav a low carb intake and that's super healthy. I don't count calories, or watch my fat intake.

In fact, I tested the lowest cholesterol recorded in my state to-date, and my gf who ate the same exact diet tested 1 point higher, so, the second lowest in the state.

Where do hotwings, cake and ketosis come into the picture of healthy eating? Trying to understand.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-01-2002, 07:14 AM
B&I, i said 20g cause that is what you need to keep carbs at for the first seven days to make the metabolic shift. And i did cover my ass by saying that some individuals do go into ketosis, but it does depend upon the type.

damn, ketosis with 100g carbs. You're a freak :)

And marshall, the cakes and all the "junk" food is just to let the person who finds dieting hard know that they can have the food they enjoy providing they cycle it in properly. Some people have issues and just find scrapping all junk food completely too hard. Rob tries to make the diet possible for everyone. It's like giving a dog a treat for being good - If the dieter does well, they can treat themselves with a cake during the carb up.

Remember, it's a "universal" diet and isn't necessarily designed for BBers only.

Blood&Iron
04-01-2002, 11:11 AM

curious though, how old are you? When we get older metabolism slows and no way could you achieve ketosis at 100 g day-unless you were involved in some serious athletic activity
I'm 24 years old(Just barely, though.) As I mentioned I was training a lot. I was experimenting with lifting two times a day, 4 days a week on a split routine. I did low-reps to failure in the morning and repeated the routine with high reps to failure in the evening. In total I ended up lifting for about 2 hours a day--so obviously it was quite a high volume of work.

the doc
04-01-2002, 11:58 AM
ok give youself 5-6 more years and things will slow down a bit
damn that is quite a bit of volume..

Were you testing your urine?

Blood&Iron
04-01-2002, 12:03 PM

Were you testing your urine?
Yes. I had not intended to go into ketosis, actually. I had some of the "symptoms" of ketosis, so I got out some ketostrips and, sure enough, I was in ketosis.