PDA

View Full Version : Soda is back on the ok list?

Altephor
02-19-2008, 08:01 PM
http://kitsunenoir.com/blog/2008/02/13/pepsi-raw/

What do you think?

j03
02-20-2008, 12:55 PM
http://kitsunenoir.com/blog/2008/02/13/pepsi-raw/

What do you think?

Umm no, still a bunch of garbage. I mean for heaven sakes "cane sugar", yeah that will do you real good. I mean if you want a flavored drink, make a smoothie or protein shake.

Sensei
02-20-2008, 01:15 PM
I am going to put out a new drink for the health-conscious Americans. I will call it "TASTEE BROWN WATER". It will really just be cola, but I will market it as "a flavored beverage with a proprietary blend of natural energy boosters". The natural energy boosters will be caffeine and sugar, but I think it will sell.

Altephor
02-20-2008, 09:23 PM
For the record, I didn't really think it was suddenly healthy to drink.. just found it interesting.

WBBIRL
02-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Big whoop, it dropped a total of 30 calories.

Whats the carbohydrate totals looking like?

RhodeHouse
02-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Soda is good! I like Stop & Shop Brand Strawberry and Grape Soda. You math guys can figure out how many carbs are in there. It's a massive 130 calories per 8oz serving. ALL the carbs are from sugar! That's a man's drink. Smoothies are gay!

"Can I get a smoothie, please?" = gay

"Can I get soda, please?" = manly

Sensei
02-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Vodka is 100 calories/1.5oz. shot.

"Can I get a soda, please?" = girly

"Give me a vodka." = manly

ShockBoxer
02-21-2008, 10:59 AM
I prefer not to drink calories at all (barely make an exception for a protein shake). Give me a water any day.

Well, except for a Hot Chocolate at Cora's. I love the whipped cream on top smothered in cocoa powder. That's my one caloric drink of the week.

drew
02-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Vodka is 100 calories/1.5oz. shot.

"Can I get a soda, please?" = girly

"Give me a vodka." = manly

Ordering a vodka = girly

Taking the bottle of Wild Turkey from behind the bar, smashing the top off, and drinking along with glass shards = manly

azma
02-21-2008, 11:07 AM
...Looks like someone at a British marketing firm is getting a pay raise and a pat on the back.

"Give me a vodka, sir." = manly
"Give me a backrub, sir." = homoerotic

Honestly, if you can forget about ethanol-induced rhabdomyolysis and the possibility of alcohol poisoning for a second, it's hard to disagree: at 7 calories per gram, alcohol is the ultimate tool for the bulking bodybuilder. Expect products like "Skyy Fit" to hit the shelves within the season.....

brihead301
02-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Ordering a vodka = girly

Taking the bottle of Wild Turkey from behind the bar, smashing the top off, and drinking along with glass shards = manly

Eh..Still kinda girly

Grabbing the hot bartender's ass, while her boyfriend is at the other end of the bar, then kicking his ass for trying to c**k block you, then grabbing a bottle of whiskey from behind the bar and pounding it down, followed by breaking the end of the bottle on her boyfriends head, who is already on the ground crying, so you're left with a nice, sharp weapon and then offering anyone else who wants to f*** with you to a fight - badass

shansen008
02-21-2008, 08:25 PM
A couple things....

Gotta give it up to Pepsi for finally ditching high fructose corn syrup. Though a token effort considering its only in 1 product being offered for a limited time in Europe only.

Its actually quite a slap in the face to US consumers. Pepsi knows that the general masses in the US still dont really understand just how bad HFCS is for us. Thus it wouldnt go over well....which is why its in Europe for sure.

Just like how practically every model of car in Europe can be bought with a diesel engine, for better mileage. In the US diesels are rare, unless youre buying a huge work truck, in which case it still gets crappy mileage.

Corporations are calling the US stupid, even ones that are US based.

Runty
02-22-2008, 12:31 AM
^^ News flash man. A very large portion of the US is stupid. Not saying there aren't idiots in Europe, but there seems to be more cocky misinformed on top of the world idiots in the US.

Invain
02-22-2008, 07:51 AM
^^ News flash man. A very large portion of the US is stupid. Not saying there aren't idiots in Europe, but there seems to be more cocky misinformed on top of the world idiots in the US.

I'm pretty sure that's what he was trying to say dude.

HahnB
02-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Umm no, still a bunch of garbage. I mean for heaven sakes "cane sugar", yeah that will do you real good. I mean if you want a flavored drink, make a smoothie or protein shake.

It's not good to drink 6 cans of pop a day, but I would hate to go through life making a protein shake every time I wanted a flavored drink.

Rodzilla
02-24-2008, 09:20 AM
I never drink pop. Why would you wanna put that crap in your body.

RhodeHouse
02-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I never drink pop. Why would you wanna put that crap in your body.

Soda is a power drink. I'd hate to be small and not drink soda.