PDA

View Full Version : Rhodes' new diet to lose some weight and get ready for surgery

RhodeHouse
02-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Alright boys, here it is. My diet to lose some weight and see if I can get abs by doing absolutely nothing to change my diet other than eat less. Already lost 7lbs.

Today's eats

Breakfast
1 piece of pound cake and Red Bull

Lunch
Turkey sandwich
3 pieces of cheese
mustard/mayo
Crystal Light

Snack
Protein Shake

Snack
Trail Mix
Protein Shake

Still waiting on dinner. I think it's gonna be steak and mashed potatoes

You guys that take this stuff way too seriously are gonna be pissed when I show you how easy it is.

Notorious
02-20-2008, 04:48 PM
What!? Abs are for pansies!

But seriously, why the change of heart?

Killa Kurt
02-20-2008, 04:48 PM
For someone who bumps McDonalds so hard, you're sure eating pretty safe.

Slim Schaedle
02-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Pansy diet

DoUgL@S
02-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Eat pound cake and red bull for all your meals, then I'll be impressed. ;)

BFGUITAR
02-20-2008, 05:46 PM
You guys that take this stuff way too seriously are gonna be pissed when I show you how easy it is.

Hahaha so true.

It's easy, just takes time.

WBBIRL
02-20-2008, 06:11 PM
What I'm more intrigued about is, why do you need surgery and why do you have to drop weight?

Or are you just dropping weight on your own accord for a surgery and the doctor didn't tell you that you had to?

Slim Schaedle
02-20-2008, 06:34 PM
With that diet, it looks as if it will be gastric bypass surgery.

brihead301
02-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Huh?

Am I f***ing high???

A little...

Chubrock
02-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Rhodes decided to be a pirate. Maybe he'll get a cool glass eye.

RhodeHouse
02-20-2008, 07:28 PM
What I'm more intrigued about is, why do you need surgery and why do you have to drop weight?

Or are you just dropping weight on your own accord for a surgery and the doctor didn't tell you that you had to?

I dislocated the lense in my left eye. When I had eye surgery the first time, I had a running conversation with the surgeon for the whole surgery. Because of my bodyweight, it's hard for them to keep me sedated enough to not be coherant. I remember the whole conversation

smokinHawk
02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
aliens have taken over rhodes body, i tell you

RedSpikeyThing
02-20-2008, 09:01 PM
I hope this becomse a Dave Tate project.
You gotta post a pic too man.

whiteman90909
02-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm really curious to see how this turns out...

Indifference
02-20-2008, 11:41 PM
before and after rhodes... including a pic of your eye!

Rusty
02-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Good luck with the weight loss and surgery Rhodes. I'll slam back an extra helping of McDonalds today for ya.

How did you dislocate the lense in your eye?

drew
02-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Good luck with this Rhodes. I must say, however that I was dismayed to see in your journal that you ate "leftover" steak and potatoes. Now, regardless of your diet you should never, NEVER have leftover steak.

Never.

I swear to God man, it was like finding out Santa Claus is fake.

HahnB
02-21-2008, 08:41 AM
I think you'll find that as you lose more and more weight, what and how much you're eating will become more important- to some degree. Good luck, looking forward to following the progress.

brihead301
02-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Good luck with this Rhodes. I must say, however that I was dismayed to see in your journal that you ate "leftover" steak and potatoes. Now, regardless of your diet you should never, NEVER have leftover steak.

Never.

I swear to God man, it was like finding out Santa Claus is fake.

HAHA, ya that's just wrong, but under these circumstances I guess it's acceptable.

RhodeHouse
02-21-2008, 10:29 AM
I'll probably only lose another 7-10lbs. I already feel anorexic at 297. I don't know how you guys walk around at less than 200lbs. I'll have a heart attack when I see 290!

I guess when you really have to work to gain it, you don't wanna part with it.
As for the steak, it was not my leftovers. Drew, Santa Claus is real. So is the Easter Bunny.

For all of you who seem to think I'll be changing my diet - WRONG! The day before, I ate a #1 from God's Kitchen. I will not change anything I eat. I will simply alter my serving sizes.

No one has invaded my body. I go thru this phase after every contest. The love of my life just told me I look hot no matter how chubby I get. And that my friends, is all that matters. For all you skinny guys that think girls like abs and all that gay Abercrombie $hit, you are wrong. My love is about 5'5" 135lbs and she likes the XXXL. Sorry to ruin your screwed up realities.

I'll post my daily intake later. I'm also posting tis in my log at EFS.

brihead301
02-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Chicks dig 210 lb., hairy, somewhat chubby dudes with a sh**load of muscle underneath.

drew
02-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I guess when you really have to work to gain it, you don't wanna part with it.As for the steak, it was not my leftovers. Drew, Santa Claus is real. So is the Easter Bunny.

OK, that's comforting to know.

I also know that the tooth fairy is real

http://static.flickr.com/45/164831809_5d8baf0d7e.jpg

Holto
02-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Good luck bro.

bjohnso
02-21-2008, 02:09 PM

That's my biggest problem. Good luck, you'll gain it back fast.

brihead301
02-21-2008, 02:26 PM
See, Rhodes I think you're just like an anorexic or bulemic girl, but the exact opposite.

If an aneorexic starts to gain weight, she'll freak out and starve herself to get skinnier, but she'll never be happy unless she's constantly getting smaller.

You, on the other hand will eventually freak out once you lose too much weight, and you will do whatever it takes to gain more. I have a feeling that God's kitchen will be your new home for a few months after your surgery.

I have faith in you my fat friend.

pulse
02-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Dude thats messed up. So if they are doing some kind of corrective surgery on your eye and you're too big to be sedated are you too big for the pain medicine? Ive always had a big pet peeve about even touching my own eye. Having someone cutting on it and stuff? Not for me..

TommyBoy
02-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Alright boys, here it is. My diet to lose some weight and see if I can get abs by doing absolutely nothing to change my diet other than eat less. Already lost 7lbs.
Hmmmm....this sounds like a challenge. Care to compete against a fellow fatty?

RhodeHouse
02-21-2008, 05:45 PM
See, Rhodes I think you're just like an anorexic or bulemic girl, but the exact opposite.

If an aneorexic starts to gain weight, she'll freak out and starve herself to get skinnier, but she'll never be happy unless she's constantly getting smaller.

You, on the other hand will eventually freak out once you lose too much weight, and you will do whatever it takes to gain more. I have a feeling that God's kitchen will be your new home for a few months after your surgery.

I have faith in you my fat friend.

BANG! You hit the nail on the head, bro. I won't wither away to anything less than 290.

RhodeHouse
02-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Dude thats messed up. So if they are doing some kind of corrective surgery on your eye and you're too big to be sedated are you too big for the pain medicine? Ive always had a big pet peeve about even touching my own eye. Having someone cutting on it and stuff? Not for me..

No, I was sedated enough to not care what was going on. Anymore and the anesthesiologist (sp) (my cousin is one) said it might kill me. No pain whatsoever, though. Just awake for the whole damn thing.

You're never too big for percocet. The bodyweight and apnea has something to do with it, as well. I'll be fine, just not looking forward to it. All in all, it's a pretty quick surgery. Thy're going into the eye, draining out the Vitrious Humor (fluid inside the eye), removing the dislocated lens, refilling the eye with fluid, and suturing the new lense to the Iris (I think?) It's called an Anterior Chamber Lens. It'll be about 8-10 weeks of lighter exercise and lifting before the lens is completely healed in place. This is a perfect opportunity for me to do some bodybuilding-type training. I need to work on some imbalances I've created over the years of PLing. This will also help me get into better overall shape and cut some fat. Once I get back after it, I'll have a really solid base to build from. 330-340lbs by IPA Nationals in November is the goal.

BFGUITAR
02-21-2008, 06:31 PM
No, I was sedated enough to not care what was going on. Anymore and the anesthesiologist (sp) (my cousin is one) said it might kill me. No pain whatsoever, though. Just awake for the whole damn thing.

You're never too big for percocet. The bodyweight and apnea has something to do with it, as well. I'll be fine, just not looking forward to it. All in all, it's a pretty quick surgery. Thy're going into the eye, draining out the Vitrious Humor (fluid inside the eye), removing the dislocated lens, refilling the eye with fluid, and suturing the new lense to the Iris (I think?) It's called an Anterior Chamber Lens. It'll be about 8-10 weeks of lighter exercise and lifting before the lens is completely healed in place. This is a perfect opportunity for me to do some bodybuilding-type training. I need to work on some imbalances I've created over the years of PLing. This will also help me get into better overall shape and cut some fat. Once I get back after it, I'll have a really solid base to build from. 330-340lbs by IPA Nationals in November is the goal.

If your going to lean up to a point where you get abs why not compete at a lower weight class? Unless the abs part was a joke lol.

McVein
02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Good luck with the surgery dude

RhodeHouse
02-21-2008, 08:10 PM
If your going to lean up to a point where you get abs why not compete at a lower weight class? Unless the abs part was a joke lol.

Therein lies your problem, dude. I'm 6'4". To have good leverages I should legitimately be over 400lbs. I'll get abs just to prove it's not that tough, then pile on the weight. If looking good is a concern of yours, you'll not go far in PLing. Not to say you can't do it, but thinking about abs and a lower bodyweight at your age and experience level will get you nothing but weaker.

HP666
02-22-2008, 03:59 PM
The love of my life just told me I look hot no matter how chubby I get. And that my friends, is all that matters. For all you skinny guys that think girls like abs and all that gay Abercrombie $hit, you are wrong. My love is about 5'5" 135lbs and she likes the XXXL. Sorry to ruin your screwed up realities.

You are the man Rhodes. Good luck with the surgery.

Killa Kurt
02-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Rhodes this thread is extremely disappointing I hope you know. You realize you are violating a lot of Rhodestown rules don't you?

RhodeHouse
02-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Rhodes this thread is extremely disappointing I hope you know. You realize you are violating a lot of Rhodestown rules don't you?

My friend, I am still above 275lbs, an elite lifter, I still sleep with a CPAP, sweat for no reason, and breath heavy during sex. I do realize that I'm not being the "ideal" leader by example, but once surgery is over, I'll be getting up to 330lbs for a contest in November.

In my down time, Jim Wendler and Jabba will run the city.

Killa Kurt
02-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Does the Rhodestown council know about this?

RhodeHouse
02-26-2008, 08:32 PM
Does the Rhodestown council know about this?

Yes sir, they do. I speak with Jabba and Jim on a weekly basis. They are not happy, but understand my dilemma.

As a sidenote, I was 291 today. I officially started to cry. I have hit rock bottom. I will be eating at McDonald's tonight. I will not, under any circumstance, let myself get under 290! NO F@#$ING WAY, DUDE. I feel anorexic! I have problems.

andrewnp
02-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Yes sir, they do. I speak with Jabba and Jim on a weekly basis. They are not happy, but understand my dilemma.

As a sidenote, I was 291 today. I officially started to cry. I have hit rock bottom. I will be eating at McDonald's tonight. I will not, under any circumstance, let myself get under 290! NO F@#$ING WAY, DUDE. I feel anorexic! I have problems.

you actually do have a problem

bigorexia :D
google it.

except you dont look for a big sculpted body, you just want to be a freak of nature, which you are.

LouPac
02-26-2008, 10:01 PM
I'll probably only lose another 7-10lbs. I already feel anorexic at 297. I don't know how you guys walk around at less than 200lbs. I'll have a heart attack when I see 290!

As for the steak, it was not my leftovers. Drew, Santa Claus is real. So is the Easter Bunny.

For all of you who seem to think I'll be changing my diet - WRONG! The day before, I ate a #1 from God's Kitchen. I will not change anything I eat. I will simply alter my serving sizes.

No one has invaded my body. I go thru this phase after every contest. The love of my life just told me I look hot no matter how chubby I get. And that my friends, is all that matters. For all you skinny guys that think girls like abs and all that gay Abercrombie $hit, you are wrong. My love is about 5'5" 135lbs and she likes the XXXL. Sorry to ruin your screwed up realities.

"God's Kitchen" lol

DirtyRobot
02-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Does anyone have a link to Mr. RhodeHouse's legendary diets? I am somewhat new here. :)

EDIT: I have done a search... I was just wondering if there were any specific threads people were talking about.

RhodeHouse
02-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Does anyone have a link to Mr. RhodeHouse's legendary diets? I am somewhat new here. :)

EDIT: I have done a search... I was just wondering if there were any specific threads people were talking about.

Dude, I don't really follow anything specific. I believe in eating whatever I want and training hard. The rest falls into place. If you train hard and smart, it doesn't really matter what you put in your body.

DirtyRobot
02-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Dude, I don't really follow anything specific. I believe in eating whatever I want and training hard. The rest falls into place. If you train hard and smart, it doesn't really matter what you put in your body.
Sorry, shoulda been clear; I wasn't referring to a specific diet, It just seemed like there might be some thread or something specific that people were referring to. One where you decided to give an example of a day's eating or went off on a long rant or something, That was just my impression. Guess I was wrong.

RhodeHouse
02-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Sorry, shoulda been clear; I wasn't referring to a specific diet, It just seemed like there might be some thread or something specific that people were referring to. One where you decided to give an example of a day's eating or went off on a long rant or something, That was just my impression. Guess I was wrong.

No, you're right. I'm sure there are a few threads where I ranted on about eating and all the uber-health homos told me how fat and stupid I am. I know a few got erased.

Too many people worry about diet WAY too much. It's always the tiny little guys that weigh 140 telling me how dumb I am for eating the way I do. My leg is USUALLY bigger than they are. Yet, they seem to think they can tell me that I have no clue what I'm talking about. I guess at 317lbs (my heaviest) and 16%BF I have no clue what I'm talking about.

Another rant is coming...

Notorious
02-27-2008, 05:07 PM
My leg is USUALLY bigger than they are.

Waaay too funny!

Probably true too.

nzk
02-29-2008, 08:59 AM
I dislocated the lense in my left eye. When I had eye surgery the first time, I had a running conversation with the surgeon for the whole surgery. Because of my bodyweight, it's hard for them to keep me sedated enough to not be coherant. I remember the whole conversation

im an anesthesiologist and can tell u that cutting is not gonna help your situation much. the biggest factor in determing how much sedation one can get without getting a full bore general anesthetic is your upper airway. this can be improved with only dramatic weight loss. just from your pic i can tell that you have to lose a LOT of weight (and strength) to get there.
if i were u i would just take what i can get sedation-wise, unless u get extremely uncomfortable under the drapes (seems like u did fine the last time).

RhodeHouse
02-29-2008, 10:59 AM
im an anesthesiologist and can tell u that cutting is not gonna help your situation much. the biggest factor in determing how much sedation one can get without getting a full bore general anesthetic is your upper airway. this can be improved with only dramatic weight loss. just from your pic i can tell that you have to lose a LOT of weight (and strength) to get there.
if i were u i would just take what i can get sedation-wise, unless u get extremely uncomfortable under the drapes (seems like u did fine the last time).

Thanks for the advice. I do have Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and sleep with a CPAP. Well, the diet is over. Thank god.

fpr
02-29-2008, 11:42 AM
I see that you don't watch specifically what you eat... do you count calories/protein intake? Or do you just usually go for in the ballpark each day?

RhodeHouse
03-02-2008, 01:41 PM
I see that you don't watch specifically what you eat... do you count calories/protein intake? Or do you just usually go for in the ballpark each day?

No counting - waste of time. I don't care how many calories I take in. When I'm trying to gain weight I eat more food, and I get bigger. When I started losing weight for surgery, I ate less. It's that simple.

There are a few things that I do try to do.
-300-400g of protein per day
-when gaining weight, jack up my carbs
-ganing = 4 meals per day
-losing = 7-10 meals per day