PDA

View Full Version : Creatine Capsules worth it?

Twan
02-20-2008, 09:55 PM
I hate to knock an ALN product, but after looking at the price of Creatine Capsules vs. Creatine powder, who can justify buying the capsules?

You get 58 less servings of creatine in the capsules (each serving for each product is 5 grams).

You pay an extra $9.

You must take 7 capsules at a time to get the same amount of creatine as the simple throw powder in the mouth + wash down with water.

Am I missing something?

deeder
02-20-2008, 10:19 PM
I hate to knock an ALN product, but after looking at the price of Creatine Capsules vs. Creatine powder, who can justify buying the capsules?

You get 58 less servings of creatine in the capsules (each serving for each product is 5 grams).

You pay an extra $9.

You must take 7 capsules at a time to get the same amount of creatine as the simple throw powder in the mouth + wash down with water.

Am I missing something?

Some people prefer capsules. Simple as that :hello:

getb1g
02-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Is the ALN creatine500 tasteless?

&& yeah... some people rather pop pills

Travis Bell
02-20-2008, 11:11 PM
yes the Creatine500 is tastless and an easy way to take it. Some people can't really tolerate it though so the capsules is an easy substitution. Sure its 9bucks more but if you really have a difficult time getting the powder down, it'd be worth it

Joe Black
02-21-2008, 02:06 AM
Thats exactly it.

We never thought about selling creatine capsules before and I was having a conversation with a guy at work who was taking creatine capsules. I asked him why he didn't take the powder and for him it was simple convenience... He hated taking the powder and just found it easier to pop the capsules - price not being a factor.

It's more expensive for us to produce creatine in capsules, hence the higher price, but for some (in fact, many!) it's a convenience worth paying for!

robertd
02-25-2008, 07:23 PM

You pay an extra $9.

Am I missing something?

it is true some people like the convenience of caps/tabs, but for the same price you could get CEE caps rather than CM caps. :)

chris mason
02-25-2008, 09:40 PM
it is true some people like the convenience of caps/tabs, but for the same price you could get CEE caps rather than CM caps. :)

So, you can get an inferior product for the same price. Good on ya...

Do a little unbiased research on CEE and you will see what I mean (try Pubmed.com).

Chris

Travis Bell
02-25-2008, 09:49 PM
CEE is what turned me off to creatine as a whole for so long. Its junk.

CM is great. I decided to try it on a whim because its cheap and easy to take and was truely impressed with it. I can definatly notice a difference

robertd
02-26-2008, 01:35 PM
CEE is what turned me off to creatine as a whole for so long. Its junk.

CM is great. I decided to try it on a whim because its cheap and easy to take and was truely impressed with it. I can definatly notice a difference

If CM works for you then great use it, but I would be interested to know what brand(s) of CEE you used?

Travis Bell
02-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Higher Power Creatine Ethyl Ester

Labrada CreaLean

Axis Labs CEE

I noticed NO difference when taking these supplements. I took them just as directed and took the majority of the container of each before passing judgement.

robertd
02-26-2008, 03:04 PM
fair enough, it's just rare to hear of this, every CM non-responder I have ever heard from is amazed after using CEE, I have never heard anyone say CEE did nothing for them.