PDA

View Full Version : Going shopping.

cleanwithit
02-23-2008, 04:36 AM
I'm 6'3 142 lbs, and I'm going on a 3300 Calorie weight gaining diet. I need a list of foods to get. Thanks.

getfit
02-23-2008, 05:24 AM
at 6'3 142lbs EAT DOWN YOUR HOUSE!seriously!

cleanwithit
02-23-2008, 07:55 AM

LOL! I'm trying. It's kinda hard, I tried to eat 2,500 calories in one day, talk about torture. lol. Normally I only get about 1200 calories a day.

HahnB
02-23-2008, 08:07 AM
LOL! I'm trying. It's kinda hard, I tried to eat 2,500 calories in one day, talk about torture.

You won't get far in body building if you think eating 2500 calories a day is hard. That's about what your average person consumes in a day.

cleanwithit
02-23-2008, 08:09 AM
You won't get far in body building if you think eating 2500 calories a day is hard. That's about what your average person consumes in a day.

Well I'm trying to work my way up, I just started. I'm trying to get to 3300.

DirtyRobot
02-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Add olive oil to pretty much everything you cook

Always, always have almonds or some other nut to snack on.

Add stuff to more stuff. Eating oatmeal? Add a banana, a bunch of protein powder, some natural peanut butter, even a bit of olive oil.

Buy foods that are dense with calories. I mean, yeah, eat your veggies, but don't try to hit 3300 calories with 'em.

McIrish
02-23-2008, 10:02 AM
search the forums for "what a bodybuilder eats". Then add olive oil to everything. :)

EDIT: Ahh, I won't be lazy - click this and read away.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565&highlight=bodybuilder+eats

I recommend lots of homemade chili/stew. You can really pack the cals in a thick stew - meat, potatoes, veggies... it's a win-win across the board. Same with lean-meat chili.

Bupp
02-23-2008, 01:46 PM
What do you enjoy eating? Eat more of it.

Also easy way to get extra calories is through liquids. Stop drinking water and start drinking whole milk.

dougyp
02-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Bro, you need to kick up the calories, for real... I don't know if you saw my other post but we probably have a similar frame and metabolism and I found that I burned 3000 calories a day just RESTING! thats why you're so skinny. think about it, your body can only work with what you give it and if you don't give your body a SURPLUS of calories, you'll never put on any weight. Now, I'm 6'2 and 178... i started at 149. I ate like a freak with a intestinal parasite, people at work thought I was insane (4500 calories/day), yeah and it still took me like 4-5 months. You got your work cut out for you, man... but you can do it.

dougyp
02-24-2008, 01:56 AM
I apologize, my last post didn't include anything relevant to your question... I use Cytogainer (any shake with carbs and protein). I make bran muffins and eat probably 3-4 of those per day. About 2 bananas, I love pasta and I eat LOTS OF IT (whole grain, go for whole foods, they'll put on more quality muscle). I eat about 4 eggs a day with probably about 4-6 slices of whole grain, I drink milk a lot and orange juice, Tuna and Tongol is a great source of protein. Get yourself some buckwheat pancake mix and use extra eggs. Breakfast foods basically... lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... Of course, you also gotta eat your veggies or your muscles will be weak, they'll grow but they'll be weak... Eat lots of cereal. Always eat carbs with protein, always. My rule of thumb is when I eat carbs, I crab some protein to put in my stomach with it. MOST IMPORTANTLY, EAT YOUR FIBER WITH ALL THIS FOOD OR YOUR GUT WILL HATE YOU. Fish oil... GNC.