PDA

View Full Version : need recommendations for a lunch...

Dajinn
02-23-2008, 09:59 AM
hey guys, i'm 17 years old and usually take a sack lunch to school every day...this is what i usually eat:

wheat bread sandwich /w some sort of lunch meat + mustard + lettuce
dorritos(i know these have to go)
grapes
green apple slices
pecan cookies(i know these have to go)
a 16.9 fl oz bottle of water

i've been weight lifting for a while now, and i'm 5'8 and a 1/2 and weigh 175, and i'm somewhat fat but i have decent muscle around my body so i know that i can definitely stand to lose a few pounds.

im pretty dedicated to this so i really want some good recommendations for lunch. i need to replace the dorritos + cookies, i'm not sure if i need to replace the green apple slices or grapes though..i'm going to start doing cardio as well and adding up all of my calories.

also, what is an optimal breakfast food that is overall a good food that isn't too high in calories and any of the bad fats that can contribute to losing weight

thank you guys!

Paul Stagg
02-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Don't overthink this. Your lunch is OK. Think in terms of getting enough calories and enough protein first, as well as lots of veggies and fruit. So swithc out the doritos for a vegatable, and you are all set.

Use activity to alter your body composition.

toohot
02-23-2008, 11:21 AM
its simple bro..if u have to have chips get the baked ones..they r not bad..no cookies for sure, un less sugar free...also for breakfast eat sugar free oatmeal with 3to 6 eggwhites and sugar free juice. for lunch fruit, veggy, turkey, or chicken breast, or 2 cans of tuna with lots of water..1/2 gallon to gallon a day for fat loss. and, most importantly u need to be doing 30 to 50 minutes of cardio every day combined with weight training. remember its easy to lose weight burn more carbs then u bring in...follow this for a few months and u will notice...peace!

whiteman90909
02-23-2008, 01:12 PM
its simple bro..if u have to have chips get the baked ones..they r not bad..
They still have carbs, and are an overall poor choice for someone trying to lose weight.

no cookies for sure, un less sugar free...
Flour still has lots of carbs.

also for breakfast eat sugar free oatmeal with 3to 6 eggwhites and sugar free juice.

You keep acting like sugar is the only thing that makes losing weight harder. I say an omelet (the whole egg) with chicken and cheese, or a protein shake in whole milk if you're short on time. Dieting is a lot easier if you cut carbs.

for lunch fruit, veggy, turkey, or chicken breast, or 2 cans of tuna
Fruit is packed with surgar! That negates like half your post. Tuna, chicken, (any meat) and veggies (or cottage cheese, or just cheese, etc) do make for a wholesome meal though.

with lots of water..1/2 gallon to gallon a day for fat loss.
Water doesn't help you lose weight... Drink as much as you can, but don't think it will contribute to losing weight in some way.

and, most importantly u need to be doing 30 to 50 minutes of cardio every day
Wrong. You don't need any cardio, HIIT is sufficent if you want something. You can run that much if you want to, but it can have some catabolic results.

combined with weight training.
Only if you want any muscle.

remember its easy to lose weight burn more carbs then u bring in...
Do you mean calories? Because so far, you have not advised him into starting a low carb diet...

follow this for a few months and u will notice...peace!

Do so at your own discretion.

Personally, I prefer fewer fat and calorie laden meals to a bunch of small, carb filled ones stretching throughout the day. It keeps me satisfied longer, and just a bit more sane.

In my personal experience, cutting out carbs to <100g/day is the easiest change you can make to help you to lose weight. It will make your meals more satisfying, and it makes it easier to cut calories. Like Paul said, try and get your protein up too (and fats, if they aren't already).

Tracking your calories will make this whole process pretty easy. Keep your protein at least 180g/day, fat at least 90g/day, and the calories a couple hundred below maintenance. The rest should pretty much fall into place.

toohot
02-23-2008, 11:15 PM
no **** baked chips are not good for u..ur a health stud..please dude.. they r better then eating real doritios is what i said, though eating no chips is better and, yes, fruits do have sugar in them, but they r good for the heart and r a much better alternative then cookies or chips..please! and, yes, cookies r bad, but if u read what i said was they r better then real sugar filled cookies...baby steps here bro! and, obiviously u have no idea what u r talking about because numerous studies have shown water increases metabolism for approx 1/30 hour and that the main function of the liver is to convert stored fat to energy, however if u do not drink enough water then the l:outnumber: iver starts acting for the kidneys, which needs plenty of water to work properly. so, in short, if the kidneys are water deprived, the liver then has to do the kidneys job, thus lowering its total productivity of converting stored fat, and can not metabolize fat as quickly. if u allow this to happen u r setting yourself up to store even more body fat!!!!so,yes, drinking water does help lose body fat! and, for anyone to say not do cardio, along with high intensity training is an idiot. cardio is great for your heart and will strenghen it as u get older and will help u burn fat combined with weight training and a clean diet(low carb, high protein) keep out the whole milk and whole eggs if u want a live a long healthy lean life! keep it real kid!

5'10, 210,10%bf, bench 375lbs...