PDA

View Full Version : Went to my first meet today...

conroy1011
02-23-2008, 02:25 PM
I was gonna enter, but decided not to this time. It was probably one of the most fun things ive ever been to, I think i wanna start getting into Power Lifting cuz just being there got my adrenaline flowing. I also got to meet Don Thompson, who got interviewed by Chris Mason, was pretty awesome, got his e-mail and said he was gonna point me in the right direction how to get into the sport. I also asked him about Atlarge Nutrition, and he said you guys were the best of the best :) It was hosted by the South Carolina Officers Associaton, was a Bench only competition, and the most put up that made it was 520lbs. highest attempt there was 530. It was so much fun to watch, next time I want to enter.

WillKuenzel
02-23-2008, 03:41 PM
What meet was this?

Where in South Carolina are you? I'm in Charleston.

conroy1011
02-23-2008, 03:53 PM
It was called South Carolina's Law Enforcement Association Bench Press Contest, it was held at the SC police acedemy, right by columbia, it was open to the public also, thats about it, mainly held to help support SCLEA to raise money, I dont know how much advertisement they gave it, picked up a flyer from my gym.

WillKuenzel
02-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I might have known some of the guys competing. I go to up South Carolina Barbell off of Two Notch Road from time to time to train with Marc Bartley and his crew. He's got quite a few police officers that train with him. I've never been over to Donnie's gym.

conroy1011
02-23-2008, 04:42 PM
wow thats awesome, since you live in SC you know of a place where i can get into powerlifting, i work out at golds but i kinda want a smaller gym with more serious people, also how do you find out about events going on in SC?