PDA

View Full Version : I've lost 75lbs and i'm still fat! help!

tibshark
02-25-2008, 11:54 AM
I joined the forum about a year ago at 280 lbs. over 35% body fat and i'm 6-04. I've nearly killed myself but now I'm nearing SUCCESS!! When I got on the scale today I was 205 lbs. I been doing my best to cut body fat. I went from a size 42 inch pants to now a 33. A XXXL shirt now to a L/XL.
I got on a tanita body fat scale today and I'm 17.5% body fat. My daily diet every day consists of about 1500-1900 calories. I run every single day 3.25 miles in 31 minutes or quicker, but that's all the cardio i do.
I DO NOT WANT TO BE SKINNY!
I want to cut my body fat from that 17.5 down to around 10-13%. I want to maintain 205lbs and ideally want to be 225 muscularly built. Is it time for me to change my diet? I'm scared to change anything because I never want to be a fat ass like I was before? Any suggestions/help is appreciated!

Brad263
02-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Have you been lifting heavy already or Just cardio? I think if your happy with your weight I would just eat my maintanance calories and lift heavy. You will start building more muscle as your calories go back to a normal level and you lift heavy. I wouldn't worry about the access fat at your height 205 is a good starting point. Just maintain this and slowly start going up a little in weight until you reached your perfect body.

Brad263
02-25-2008, 12:08 PM
oh and congrats thats one hell of a goal to accomplish you should feel great.

Bupp
02-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Keep the diet going until you don't want to lose anymore weight. As you get stronger the muscles will grow.

tibshark
02-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the advice and congrats!! I have only been doing cardio..I have just started on the perfect push up program and bench pressing again. How should I begin to incorporate heavy lifting into my routine?

Brad263
02-25-2008, 01:01 PM
I think at your height your on the low end. You know that to by your goal of 225 and built. The reason you still have some fat on you is because you don't have the muscle yet. Once you start lifting it should remain burning the fat and start building muscle and you will notice a big difference.

There are a bunch of good routines to try. Rippetoe, WBB which is in the stickies. Or another good way is just look at other threads where people post there routines. Read what they said and then how the rest of the members shot it down and created a new one for them. Pretty much what you are looking for is a workout that has lots of compound movements and it must have Squats, Deadlifts, and Bench Press and very minimal machine work.

Use the search function and you will have a pretty good idea. Post a routine what you want to do in here and I am sure someone will critique it a little more for you.

WBBIRL
02-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Lets see a pic?

6'4 at 205 pounds you should be damn lean man...

Ditch the bodyfat scale, go get a hydrostatic bodyfat test done. You'd have to be damn flabby to be that BF at that weight.

Dan152
02-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Starting strenght FTW

tibshark
02-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Sorry my post count isn't high enough yet to post pics...Here are two links
Before:
ht tp://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/tibshark/DSC00055.jpg
After:
ht tp://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/tibshark/Sideways1.jpg

DoUgL@S
02-25-2008, 02:36 PM
I joined the forum about a year ago at 280 lbs. over 35% body fat and i'm 6-04. I've nearly killed myself but now I'm nearing SUCCESS!! When I got on the scale today I was 205 lbs. I been doing my best to cut body fat. I went from a size 42 inch pants to now a 33. A XXXL shirt now to a L/XL.
I got on a tanita body fat scale today and I'm 17.5% body fat. My daily diet every day consists of about 1500-1900 calories. I run every single day 3.25 miles in 31 minutes or quicker, but that's all the cardio i do.
I DO NOT WANT TO BE SKINNY!
I want to cut my body fat from that 17.5 down to around 10-13%. I want to maintain 205lbs and ideally want to be 225 muscularly built. Is it time for me to change my diet? I'm scared to change anything because I never want to be a fat ass like I was before? Any suggestions/help is appreciated!

How have you been killing yourself? What does your routine look like?

Also, your calories are a bit on the low side, have you taken any breaks from the diet to reset hormone levels?

Lets see a pic?

6'4 at 205 pounds you should be damn lean man...

Ditch the bodyfat scale, go get a hydrostatic bodyfat test done. You'd have to be damn flabby to be that BF at that weight.

Or skinnyfat. Buy some calipers, it's cheaper than a dunk tank.

Hatred
02-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Stop running start lifting.

andrewnp
02-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Starting strenght FTW

x2

i am like 205 @ 6'3, i guess THIS is starting :(

Brad263
02-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Here is Rippetoe's starting strength

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1854966&postcount=2

Here are the Wanna be big routines, I personally am not a huge fan because of the direct arm work in some of them.

http://www.wannabebig.com/category.php?cat=4

I am basicly doing Rippetoe's routine but split up to my liking.

tibshark
02-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the advice! I'm going to begin researching the differences in the routines. I have also recently recovered from a reconstructed acl so i'm looking for something that limits the squats. Thanks