PDA

View Full Version : 1 night of drinking and I feel like S***

The Bran Man
02-25-2008, 11:28 PM
I am 21 and used to drink a lot. For the last month I have really decided to be serious about my diet and training so I have only drink about once in the past month. The other night I went out to watch a basketball game and drank about 8 beers and 6 shots. I know that's a lot but I came home and drank water and went to bed. For the past few days I have felt like HELL! I know it's a hangover and whatever but this isn't a typical hangover. I used to be able to drink 4-5 nights and week and be able to get over it in an hour or so. So my question is, Is my body feeling like such **** because it's been used to a very clean diet and me taking care of myself and then all sudden me putting a bunch of alcohol in it? From the one night of drinking I feel like I have been off from lifting for a week and ate like crap? IS this abnormal ?

nhlfan
02-25-2008, 11:54 PM
are you sure you're not sick or something?

Slim Schaedle
02-26-2008, 12:10 AM
IS this abnormal ?

nope

The Bran Man
02-26-2008, 08:14 AM
are you sure you're not sick or something?

Nope not sick, I feel alright today but it's Tuesday and I drank Saturday. I just felt achy and sore. I wonder if it was from being so dehydrated from the alcohol combined with creatine earlier in the day. My new plan is to forget drinking and get "JACKED" :thumbup:

Keith
02-26-2008, 09:35 AM
I get hangovers from hell now. I used to be able to drink a whole lot more back in the good ol' High School days but now I rarely drink and when I do, which usually isn't a lot, it kills me the next day or two.

Commute
02-26-2008, 10:36 AM
I cut back on my drinking as I tend to Black out... and people I hang with had a problem controlling my behavior. I would definately vote for getting jacked as opposed to drinking. I'm 28 now and I drink only on Sundays during football season. My friends always poke fun at me when I go out with them on Saturday nights and I order a diet coke, but when I'm jacked and their fat, I'll be the one that's laughing.

AKMass
02-26-2008, 10:38 AM
You built up a tolerance to alcohol(by drinking a lot), then you stopped drinking, and lost the tolerance. Then you drank, now you feel like crap. Pretty common if you ask me.

blasphemy
02-26-2008, 10:44 AM
You might still be dehydrated. Drink more water. When I get dehydrated it takes a few days to get back if I don't force myself to consume a lot of water.

Bicster
02-26-2008, 03:05 PM
I am 21 and used to drink a lot. The other night I went out to watch a basketball game and drank about 8 beers and 6 shots. I know that's a lot but I came home and drank water and went to bed. I used to be able to drink 4-5 nights and week and be able to get over it in an hour or so.

You have a drinking problem. You should seek some help with someone that can get to the root cause of it.

Keith
02-26-2008, 03:14 PM
You have a drinking problem. You should seek some help with someone that can get to the root cause of it.

LOL, what makes you say that?

He said he USED to drink a lot.

Brad263
02-26-2008, 03:23 PM
It's probably the dehydration. I think creatine makes it worse. I noticed when I started taking creatine the hangovers got way worse. It makes sense creatine makes your body retain water so you get a high amount of water in your body and then you drink alcohol which dehydrates you. So you flush all that water out of your body you go from 110% to 10% in one night. Now your creatine pumped body needs water and you gotta give it to it fast and in large amounts something that isn't always easy after a night of drinking.

Bicster
02-26-2008, 03:24 PM
LOL, what makes you say that?

He said he USED to drink a lot.

yet just the other night he had 14 drinks.

Keith
02-26-2008, 03:27 PM

So someone has a drinking problem if they have 8 beers and 6 shots?

Foggy06
02-26-2008, 03:27 PM
maybe your drink got spiked or something???never had a hangover for more than 1 day!

Rock Steady
02-26-2008, 03:30 PM

He has the word "Crackhead" under his name and you're concerned about his drinking? :P

Anyway, the guy is 21. Let him get wasted. The very fact that he drinks less and he's aware of the effect tells me that he'll be fine.

The Bran Man
02-26-2008, 03:56 PM
:bash:

Bicster
02-26-2008, 04:37 PM
So someone has a drinking problem if they have 8 beers and 6 shots?

yes, that is exactly what i said. well done.

Keith
02-26-2008, 04:43 PM

Well done?

Sounds like someone didn't have fun when they were young.

Wednesday.
02-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Alcohol is poisonous, they call it inTOXICated.

Your tolerance has been reduced, thats a good thing. Cheaper to get a buzz!

Bicster
02-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Well done?

so i didnt have fun when i was young b/c i think drinking 4-5 nights per week and having 14 drinks in one night is both unhealthy and symptomatic of an underlying set of issues?

The Bran Man
02-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Well done?

:evillaugh: :hello:

:confused: :confused:

Keith
02-26-2008, 06:58 PM
so i didnt have fun when i was young b/c i think drinking 4-5 nights per week and having 14 drinks in one night is both unhealthy and symptomatic of an underlying set of issues?

No, because you consider someone to have a drinking problem if they consume 14 drinks in one night. The guy doesn't have a drinking problem. End it at that.

wesside
02-26-2008, 08:37 PM
No, because you consider someone to have a drinking problem if they consume 14 drinks in one night. The guy doesn't have a drinking problem. End it at that.

word.
At 21 I was drinking as often as this young buck. But I had my **** together, and never would I, nor anyone consider me to have an alcohol problem for drinking a ton in a night/weekend and so fourth. Now at 26, and at law school it may happen occasionally, once a month or two months. Doesnt mean I have a drinking problem. For those that think that I do, it sounds like they have a problem with alcohol consumption in general.
Anyways, its probably/likely the creatine. Something similar happened to me, only on a lighter scale. Had creatine and lifted in the morning. Went about my day similarly to any other day. Only it was a saturday, and I had a few beers later that afternoon with a meal. Didnt even get drunk. Had many stomach cramps that night that were somewhat painful.
So its likely the creatine, if you took some that day, if the drinking was closely after taking creatine. Are you loading up on creatine?

Bicster
02-27-2008, 01:05 AM
word.
At 21 I was drinking as often as this young buck. But I had my **** together, and never would I, nor anyone consider me to have an alcohol problem for drinking a ton in a night/weekend and so fourth. Now at 26, and at law school it may happen occasionally, once a month or two months. Doesnt mean I have a drinking problem. For those that think that I do, it sounds like they have a problem with alcohol consumption in general.
Anyways, its probably/likely the creatine. Something similar happened to me, only on a lighter scale. Had creatine and lifted in the morning. Went about my day similarly to any other day. Only it was a saturday, and I had a few beers later that afternoon with a meal. Didnt even get drunk. Had many stomach cramps that night that were somewhat painful.
So its likely the creatine, if you took some that day, if the drinking was closely after taking creatine. Are you loading up on creatine?

he said he drank 4-5 nights a week. thats not normal.

The Bran Man
02-27-2008, 04:38 AM

dude I don't know what you did in college but it doesn't like you had much fun. And I do have my **** together. I drank 4-5 nights a week for the first few weeks that I was 21, but it didn't take long to get over that. Get over it, thanks for the responses guy's.

Close/THREAD

caseymajor
02-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Thats the one thing that I have learned from experience. If I want to be healthy and bodybuild I need to stay away from drinking because there is no positives that come from it. When I was in high school I drank 4-5 nights a week and always felt fine, but now if I drink 2-3 drinks I feel it for days on end. Not worth my money or time so I cut it totally out. If i was at a bar I would order food instead of drink because I love to eat and would rather spend money on something i eat then something i might throw up later

The Bran Man
02-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Thats the one thing that I have learned from experience. If I want to be healthy and bodybuild I need to stay away from drinking because there is no positives that come from it. When I was in high school I drank 4-5 nights a week and always felt fine, but now if I drink 2-3 drinks I feel it for days on end. Not worth my money or time so I cut it totally out. If i was at a bar I would order food instead of drink because I love to eat and would rather spend money on something i eat then something i might throw up later

4-5 drinks a week, sounds like you had a MAJOR problem MR. Major :alcoholic: :zipit:

What do you think BISTCER?:indian:

thompo
02-27-2008, 11:23 AM
bicster, did you have an alcoholic dad or something?

...or did nobody ever ask you to go out with them in college?

TopCat
02-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Alcoholic? No.

Unhealthy? Yes.

Alcoholics are not defined necessarily by just a number of drinks. It is a chronic problems that involves a lack of choice regarding drinking and will eventually affect multiple aspects of ones life negatively. The OP certainly does not fall into this category from the given information. If he flunked out of college or repeatedly tried to stop drinking but couldn't the story would be different.

I'm guessing that dehydration was the culprit. Don't forget that muscle holds more water than fat, meaning more water to replace if you have bulked up some.

P.S. Everyone should show more respect to their fellow members.

dblockspky
07-01-2008, 05:05 AM
I know this thread is old but anybody have any more responses? I'm starting to get the same ****ty 4-5 day hangovers when they never used to happen before. I'm pretty sure it's not dehydration because I drink water the night of and a ton the day after or gatorade and it still doesn't help. OP you figure anything out?

alex11012
07-01-2008, 07:16 AM
I know this thread is old but anybody have any more responses? I'm starting to get the same ****ty 4-5 day hangovers when they never used to happen before. I'm pretty sure it's not dehydration because I drink water the night of and a ton the day after or gatorade and it still doesn't help. OP you figure anything out?

Probably best to go see your doctor about this. How many drinks does it take you to feel like this?

dblockspky
07-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Probably best to go see your doctor about this. How many drinks does it take you to feel like this?

Not sure, I've noticed more recently though that it seems to be beer pong that puts me over the edge. I can have a couple beers and feel great the next day. But if I play 2 games of pong then I feel like crap. I'm assuming it has to do with the rate at which I'm drinking. But I don't understand why drinking the same amount of liquor but at a different speed will effect how you feel the next day.

Gilles1975
07-02-2008, 01:16 AM
While I don't think the guy has a drink problem, I've never understood the mentality that getting drunk equates to having fun. I got drunk twice before I was 18, got bored of it very quickly and moved on.
In the last eight years I have had three half pints of beer while on holiday, no other alcohol.
There are many better ways to spend money, and many better ways of having fun.

alex11012
07-02-2008, 04:22 AM
Not sure, I've noticed more recently though that it seems to be beer pong that puts me over the edge. I can have a couple beers and feel great the next day. But if I play 2 games of pong then I feel like crap. I'm assuming it has to do with the rate at which I'm drinking. But I don't understand why drinking the same amount of liquor but at a different speed will effect how you feel the next day.

The speed of alcohol consumption affects the liver. If you are drinking very quickly it takes time for the liver to absorb the alcohol.

I don't know exact specifics as I am not medically qualified, but again I would suggest you speak to someone that is.

tanker_67
07-02-2008, 12:53 PM

Hell, in college thats normal.