PDA

View Full Version : Need energy to make it through a workout

Angler
02-26-2008, 01:01 PM
I havenít really been doing much since I injured my rotor cuff beginning of last year. Iím now dome with rehab and want to get started again. Iím 6í1Ē 202lbs. I want to change the fat into muscle and tone up. My problem is I have no time to work out during normal hours. Basically from 9pm to 10pm I can head to the gym. My issue is by that time Iím pretty shot and donít have the energy to workout like I want to. Found it very hard last night. This really kills my motivation. I donít drink coffee so I really never get any caffeine in my system.

I ate a steak and chicken dinner at 8pm and was at the gym by 10pm.
After squats I felt like I could hurl. Think I might need more time to digest before working out.

What do you recommend to fire me up?

Thanks

Jay

kevowamo
02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
well if you're going to bed soon after your workout (since its at night), most of the traditional recommendations wont be applicable bc they contain a lot of caffeine and energy-boosting herbs/minerals. given that, you wont be able to fall asleep. if this isnt the case, i would give MRI black powder a shot, i love it. but any caffeine & arginine combo will work

Torrok
02-26-2008, 01:59 PM
you know whats good, get some heavy metal and/or screamo, picture yourself like arnold schwarzenegger and scream as loud as you can before you lift.. sure gets me fired up

Angler
02-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Yes I would like to be able to sleep after. Forgot about that.
My MP3 player is filled with head banger stuff already.

What would be the fastest food to fuel?

azma
02-27-2008, 12:04 AM
You could use RESULTS 45-60 min before working out. 80g of dextrose will give you a nice big insulin spike, and your muscles will be able to handle a more intense workout. You might be a little hungry before going to bed, but that's just your insulin high going away.

Alternatively, you could try to get 90 minutes more sleep at night, or even take an afternoon nap before working out.

Angler
02-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks Azma. I'll give it a shot. Got there at 9 last night and felt good. I think as long as i try to get there by 9 I'm going to do alright.

a nap??? What the heck is that?

I have 4 kids, wife, and great dane puppy to take care of.
So thats more like 6 kids with one having a check book. :eek:

a nap. Bla Ha h ahahhah ah hah

azma
02-27-2008, 06:18 PM
hahahaha....I don't know, man. college is good to me. :D

RhodeHouse
02-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Don't eat heavy foods like, steak and chicken before you train. Oatmeal, cereal, PB sandwich, pasta - stuff like that. Those are carbs that you'll need to exercise. Save the steak and chicken for after the workout.