PDA

View Full Version : easier way to choke down weight gainer?

JoeGibs
02-27-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm looking for some good suggestions on what to do with weight gainer. I'm currently taking the one heaping scoop of GNC's mass xxx and mixing it with milk, and then also putting in my creatine/powdered gatorade (for sugar with the creatine) and mixing it all together. the first few days i was ok with choking it down, but now its getting tough. today i had to chase it with strait milk and eat something after every mouth full.

i have the vanilla flavor, so would blending it with ice cream and milk make it better?

nick420
02-27-2008, 05:39 AM
i would never take vanilla powder in combination with powdered gatorade, but thats just me. I would add some ice cream and some peanut butter and blend the shake, and just make powdered gatorade and creatine mixture separate.

RedSpikeyThing
02-27-2008, 05:58 AM
not only does gatorade and weight gainer sound gross, but it's redundent. Weight gainer is primarily simple carbs, so skip the gatorade and just toss the creatine in. If that still tastes like crap then buy a better weight gainer, like ALN's Maximus. You can mix it in a shaker cup :)

bjohnso
02-27-2008, 07:56 PM
I hear Maximus is delicious this time of year. I've never tried it though.

ZenMonkey
02-28-2008, 08:22 AM

oh yes, much better than in autumn

borracho
02-29-2008, 01:52 PM
oh yes, much better than in autumn
awesome

whiteman90909
03-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah dude, the GNC stuff is almost all sugar already, you don't need the gatorade. The XXX with some chocolate syrup and peanut butter tastes pretty good, and it adds even more calories to the shake.

ProLogic
03-10-2008, 07:38 PM

Try the chocolate, I don't recommend the Vanilla. Not that great-- I'm being honest.

I just dropped 5 scoops of Maximus in brownie mix. We'll see how that goes.