PDA

View Full Version : hand gripper ?

TJM
02-28-2008, 01:28 PM
finally bought one of these. I'm not acutally sure on how often to use it though. I just been doing 3 sets of as many I can do at random times through out the day about 10 times a day.
Am I over using / under using it?

Ben Moore
02-28-2008, 01:30 PM
What kind do you use? I use my grippers in the car. i'm in sales so between appointments I knock out a few sets every 2-3 days.

TJM
02-28-2008, 01:34 PM
I got one of those pro hands grippers that has individual finger buttons on it. I couldn't find a regular one in the store.

Ben Moore
02-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Those aren't strong enough to do much damage - I'd say once a day for a few sets rest pause style.

have you looked into the ironmind or heavy grippers/

TJM
02-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Those aren't strong enough to do much damage - I'd say once a day for a few sets rest pause style.

have you looked into the ironmind or heavy grippers/

Yea, I'll get some edventually. I use the grippers at my gym too, do hex db holds, and use the shrug macine for a farmers hold. I'll try just one session w/ the grippers.

Ben Moore
02-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Good luck - just stay consistent!

Klotz
02-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Those grippers sound crappy. Get some real ones, like Captains of Crush from Ironmind.

Notorious
02-28-2008, 04:18 PM
If I wanted an Ironmind gripper, what weight is good to start out at? I don't want to have to buy a new gripper or anything just because the one I bought is too light/heavy.

Do they sell these at any stores where I would be able to test them out?

RedSpikeyThing
02-28-2008, 05:46 PM
If I wanted an Ironmind gripper, what weight is good to start out at? I don't want to have to buy a new gripper or anything just because the one I bought is too light/heavy.

some fitness specialty stores carry them. How much do you deadlift, and do you do for static holds?

Killa Kurt
02-28-2008, 05:56 PM

You should buy quite a few different pressure grippers. You should warm up sufficiently before doing actual sets. I do low rep sets, 3-5, and sometimes I even do negatives.

EDIT: I think magnus samuelsson has a video explaning training about grippers.....he closed the No 4 CoC.

waynedang
02-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Try these grippers http://www.prowriststraps.com/super_gripper_ivanko

Here is a code for 15% discount and a free set of wraps "SENDFREE"

Klotz
02-29-2008, 08:33 AM

If you haven't done much grip training or manual labour, maybe the trainer and then the 1 or the 2. If you think you have a strong grip, get the 1 and 2.

Killa Kurt
03-02-2008, 07:17 PM
You should just buy a whole set.....