PDA

View Full Version : Pre, During, and Post Workout Nutrient Timing Survey

Rock Steady
02-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I did I search and didn't find anything like this, so I hope there will be good participation. Please describe your pre, during, and post workout food/supp intake. For bonus points, list why you do it.

Currently:
15 minutes pre-workout: 45g dextrose, 25g whey
5 minutes post-workout: 45g dextrose, 25g whey
5-60 minutes post-workout: Milk, 10-30 oz
60 minutes post-workout: Detour protein bar (60g carbs, 30g whey protein, 12g fat)

I do this because it's relatively easy and I really didn't know of anything better.

I plan on adding both RESULTS and Waxy Maize to my pre/post workout diet. I've been having a little trouble deciding how to fit these in along with any additional carbs/protein for the hour before and hour after I lift.

I plan to do:
60 minutes pre-workout: RESULTS
15 minutes pre-workout: ?? (Carbs and protein..?)
5 minutes post-workout: Waxy Maize+BCAAs (may switch this to whey)
20 minutes post-workout: ?? (Just protein?)
60 minutes post-workout: Detour bar

I plan to use RESULTS 60 minutes before per the dosing instructions and the stories that are rolling in. I plan to use the Waxy Maize+BCAA right after per the big thread on it. I'm still a little confused as to what, if anything, I should take right before I go to the gym.

So what are other people's practices and rationale?

Outshine
02-28-2008, 03:05 PM
I'll play...

Pre workout (and breakfast):
Whey shake right after waking up. Then I go and do wake up related activities, and then down a solid food meal of egg whites and some kind of carb (whole wheat bread, oatmeal, some kind of bean, etc.). All total, I'm getting about 50g of protein and 75g of carbs pre workout.

Workout

Post workout:
On the way home from the gym (say 5 minutes post workout) I drink a whey/dextrose shake... about 50g of dextrose and 35g of whey. (If I'm taking creatine, 3-5 grams are added to this shake as well.)

1-1.5 hours later:
An insane amount of brown rice and a bunch of grilled chicken. The totals are something like 125g of carbs and 40-50g of protein. I also usually take a fish oil cap with this meal. No special reason for this other than it's an easy time to remember to take a fish oil.

Oh, and each of the above contains a whole lot of water.

Tikiman
02-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Pre Workout (1.5-2 Hours Before)
Lunch (Turkey Sandwich, Yogurt, Fruit, Skim Milk, Banana)

Post Workout (5-10 Minutes After)
1 Cup Skim Milk
1.5 Scoop Nature's Best Isopure + 1 Scoop Carbo Hit (if I did Cardio)