PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need to eat vegetables?

OGROK
03-02-2008, 02:17 AM
I don't give a damn if they reduce the risk of heart disease or cancer or whatever obscure health-related benefit. There was a video on here not long ago of a bodybuilder who only ate 6 foods (chicken, tuna, bananas, oatmeal, rice, and egg whites) and vegetables weren't on that list. So are vegetables really that important, because I absolutely hate eating them. Especially broccoli, because it stinks up the place.

Fuzzy
03-02-2008, 05:28 AM
Yes, sure, just take a little vitamin pill becase we humans are sooooo smart we can account for every single nutritional aspect and subsitute it with a powder, pill, or whatever other ****.

Eat your veggies.

zen
03-02-2008, 05:36 AM
No, fuzzy, I trust that the chemical factory in china makes me some quality untainted vitamins with loads of quality control on mixing and processing of those chemicals.... because, they like me and would never do anything bad to me.

Sensei
03-02-2008, 06:42 AM
I don't give a damn if they reduce the risk of heart disease or cancer or whatever obscure health-related benefit. There was a video on here not long ago of a bodybuilder who only ate 6 foods (chicken, tuna, bananas, oatmeal, rice, and egg whites) and vegetables weren't on that list. So are vegetables really that important, because I absolutely hate eating them. Especially broccoli, because it stinks up the place.
I'm just assuming this is a serious post, but basically you're saying you don't give a damn about long-term health, right? Your question basically is "Short term, can I get big without eating vegetables?", right?

Youth, genetics, and drugs (in spite of a crappy diet) can take you far, but, believe it or not, there are a lot of reasons why eating a varied diet is a good idea.

RedSpikeyThing
03-02-2008, 08:19 AM
I thought this post (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1846259&highlight=greens#post1846259) from holto should be a good reason to eat your veggies. If not, it gives you a good substitute :)

Bupp
03-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Ogrok's Mom: "Eat your brussel sprouts"

Ogrok: "I don't want to"

Ogrok's Mom: "Don't make me get the hose"

Ogrok: "But my internet friends say it's ok not to eat vegetables"

Ogrok's mom starts counting to 3

Ogrok: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please don't get the hose. I'll eat my vegetables"

jclovesme19
03-02-2008, 01:42 PM
I think vegetables aren't that necessary, because we have things like multi vites and green powder and stuff, but some things just can't be substituted, i still eat vegatables, I guess it just depends on how bad you want to be big

OGROK
03-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Alright guys, chill out. I eat 4 cups of green veggies a day as it is. But the problem is, I don't know why I do it. I know why I eat rice, chicken, oats, peanut butter, whey and milk but I don't know why I bother eating veggies. If eating veggies is so important, why are there elite competition bodybuilders who never eat them?

Slim Schaedle
03-02-2008, 02:58 PM
If eating veggies is so important, why are there elite competition bodybuilders who never eat them?

Elite athletes should not be used a be-all end-all testaments as to why things are done or not done.

Unreal
03-02-2008, 03:02 PM
If read the follow up to that video that was a short term precontest diet. Taking a 5-6 week diet to shred the last bit of fat as a daily diet is not a good idea.

AL_DA_GREAT
03-03-2008, 05:35 AM
They are good for you. Forget the taste and eat them. Remember roughly 50% of your intake should come from carbs.

Unreal
03-03-2008, 07:39 AM
They are good for you. Forget the taste and eat them. Remember roughly 50% of your intake should come from carbs.

Says who? For what goals? That is a false blanket statement. Carbs are not even needed.

brihead301
03-03-2008, 07:51 AM
If you eat your veggies, you will grow up to be big and strong.

DirtyRobot
03-03-2008, 08:13 AM
If eating veggies is so important, why are there elite competition bodybuilders who never eat them?

Bodybuilders eat vegetables.

They might cut them out completely for a few weeks before a show when they're dieting down to insane levels of bodyfat, but for most of the year they eat veggies.